OTT light help?

Old July 28th 05, 12:40 AM
Chris_Strawn

Default OTT light help?

Hi,
I have an OTT light floor lamp... not currently working. The bulb (compact
curvy push in type, not long bulb) is not the problem. When the ON button
is pushed a brief flash of light happens but the bulb does not light. I
hold the button in for the required seconds but still nothing. Do you have
an idea of what needs attention to get the lamp to work? Signe

Old July 28th 05, 01:31 AM
fran

The ballast (the black box you plug into the wall) may be shot. If it
is an newer model, you can get a replacement, but with older one's
you'll have to buy a new light. I tried to find a electrician to look
at mine, or a small appliance repair shop, but the ballast OTT Light
uses is propritary.

Replacable ballasts are connected to the main cord by a 1" long plug
not much wider than the cord.

If you have one of those, call the company about replacements.

number of facets m4816k Jewelry 7 March 26th 05 09:59 PM
OT - How Many Dogs Does It Take to Change A Light Bulb? Bob and Kathleen Quilting 6 August 13th 04 10:32 PM
OT Humour: Changing a light bulb Rachel Janzen Needlework 5 June 18th 04 09:27 PM
OT Joke about newsgroups (Long) Elena Quilting 3 September 1st 03 02:45 PM