Do I need to prime my new house?

Old July 17th 03, 08:23 AM
Steve B

Default Do I need to prime my new house?

Hi. I have just finished building a dolls house from a kit. It is to be a
present for my (adult) daughter.

What should I do about painting the walls? The whole thing is made of MDF
and I'm wondering if I should use a woodprimer all over before trying to
paint and then, what type of paint to use? I would imagine an emulsion paint
would give best results - is emulsion what is normally used?

TIA for any help,

Steve

Old July 17th 03, 04:40 PM
Dawn

Steve B wrote:

What should I do about painting the walls? The whole thing is made of MDF
and I'm wondering if I should use a woodprimer all over before trying to
paint and then, what type of paint to use? I would imagine an emulsion paint
would give best results - is emulsion what is normally used?

You're right on target. Use a primer on the surfaces to help seal and
protect them. Any water based house paint will work fine on the walls,
both inside and out. You can use the same thing you use on your real
house, no need for fancy 'dollhouse' paint.

Dawn

Old July 17th 03, 06:33 PM
Carol - S P Miniatures

I buy a quart of a good quality "regular" ceiling paint and that's what I
use for a primer. I use a foam brush to apply because although it spreads it
on thin and you have to do a couple of coats, it comes out very smooth.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

"Dawn" wrote in message
news
Steve B wrote:

What should I do about painting the walls? The whole thing is made of

MDF
and I'm wondering if I should use a woodprimer all over before trying to
paint and then, what type of paint to use? I would imagine an emulsion

paint
would give best results - is emulsion what is normally used?

You're right on target. Use a primer on the surfaces to help seal and
protect them. Any water based house paint will work fine on the walls,
both inside and out. You can use the same thing you use on your real
house, no need for fancy 'dollhouse' paint.

Dawn

Antique Wooden House Wooden House Indonesia Carving 0 January 6th 05 04:06 AM
Good vibes needed S. Burwash Beads 24 September 2nd 03 09:34 PM
Haunted House Update: OT Tink Beads 50 August 9th 03 04:53 PM