Spam

Old November 8th 03, 07:21 PM
Teresa in Colorado

Default Spam

I wish we could block messages that are crossposted to more than one
newsgroup.
Sigh.
--
Teresa in Colorado

The Presser Foot
Sewing Machine Sales, Service, Supplies, and More
www.thepresserfoot.com

Old November 8th 03, 08:14 PM
Diana Curtis

I am not sure exactly how, but OE has options to create rules to filter out
specifics you create.
How to make it work in this case is something I dont know.
But I empathize..
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
ink.net...

Old November 8th 03, 08:20 PM
Debbi

Go to Message, then down to Create Rule. Unfortunately, don't know how to
tell OE to filter crossed messages, but this is how I get rid of the porn
spam.

Debbi in SO CA

Old November 9th 03, 01:54 AM
Teresa in Colorado

I know - I use this feature a whole lot!
It doesn't have a way to block messages that have been crossposted.
Unfortunately.

Old November 9th 03, 06:08 AM
John A.

On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 00:54:45 GMT, "Teresa in Colorado"
wrote:

I know - I use this feature a whole lot!
It doesn't have a way to block messages that have been crossposted.
Unfortunately.

Can you filter by multiple arbitrary fields? Maybe you can tell it to,
for instance, reject messages where Newsgroups CONTAINS
"rec.crafts.textiles.quilting" AND Newsgroups IS NOT
"rec.crafts.textiles.quilting". You might miss the odd legitimate
posting, though.

I can't do this with Agent (only filters news on author or subject)
but it does have a feature to let me filter out crossposts of messages
I've already gotten in another group.

JA