Terribly OT opinions requested...

Old July 26th 03, 09:11 AM
Nicole @ Black Cat Beads

Bwahahahhaha

Nicole

vj wrote:
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Nicole @ Black Cat Beads"
:

]Hey there...
]Whatcha doin up late?

typing - what else???

]I am sorting out the new Bali Silver shipment I just got in.

you are VERY wicked and evil! you've got me hooked on the stuff!

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
The Bill of Rights - Void where prohibited by Law.
Regime Change in 2004 - The life you save may be your own.

--
Nicole
Black Cat Beads

eBay Sto http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackcatbeads

I never met a bead I did not like! : )

Old July 29th 03, 12:14 PM
Marisa Cappetta

I'm not sure if it was an impulse so much as early childhood care extended
beyond it's useful life; I was happy to do it and my son was more than happy
to let me!! To my great surprise I developed a huge nurturing instinct upon
the birth of my son. I didn't even feel that strongly when I was pregnant,
which worried me, I thought I was going to be a terrible mother; it happened
when I first saw him.

I wouldn't say that I've spoon fed him, exactly. There are things I just
didn't realise he was capable of. In some cases, he is not all that pleased
that I realise it now! And in some cases, he tries to push that realisation
to its limits, like getting in my BIL's Suzuki 4WD at the farm and planning
to go for a little drive. I intervened in that little expedition before he
turned the key!!!

--
Marisa (AU)
ESBC

This is interesting. I wonder why you had that impulse. I agree that
letting kids take responsibilities they are ready for can have big
benefits, for them and for the rest of the family.

Deirdre

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 05:09:20 GMT, Marisa Cappetta
wrote:

One of the things I do like about Brook being the main care giver is that he
has handed a lot more responsibilty to our son along the way. At 10 years
old, I can see he is ready for it. I was much more inclined to do everything
for him.

Old July 30th 03, 01:50 AM
Deirdre S.

grinning I'm sure he was...

.... and I understand wanting to be of service to those who are dear to
us. I am one who came rather late to the realization that I might be
interfering with their natural development by being -too- serviceable.
These days I am much more inclined to back off and give people space
to grow. And also to avoid taking the initiative too often, so they
learn that they can't always wait for someone else to plan things out
for them, and that there are advantages to doing things for oneself,
in exactly one's own way.

Deirdre