An applique trick

Old August 23rd 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Default An applique trick

The shop where I teach has a trick to prevent fusing onto the press
board covers..... They press freezer paper onto the board. For pressing
seams and such the freezer paper doesn't interfere, it doesn't shift or
get out of place and is easily replaceable when needed. G
Good trick to remember when you are doing a lot of fusing.

As to removing fusible web (instead of fusible interfacing...) Good
luck. Depends on the brand. Heat and Bond will lose all its ability to
stick if you over heat it and is the best if you have goofed. (But I
don't like it because of that BG) With either Wonder Under or Steam a
Seam, you may just need to applique over the problem area. They may
eventually "go away" but I wouldn't count on it. IF you have already
heated with a cloth over it and it didn't pick up the excess, you may
have just forced the "glue" into the fibers of the board cover.
Sorry.

Have fun.
Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
Polly Esther wrote:
I just did some really messy appliqué to fusible web pressing. To
keep my pressing board clean, I put a sheet of Reynolds 'Release'
aluminum foil on it. It works just great. The appliqué peeled off
easily with nary a ravel or fray. It did Not work where the foil
wasn't. Anybody know how to remove fusibles from a pressing board
cover? Polly

I have a roll of 'magic carpet' oven/baking tray liner the length of the
ironing board for this sort of work. Due to NOT having used it and
other iron accidents over the summer (at least 3 major scorch marks!) I
now need to re-do my ironing board!

Old August 23rd 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Polly Esther wrote:
I just did some really messy appliqué to fusible web pressing. To keep my
pressing board clean, I put a sheet of Reynolds 'Release' aluminum foil on
it. It works just great. The appliqué peeled off easily with nary a ravel
or fray. It did Not work where the foil wasn't. Anybody know how to remove
fusibles from a pressing board cover? Polly

Remove the entire cover and replace it with a new one

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Focus on Applique: Ugly fabrics = great for applique Debra Quilting 25 October 1st 06 07:00 AM
OT a little techy trick? Polly Esther Quilting 8 April 25th 06 08:30 AM
An applique smart trick Polly Esther Quilting 10 December 11th 05 06:01 PM
Cabbing Trick Jack Schmidling Jewelry 4 June 30th 04 06:40 AM
A cheap trick Polly Esther Quilting 24 September 26th 03 01:18 PM