my Koolade-dyed hat in progress

Old May 20th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

Default my Koolade-dyed hat in progress

Here's a photo of the bullet-proof baby hat in progress:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4tzve6q

I dyed the yarn with Cherry Koolaid and Strawberry Lemonade Koolaid. I'm
addicted to Koolaid dyeing now and can't stop experimenting until I try all
of the flavors! :-D

lisa

--
"Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but they
still bring a smile to your face when

Old May 21st 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Karlisa wrote:
Here's a photo of the bullet-proof baby hat in progress:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4tzve6q

I dyed the yarn with Cherry Koolaid and Strawberry Lemonade Koolaid. I'm
addicted to Koolaid dyeing now and can't stop experimenting until
I try all of the flavors! :-D

lisa

The colors are WOW I love em.....the hat is cute tooG

Donna

Old May 24th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
coggietm

Cute colors , they took good.
Coggie

Old May 28th 07, 01:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JJMolvik

I just stumbled on an article on Knitty.com that shows many(all?) colors and
lists the flavors. The web address for it is:

http://www.knitty.com/issuefall02/FEATdyedwool.html

Might save you some time, but might take away some of the fun of
experimenting!

JJMolvik

Old May 28th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Cool, thank you for sharing JJ.

So can *anything* be dyed with Koolaid, or just wool? For instance, if I
had a white
t-shirt that I wanted a different colour, would the Koolaid work on that?

*hugs*
Gemini

. ..

Old May 28th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Anything you ask? How about this?

http://vtwopoint5.blogspot.com/2007/05/koolickle.html

Actually, I recently tried dyeing yarn with kool-aid. My story is here

http://vtwopoint5.blogspot.com/2007/...-kool-aid.html

If you look at some of the pictures, you can see little strips of white.
That's the cotton yarn I used to tie strands together and it just
didn't take any dye. BTW, the finished product is pictured here

http://vtwopoint5.blogspot.com/2007/...l-of-yarn.html

BB

Old May 30th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"BB" wrote in message
Anything you ask? How about this?

http://vtwopoint5.blogspot.com/2007/05/koolickle.html

Ewww.... I don't care for homemade pickles for the most part anyway, but
*red* ones?!? That would definitely turn me totally off them for good, I
think. LOL

Actually, I recently tried dyeing yarn with kool-aid. My story is here

http://vtwopoint5.blogspot.com/2007/...-kool-aid.html

If you look at some of the pictures, you can see little strips of white.
That's the cotton yarn I used to tie strands together and it just didn't
take any dye. BTW, the finished product is pictured here

http://vtwopoint5.blogspot.com/2007/...l-of-yarn.html

Oooh, now that looks pretty! )

I was wondering more on the lines of tie-dying a t-shirt though.

*hugs*
Gem

Old May 31st 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Not Likely wrote:
"BB" wrote in message

Anything you ask? How about this?

http://vtwopoint5.blogspot.com/2007/05/koolickle.html

Ewww.... I don't care for homemade pickles for the most part anyway, but
*red* ones?!? That would definitely turn me totally off them for good, I
think. LOL

Actually, I recently tried dyeing yarn with kool-aid. My story is here

http://vtwopoint5.blogspot.com/2007/...-kool-aid.html

If you look at some of the pictures, you can see little strips of white.
That's the cotton yarn I used to tie strands together and it just didn't
take any dye. BTW, the finished product is pictured here

http://vtwopoint5.blogspot.com/2007/...l-of-yarn.html

Oooh, now that looks pretty! )

I was wondering more on the lines of tie-dying a t-shirt though.

*hugs*
Gem

I think that if the cotton yarn didn't take the color, then a t-shirt
probably wouldn't take it well.

The pickles are weird, but not necessarily bad

BB

dyed pearls vgee Jewelry 6 March 13th 07 01:00 PM
I dyed yesterday Julia in MN Quilting 7 March 6th 07 03:29 PM
My tie dyed floss Cheryl Isaak Needlework 0 July 21st 05 10:15 PM
Have you use the over dyed threads wintersiren Needlework 8 June 2nd 05 02:05 AM
Dyed Beads EL Beads 2 July 17th 03 02:25 PM