Newbie question for a machine knit lace pattern...

Old April 8th 04, 10:20 PM
Diamanda_of_Lancre

Default Newbie question for a machine knit lace pattern...

Hi,

I hate to ask a newbie question but can anyone decipher this row of a
pattern I am trying to knit on my Toyota KS777. I haven't had the machine
for long and am still finding my feet...

The pattern is a girls sweater with a lacy pattern at the bottom

row 3 is worked over 20 stitches and goes like this:

^\\\o/o///^\\\o/o///

I appreciate that the font used may not allow for accurate description of
the row, but can anyone please tell me if I have transferred the stitches
left and there is an empty needle, where do I get the wool from in order to
transfer right twice? Or maybe I'm reading the pattern wrong....

Any help will be greatly appreciated as my cats probably know more about
machine knitting than me!

Diamanda

Old April 8th 04, 10:26 PM
Cher

I used to know all the answers to this when transferring by hand then got an
electronic after several punch pattern ones, and now can't think,
what does ^ mean? they all have to be shifted in order to get the 0 in the
middle where you need an empty needle, so all of them have to be shifted
from the outer section in, to give you the hole you are after, but I am
presuming that the ^ means knit ordinary is that right??

cher
Diamanda_of_Lancre wrote in message
Hi,

I hate to ask a newbie question but can anyone decipher this row of a
pattern I am trying to knit on my Toyota KS777. I haven't had the machine
for long and am still finding my feet...

The pattern is a girls sweater with a lacy pattern at the bottom

row 3 is worked over 20 stitches and goes like this:

^\\\o/o///^\\\o/o///

I appreciate that the font used may not allow for accurate description of
the row, but can anyone please tell me if I have transferred the stitches
left and there is an empty needle, where do I get the wool from in order

transfer right twice? Or maybe I'm reading the pattern wrong....

Any help will be greatly appreciated as my cats probably know more about
machine knitting than me!

Diamanda

---

Old April 8th 04, 10:36 PM
Diamanda_of_Lancre

Wow! that was quick!

According to the pattern ^ means "transfer st from left and right" so when I
do this I end up with 3 stitches on the one needle.

I'm not even sure if that's right!

Old April 8th 04, 11:21 PM
S Viemeister

Diamanda_of_Lancre wrote:

Wow! that was quick!

According to the pattern ^ means "transfer st from left and right" so when I
do this I end up with 3 stitches on the one needle.

That looks right - if each ^ represents a stitch with two stitches
transferred to it, and the os represent empty needles.
You'll have one ^ for every two os.

Sheila

Old April 9th 04, 10:29 AM
Cher

I see you are cross posting with the machine knit board, so I'll stay
silent, as they will help you further with this one. I'll get my books out
and see what you mean exactly.

Cheers....Cher