looking for knitting patterns

Old January 26th 07, 02:15 PM
jedi jedi is offline
Junior Member

Location: Belgium
Default looking for knitting patterns

hello,

My name is Els, i'm from belgium and i'm new here.
First of all ... i'n very sorry if my English is not so good!!! i dont use it very often.

I work at home taking care of children who's parents are going to work all day. At this moment i've got 9 children and two of my own.
I love to knit! At this moment i'm knitting a bear for all of my children. that is why i need your help. I was knitting the paterns by designer stitches (popcorn bears) but they've stopped there production. I've looked everywhere but i dont find the pakkets anymore.

So far i've got patterns for

popcorn butterscoth (and all simular bears in other colors)
knitted soufflé
Fudge the cat

But i'm still looking for

Pickles the hedgehog,
biscuit,
barly the mouse

Is there anyone who can help me? Scan the patterns and mail them to me? I can swap
patterns if you like. I also have al lot of patterns for cross stitching to swap for knitting patterns.

thank you very much
Old January 26th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

jedi wrote:

hello,

My name is Els, i'm from belgium and i'm new here.
First of all ... i'n very sorry if my English is not so good!!! i dont
use it very often.

I work at home taking care of children who's parents are going to work
all day. At this moment i've got 9 children and two of my own.
I love to knit! At this moment i'm knitting a bear for all of my
children. that is why i need your help. I was knitting the paterns by
designer stitches (popcorn bears) but they've stopped there
production. I've looked everywhere but i dont find the pakkets
anymore.

So far i've got patterns for

popcorn butterscoth (and all simular bears in other colors)
knitted souffli
Fudge the cat

But i'm still looking for

Pickles the hedgehog,
biscuit,
barly the mouse

Is there anyone who can help me? Scan the patterns and mail them to
me? I can swap
patterns if you like. I also have al lot of patterns for cross
stitching to swap for knitting patterns.

thank you very much

Hello Els, my name is Bernadette, I live in Scotland. I have managed to
find out that Designer Stitches has gone out of business and their
knitting patterns are rare but there are people advertising on various
forums to swap the knitting patterns they have for those that they want.

One person has knitted all the popcorn range except for "Fudge the Cat"
which she wants. She is advertising on the forum at
http://forum.johnsoncrafts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1061

If you contact her she may be able to help.

Good luck in your search.

Old January 30th 07, 03:51 PM
jedi jedi is offline
Junior Member

Location: Belgium

Hello Bernadette,

thanks for your suggestion. I've registered on the johnsoncrafts forum but i dont have acces yet. I can read everything but i can't reply or make a new tread on my own.

I hope to get it soon.

It's not very easy to find those patterns. I could not imagine it would be so difficult.

greetz,

Els
Old January 30th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

jedi wrote:

Hello Bernadette,

thanks for your suggestion. I've registered on the johnsoncrafts forum
but i dont have acces yet. I can read everything but i can't reply or
make a new tread on my own.

I hope to get it soon.

It's not very easy to find those patterns. I could not imagine it
would be so difficult.

greetz,

Els

There is one other link I found today which seems to be an Italian
company and they are advertising various Popcorn kits. It is at
http://www.casacenina.com/catalog/pr...26_655&product
s_id=28972

Best wishes
Bernadette

Old January 31st 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
B Vaughan

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:19:01 GMT, "Bernadette"
wrote:

There is one other link I found today which seems to be an Italian
company and they are advertising various Popcorn kits. It is at
http://www.casacenina.com/catalog/pr...26_655&product
s_id=28972

Your link was too long and got split in my browser. They also have an
English language page, and here is the link (passed through tinyurl):

http://tinyurl.com/29dhzl

--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.
Old January 31st 07, 12:44 PM
jedi jedi is offline
Junior Member

Location: Belgium

Thanks Bernadette

I really appreciate what you are doing for me.

The italian side only sells bears i've already got. And i'm still not activated to the Jonhson crafts forum. It does'nt look good for me :-)

greetings,

Els
Old January 31st 07, 07:44 PM
jedi jedi is offline
Junior Member

Location: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Vaughan
wrote:

There is one other link I found today which seems to be an Italian
company and they are advertising various Popcorn kits. It is at
http://www.casacenina.com/catalog/pr...26_655&product
s_id=28972

Your link was too long and got split in my browser. They also have an
English language page, and here is the link (passed through tinyurl):

http://tinyurl.com/29dhzl

--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.
Hi Barbara,

many thanks to you! It's better to understand in English than Italian! The only one i dont have of the ones they sell is Barley the mousse but someone here in Belgium promised me she would make a copy for me. So i'm still looking for Hedgehog and Biscuit and i didn't see them on the italian side.

Hope to find them!

bye

Els
Old January 31st 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

jedi wrote:

Thanks Bernadette

I really appreciate what you are doing for me.

The italian side only sells bears i've already got. And i'm still not
activated to the Jonhson crafts forum. It does'nt look good for me :-)

greetings,

Els

You're welcome. I think I may have found Biscuit the Dog as another
person is offering to exchange that pattern for some of those you have.
Check out http://snipurl.com/18x1w and I'll keep looking when I have a
few moments.

All the best
Bernadette

Old January 31st 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

jedi wrote:

Thanks Bernadette

I really appreciate what you are doing for me.

The italian side only sells bears i've already got. And i'm still not
activated to the Jonhson crafts forum. It does'nt look good for me :-)

greetings,

Els

I think we have struck lucky this evening, Els. I just found all three
of them on eBay. The link is http://snipurl.com/18x2t

Bernadette

Old February 1st 07, 02:02 PM
jedi jedi is offline
Junior Member

Location: Belgium
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
jedi wrote:

Thanks Bernadette

I really appreciate what you are doing for me.

The italian side only sells bears i've already got. And i'm still not
activated to the Jonhson crafts forum. It does'nt look good for me :-)

greetings,

Els

I think we have struck lucky this evening, Els. I just found all three
of them on eBay. The link is http://snipurl.com/18x2t

Bernadette

--
hi Bernadette,

Thank you verry much for all your help.

Is there anything I can help you with??? Give me a yell and i try to help you!!!

greetings

List of Free Patterns Lucille Yarn 4 August 22nd 05 12:41 PM
FS/giveaway: Crochet (mostly) books & patterns Joan Erickson Marketplace 2 October 9th 04 09:56 PM
Question regarding printed patterns Frosty772 Sewing 1 May 10th 04 09:35 PM
XS patterns for swap or sale Ruthie Marketplace 2 February 19th 04 10:49 PM
FA: 60s and 70s Patterns rick etter Marketplace 0 January 29th 04 06:37 AM