Sioux City Iowa Shops

Old October 1st 05, 01:05 PM
AliceW

Default Sioux City Iowa Shops

Looks like I am on my way to Sioux City (actually, I think it's really
Sergeant's Bluff) and need info on any good quilt shops I should add to my
itinerary. Will be there the week of November 14th. Here's a trip for you:
Philadelphia to LasVegas (will be there for a week), then onto Irvine,
California, then to Sioux City, then back to Philadelphia. Just to change
clothes though. The day after I get back, we leave for Florida for 75%
business for me, 25% vacation. Plus it's Thanksgiving week and my birthday
and hopefully a week full of spoiling my new grand daughter (due in 8 days
+/- 7 days). Not a round trip ticket in the bunch. What are my chances of
not getting searched at an airport????

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

Old October 1st 05, 02:07 PM
Lisa Caryl

Hi Alice,
I'm not very familiar with that part of the state, but I did find a listing
of Iowa quilt shops he
http://www.clothworks-fabric.com/Qui...tory%20IA2.htm
There is a listing for a quilt shop in Sioux City on the second page. I
don't think this list is complete as I see a couple of shops I know of not
listed (from my area though).

I have been to the Denison quilt shop (south of where you will be) once. It
was small, but friendly. If you make it to the central part of Iowa, or if
you will be traveling on Interstate 35, let me know, I can be of more help
:-).

--
Lisa Caryl
http://www.picturetrails.com/quiltygurl

remove the obvious to reply

Old October 1st 05, 02:56 PM
AliceW

WOW! Thanks! I see lots of good ones - and Fons and Porter too! I'll have
to map out a route that takes me through Winterset! I think it's going to
be a two suitcase trip!

--

:
: I have been to the Denison quilt shop (south of where you will be) once.
It
: was small, but friendly. If you make it to the central part of Iowa, or if
: you will be traveling on Interstate 35, let me know, I can be of more help
::-).
:
:
: --

Old October 1st 05, 03:16 PM
Lisa Caryl

Hi Alice,
If you're going to Winterset, it might be possible for me to meet up with
you. It's mmmmmmmm......I'm not sure, It's an hour to Des Moines for me, and
Winterset is further south and west. It is off the beaten path, but it's a
beautiful little town. There are still some of the covered bridges around,
but Francesca's is gone :-(.

Another shop that would possibly be on your route would be the one in Elk
Horn, IA. It is known state wide as a great shop. Many of my guild members
have made the trip over there, and it's 2-3 hours from us.

Also, there is the shop where I teach is in central Iowa. It's one of the
largest shops around, and there are some fun places for lunch close by :-).
Will give you more info privately if you like.

I am off to teach for the rest of the day, but will be back later this
evening.
Lisa

Old October 1st 05, 04:00 PM
AliceW

My timing will all depend on how long my California trip will end up being.
Iowa is being squeezed in between California and Florida so it will take
some planning to get to some of these places. I'll see what I can fit in,
though.

--

"Lisa Caryl" wrote in message
[...]
: "AliceW" wrote in message
: ...
: WOW! Thanks! I see lots of good ones - and Fons and Porter too! I'll
: have
: to map out a route that takes me through Winterset! I think it's going
: be a two suitcase trip!
:
: --

Old October 2nd 05, 12:08 AM
KJ

What about hitting Country Threads in Garner if she's in the northern part
of the state? I haven't checked a map, but maybe she could come across
north, then go straight south to Des Moines....lots of travel though.
. ..

"Lisa Caryl" wrote in message
[...]
: ...

Old October 2nd 05, 12:22 AM
AliceW

Thanks, I'll add that one to the map.

--

"KJ" wrote in message
: What about hitting Country Threads in Garner if she's in the northern part
: of the state? I haven't checked a map, but maybe she could come across
: north, then go straight south to Des Moines....lots of travel though.
: "AliceW" wrote in message
: . ..
: My timing will all depend on how long my California trip will end up
: being.
: Iowa is being squeezed in between California and Florida so it will take
: some planning to get to some of these places. I'll see what I can fit
in,
: though.
:
: --
: Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
: http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/
: "Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a
: grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack
:
:
:
: "Lisa Caryl" wrote in message
: ...
: : Hi Alice,
: : If you're going to Winterset, it might be possible for me to meet up
: with
: : you. It's mmmmmmmm......I'm not sure, It's an hour to Des Moines for
me,
: and
: : Winterset is further south and west. It is off the beaten path, but
it's
: a
: : beautiful little town. There are still some of the covered bridges
: around,
: : but Francesca's is gone :-(.
: :
: : Another shop that would possibly be on your route would be the one in
: Elk
: : Horn, IA. It is known state wide as a great shop. Many of my guild
: members
: : have made the trip over there, and it's 2-3 hours from us.
: :
: : Also, there is the shop where I teach is in central Iowa. It's one of
: the
: : largest shops around, and there are some fun places for lunch close by
: :-).
: : Will give you more info privately if you like.
: :
: : I am off to teach for the rest of the day, but will be back later this
: : evening.
: : Lisa
: : "AliceW" wrote in message
: : ...
: : WOW! Thanks! I see lots of good ones - and Fons and Porter too!
: I'll
: : have
: : to map out a route that takes me through Winterset! I think it's
: going
: : be a two suitcase trip!
: :
: : --

