Bead and Show from me

Old July 1st 03, 06:05 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default Bead and Show from me

Had a request for a 40+ inch nursing necklace in reds & purples:

http://snurl.com/1p9t

Had a request for an August/October birthstone bracelet. I used moonstone
for the 'opal' and peridot:

http://snurl.com/1pa1

Did a bunch of custom-size & custom-color pearl & Swarovski bracelets for a
wedding party:

http://snurl.com/1pa2

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Old July 1st 03, 08:06 PM
Dr. Sooz

Nice work, kiddo -- what's a nursing necklace?
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/links.htm
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Old July 1st 03, 08:26 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

It's to keep a nursing baby's hands occupied while they eat. Many children
will pinch skin, twiddle the other nipple, pull hair, etc. A nursing
necklace gives them something to play with/hold their interest. Some people
will string wooden beads on hemp or use plastic. I make mine with
glass/metal and of a length that they can be worn as regular jewelry when
mama is out and about.

If you check the necklace area of my site (link below) you can see several
ones that I've done, some with boob beads grin.

Sooz - calling me kiddo? HAW - I'm not that much younger than you (I
think!).

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Old July 1st 03, 08:27 PM
D Brock

I was going to ask too --- was afraid I didn't know 'cause I'm a guy...

(BTW: I'm particularly interested because I'm doing another "birthing
bracelet" --- which means I make beads that are long and smooth (rather than
wide, chunky, or bumpy) to "promote" easy childbirth for the recipient!!!)

--Dave

Old July 1st 03, 09:44 PM
Dr. Sooz

Sooz - calling me kiddo? HAW - I'm not that much younger than you (I
think!).
Barbara

Oh, I use that word all the time with anyone, regardless of age. It's just
like saying "dolling" or "baby" or "girlie" -- terms of endearment I use with
no real accuracy. Just sweetie-names. But I bet I'm a bit older than you!
I'm 48 and a half.
~~
Sooz
-------

Old July 1st 03, 09:46 PM
Dr. Sooz

---Oh, and the nursing necklaces are such a great idea! I'm glad you didn't
dream them up as a category, because I think I'm going to grab the notion and
try to fly! Love it. :-)
~~
Sooz
-------

Old July 1st 03, 10:53 PM
Kandice Seeber

Looooovely! The nursing necklace is especially cool.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 2nd 03, 06:47 AM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote:

Had a request for a 40+ inch nursing necklace in reds & purples:

http://snurl.com/1p9t

I remember you talking about this before, but I still have a bad case of
postpartum-brain and have forgotten: what is a "nursing necklace"? Is it
for the baby to fiddle with while nursing (instead of Mom's other
nipple)? It's cool!

--
-Kalera
Mom of Juliet, 5, Sam, 3, and Ophelia, born 5/31/03
See us at www.strattonhome.org