Larry Brickman update

Old October 13th 04, 07:30 PM
Emmett

Default Larry Brickman update

Hey Folks I received this the other day from Larry, I'm sure a few of you
know him or his work. I know a few people are donating to help him with his
medical bills, there will possibly be an auction for him sometime soon as
well. As things develop I'll post more.
Emmett

To family and friends,
I want to thank you, thank you, and THANK YOU for all of your flowers,
gifts,
cards, phone calls and emails. Your generosity has been overwhelming. I so
appreciate your support through this, it really makes a big difference
knowing
that your family and friends are there to help one through the tough times.
I especially have to thank my best friend Lin Dennis, who jumped on a plane,
and was here to help me through the worse of it... you''ve been there for me
for all these years... you're the best ever, YOU GO GIRL!!!

The details-
So, on Tues. Sept. 28, I was the unfortunate recipient of a Ischemic stroke.
I suffered a blood clot in the brain, shutting down a blood vessel,
resulting
in a left brain injury which effected the right side of my body, this was
all
detected on an MRI. After several days in the hospital I was released and
have all ready started physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech
therapy. I have regained most of my balance and speech. A brain injury is
strange,
your body says go, the brain says no and I don't like feeling mentally
"fuzzy." I think my biggest problem right now is my energy level, I've been
sleeping about 16 hours a day. My right hand has good grip but struggles
with
writing and anything with dexterity ... which is scary for a full time glass
artist. The best thing right now is therapy and a lot of rest.

I am very fortunate that my brain damage wasn't worse than it is. My doctor
says my stroke is one of the least damaging that he has seen. And the fact
that I'm all ready recovering is very good. Some people recover very
little, or
none at all, from a stroke. Again... I'm very fortunate that the damaged
was
minimal and that I'm on the road to recovery.

On a lighter note- try imaging Larry Brickman with fewer brain cells, that's
scary!! And I'm not drooling, so you can't call me "ol drooly." And a
common
side effect of strokes is "wearing your emotions on your sleeve," I cry very
easily!! I cry at all of the commercials and I was blubbering at the
theater
the other day. It's definitely not a "guy thing." So don't get me
crying!!!

Please don't be offended if you're not listed on this email, I'll remember
50
more people as soon as I hit the "send" button. Feel free to pass this on
anyone that may be interested. Someone might want to put this on the ISGB
forum, I still struggle with that thing.

I'll go for now, attention span doesn't last long, and it gets to be a
struggle.

Thank you for all your support... it means the world to me. Love, Larry

Old October 13th 04, 11:38 PM
Kandice Seeber

Thanks so much for the info, Emmett. I've met Larry a few times - he's a
really nice guy and a fabulous beadmaker. I'm glad to hear he is getting
better!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old October 18th 04, 05:56 AM
Cheryl

So, on Tues. Sept. 28, I was the unfortunate recipient of a Ischemic stroke.
I suffered a blood clot in the brain, shutting down a blood vessel,
resulting
in a left brain injury which effected the right side of my body

GACKKKKK
every artist's nightmare...

boy do I feel for him....
hope his rehab gets him back to his torch...

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/