I'm back -- and the stash is safe! ;) -- somewhat OT

Old January 13th 04, 03:45 AM
Sandy Foster

Default I'm back -- and the stash is safe! ;) -- somewhat OT

I came back to a couple of thousand messages. Needless to say, I've
marked them all as read and am starting fresh, so happy dancing for
anyone who wants it, sending good thoughts and prayers wherever needed,
and welcoming any newbies here.

Prior to leaving, I secured my meager stash, gave the ferocious QIs
their instructions, unplugged the SM and crossed my fingers. Then it was
off for seven days of cruising to three ports in Mexico. Bliss. One
of the high points was visiting a tequila factory in an old hacienda,
where we tasted about 10 different kinds of tequila (including flavored
ones! Yum!) and watched some ostriches procreating. A new experience for
me, definitely. G

After a day of doing laundry and washing floors and other surfaces that
normally get daily attention, I'm almost back to normal. Next on the
agenda is a cruise with my twin and her DH to Alaska in August, when
it's going to be a relief to get away from our (dry!) heat here. g

Back to playing catch-up!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
my ISP is earthlink.net -- put s-foster@ in front
Old January 13th 04, 04:03 AM
Shona in NZ

So which was the high point? The tequila or the ostriches?

Shona wondering in NZ

Old January 13th 04, 04:29 AM
Ellison

Howdy!
Holographs.

(You think you're seeing your stash.)

Ragmop/Sandy--we're good; we're VERY good! ;-D

p.s. Welcome home.
Cruising on water? Glad it was you. ;-)

Old January 13th 04, 11:43 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
" Ellison" wrote:

Howdy!
Holographs.

(You think you're seeing your stash.)

Ragmop/Sandy--we're good; we're VERY good! ;-D

p.s. Welcome home.
Cruising on water? Glad it was you. ;-)

Wow! You *are* good! Those holographs even *feel* real! Hmm...wonder if
the quilts I make from them will keep us warm?

As for the water and the cruise, we loved it. We're not much on water
sports, but the cruise is really a relaxation-forcer. g The purser's
desk keeps me supplied with Bonine, so no seasickness, either.
Old January 13th 04, 11:43 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Shona in NZ" wrote:

So which was the high point? The tequila or the ostriches?

Take your pick. Though we could bring some tequila home with us,
which wasn't the case with the ostriches.
Old January 14th 04, 12:03 AM
Shona in NZ

Well it is probably a lucky thing you couldn't bring the ostriches home with
you. I had a male ostrich take a fancy to me once and, um, well lets just
say it was a good thing there was a fence between me and him...

Shona who forgot about that little incident until just now in NZ

Old January 15th 04, 08:02 PM
Coleen

Sandy --

Welcome home. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen
Queen of Loving Stitches
(hoping Sandy doesn't do a stash inventory any time soon, tee hee)