New Year's Cast On Projects

Old January 3rd 04, 04:28 PM
Karen in MN

"EJ" wrote in message
.net...
In article ,
says...
This is what I have received so far:

Ranee: Cross Your Heart Gansey in Cranberry Candide

Judy: Celtic Cardigan in Camel Sierra

JJMolvik: Wedding Ring Shawl in lavender

Rachel: A Pair of Socks

Katherine: Short Sleeved Cable & Lace Sweater in Green Sunbeam
Sapphire DK

Christine in Kent: Long Rib Jacket with Hood in Cloud Blue Sirdar
Eternity Aran

Noreen: Cobweb Shawl

Nora: Fingerless Gloves

Janise: Hasn't decided yet, but is joining us

Anyone else interested? Please join in, it just has to be something
you make for yourself.

Ok...I mostly lurk but I think this time I'll join in A little
encouragement is a good thing

I'm doing the Einstein Jacket from Sally Melville's "The Knit Stitch",
and I am doing it in Sketch...a cotton/varoius acrylic blend from
Adrafil...and its working up quite nicely too I like the way the
fabric is turning out. We'll see what the finished product looks like

EJ

I just started the Einstein coat also -- I'm using Cascade Eco wool,
although now I'm wishing I had used something with a little more color,
because it occurred to me that everything I'm doing lately is in ecru or
oatmeal or basic off white colors.

Karen in MN

Old January 3rd 04, 04:30 PM
Karen in MN

Ranee, I missed the beginning of this thread, was away from the newsgroup
for a bit. What are the requirements? I re-started my Einstein coat on New
Years day (I had started it, but ripped it out and started it over because
it looked too uneven). Can I use that? Is there a time when it has to be
done?

Karen in MN

"Ranee Mueller" wrote in message
This is what I have received so far:

Ranee: Cross Your Heart Gansey in Cranberry Candide

Judy: Celtic Cardigan in Camel Sierra

JJMolvik: Wedding Ring Shawl in lavender

Rachel: A Pair of Socks

Katherine: Short Sleeved Cable & Lace Sweater in Green Sunbeam
Sapphire DK

Christine in Kent: Long Rib Jacket with Hood in Cloud Blue Sirdar
Eternity Aran

Noreen: Cobweb Shawl

Nora: Fingerless Gloves

Janise: Hasn't decided yet, but is joining us

Anyone else interested? Please join in, it just has to be something
you make for yourself.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24

Old January 3rd 04, 04:32 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 09:30:40 -0600, Karen in MN wrote:

Ranee, I missed the beginning of this thread, was away from the newsgroup
for a bit. What are the requirements? I re-started my Einstein coat on New
Years day (I had started it, but ripped it out and started it over because
it looked too uneven). Can I use that? Is there a time when it has to be
done?

Karen in MN

Hi again, Karen! Obviously, I'm not Ranee, but I'll jump in and say a
resounding YES, you can count this.
The requirement is: that it's for *YOU*!!
And, hopefully, it is finished by the end of the year... that's the *goal*,
anyway!
HTH,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old January 3rd 04, 04:34 PM
Katherine

Gina Beirne wrote:
I'm in. I'm working on Oat Couture's Bijoux Blouse. I'm so excited to
be making something for myself! I actually started it the day after
Christmas because I was so excited so does it still count?

Goodness, yes! You just jumped the gun a bit, is all.
Katherine

Old January 3rd 04, 05:55 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Ranee,

I've changed my project, but will probably do the fingerless gloves in the
future, but I'm make a muff for me, started it last night and have ten rows
done.

Hugs,

Nora
Old January 3rd 04, 06:13 PM
onmycue

Ranee Mueller wrote:

This is what I have received so far:

snip

Anyone else interested? Please join in, it just has to be something
you make for yourself.

Regards,
Ranee

Count me in for my whacked-out-tablecloth/watteau train. Has to be
done by May 8. I haven't cast on yet, cause I'm still working on the
pattern.

--
onmycue
onmycue-at-tds-dot-net
Old January 3rd 04, 06:52 PM
Stella Fenley

So what do you have to do.Stella
"Michele" wrote in message

Ranee,I'm in! I have not decided what I'll make yet.... right now I'm
leaning toward a sweater or a felted hat. I've had the pattern and yarn

for
this hat for at least 2 years. I just have not done it yet.

Peace,
Michele in KY

Old January 3rd 04, 07:09 PM
The Other Kim

I'm still planning on doing the Lochgelly pattern from "A Season's
Tale", a full-length coat, in Lopi, natural heather color. Still need
to get the yarn, but I've fixed the pattern so I can make it in one
piece to the armholes, as I'm a tall gal and don't relish the though of
sewing 4-1/2-foot long seams g

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Old January 3rd 04, 10:12 PM
Katherine

The Other Kim wrote:
I'm still planning on doing the Lochgelly pattern from "A Season's
Tale", a full-length coat, in Lopi, natural heather color. Still
need to get the yarn, but I've fixed the pattern so I can make it in
one piece to the armholes, as I'm a tall gal and don't relish the
though of sewing 4-1/2-foot long seams g

OH my, Kim! Quite a project!
Katherine

Old January 3rd 04, 10:13 PM
norma woods

Katherine, It's going to be beautiful!

--
Star love,
Norma
"Katherine" wrote in message
Ranee,
My project has changed, but it HAS been cast on. Here is a URL where you

can
have a look at the new one, which could be the death of me!
http://www.tradewindknits.com/thrsswea.html
Katherine

Ranee Mueller wrote:
This is what I have received so far:

Ranee: Cross Your Heart Gansey in Cranberry Candide

Judy: Celtic Cardigan in Camel Sierra

JJMolvik: Wedding Ring Shawl in lavender

Rachel: A Pair of Socks

Katherine: Short Sleeved Cable & Lace Sweater in Green Sunbeam
Sapphire DK

Christine in Kent: Long Rib Jacket with Hood in Cloud Blue Sirdar
Eternity Aran

Noreen: Cobweb Shawl

Nora: Fingerless Gloves

Janise: Hasn't decided yet, but is joining us

Anyone else interested? Please join in, it just has to be
something you make for yourself.

Regards,
Ranee

New Year projects [email protected] Needlework 5 January 8th 05 09:18 PM
What to do with finished projects Gossamer Axe Needlework 51 September 27th 04 11:49 PM
New Year's Cast On? Ranee Mueller Yarn 34 January 3rd 04 02:18 AM
New Year's Cast On JudyTurpin Yarn 2 January 2nd 04 06:30 PM
Unfinished projects -> finished projects Elsa Yarn 2 December 22nd 03 07:02 PM