OT - MN weather report - request for good thoughts

Old August 21st 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Default OT - MN weather report - request for good thoughts

You may have seen something on the news about the heavy rains and
flooding in the southeastern part of Minnesota. There has been a lot of
devastation. Seven people were killed and I think there are still some
missing. The little town of Rushford is a disaster with about a third of
the homes destroyed because water came over a dike. There was a lot of
rain, causing the streams and rivers to rise very quickly. I live in
Rochester, about 40 miles from the worst flooding. We had about 10
inches of rain from Saturday morning to Sunday morning. There was some
problem with mudslides in a few parts of town and lots of wet basements.
The ground is now saturated and more rain is forecast for this week, so
there may be more flooding yet to come. Unfortunately there are many
areas in other parts of the state which are still very dry. Please
remember all the folks who lost loved ones or homes in this event.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old August 21st 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa

Julia, thanks for that reminder to keep them in our thoughts. The death and
devastation in Minnesota and Wisconsin has been awful. I've been griping
because the lawn is too wet to mow (and it needs it!), and I needed to be
reminded that my problems are nothing compared to what so many others are
going through.

--
Louise in Iowa
nielandl@ msn dot com

Old August 22nd 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

So very sorry about the disastrous weather, Julia. We will be holding all
of you close in our hearts and prayers. Polly

.. .

Old August 22nd 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Take good care of yourself, Julia. And I hope the weather straightens
itself out soon.

Patti in Seattle

Old August 22nd 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:23:06 -0500, Julia in MN
wrote:

[...]

The local news here only seems to mention Oklahoma flooding lately, so
I had no idea how it was in your area.

I'd give my eye teeth for even a little rain.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at