Old October 2nd 05, 12:45 AM
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Heart and Hand is a nice smallish shop in Sioux City. Nice selection
and very friendly/helpful staff.

joan

"KJ" wrote in message
: What about hitting Country Threads in Garner if she's in the northern part
: of the state? I haven't checked a map, but maybe she could come across
: north, then go straight south to Des Moines....lots of travel though.
: "AliceW" wrote in message
: . ..
: My timing will all depend on how long my California trip will end up
: being.
: Iowa is being squeezed in between California and Florida so it will take
: some planning to get to some of these places. I'll see what I can fit
in,
: though.
:
: --
: Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
: http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/
: "Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a
: grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack
:
:
:
: "Lisa Caryl" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: : ...

Old October 2nd 05, 12:56 AM
Lisa Caryl

Hi Kathyl,
I haven't looked on the map, but it might be quite a drive. I'm pretty sure
that it would be 2 lane travel from Souix City to Garner, rather than 4 lane
if they go south, and then east towards Des Moines.

I just have to say that I'd not feel comfortable recommending this shop.
While it was a few years ago, I was treated rudely when I was there. I feel
no need to go back. Just my personal expirience though,
Lisa

From: "KJ"
Subject: Sioux City Iowa Shops
Date: Saturday, October 01, 2005 6:08 PM

Old October 2nd 05, 01:01 AM
AliceW

Well, this one sounds like it's in the ballpark! Definitely on the list!
Thanks, Joan.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/
"Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a
grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack

ups.com...
: "KJ" wrote in message
: news:JFE%e.428950$xm3.29626@attbi_s21...
: : What about hitting Country Threads in Garner if she's in the northern
part
: : of the state? I haven't checked a map, but maybe she could come
across
: : north, then go straight south to Des Moines....lots of travel though.
: : "AliceW" wrote in message
: : . ..
: : My timing will all depend on how long my California trip will end up
: : being.
: : Iowa is being squeezed in between California and Florida so it will
take
: : some planning to get to some of these places. I'll see what I can
fit
: in,
: : though.
: :
: : --
: : Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
: : http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/
: : "Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a
: : grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack
: :
: :
: :
: : "Lisa Caryl" wrote in message
: : ...
: : : Hi Alice,
: : : If you're going to Winterset, it might be possible for me to meet
up
: : with
: : : you. It's mmmmmmmm......I'm not sure, It's an hour to Des Moines
for
: me,
: : and
: : : Winterset is further south and west. It is off the beaten path,
but
: it's
: : a
: : : beautiful little town. There are still some of the covered bridges
: : around,
: : : but Francesca's is gone :-(.
: : :
: : : Another shop that would possibly be on your route would be the one
in
: : Elk
: : : Horn, IA. It is known state wide as a great shop. Many of my guild
: : members
: : : have made the trip over there, and it's 2-3 hours from us.
: : :
: : : Also, there is the shop where I teach is in central Iowa. It's one
of
: : the
: : : largest shops around, and there are some fun places for lunch
close by
: : :-).
: : : Will give you more info privately if you like.
: : :
: : : I am off to teach for the rest of the day, but will be back later
this
: : : evening.
: : : Lisa
: : : "AliceW" wrote in message
: : : ...
: : : WOW! Thanks! I see lots of good ones - and Fons and Porter
too!
: : I'll
: : : have
: : : to map out a route that takes me through Winterset! I think
it's
: : going
: : : be a two suitcase trip!
: : :
: : : --
: : : Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
: : : http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/
: : : "Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she
becomes a
: : : grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack
: : :
: : :
: : :
: :
: :
: :
: :
:

Virginia City shops Jacqueline Cahoon Beads 0 June 17th 05 11:35 PM
Quilt stores along I80 from Chicago to Nebraska unclbennie Quilting 10 March 30th 05 01:05 PM
Cloth & threads Shops that disappeared ...... Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Needlework 1 December 28th 04 11:30 AM
Sioux City IA LQS Joan8904 Quilting 1 June 30th 04 01:41 AM
Fun Visit to the LBS in Iowa City angela Beads 2 August 21st 03 10:11 PM