Thank you, Lucille!

Old September 23rd 04, 07:11 PM
Karen C - California

Default Thank you, Lucille!

I picked up several of the Carl Hiaasen books at the library and have been
ROFL. Sheesh, who laughs through a murder mystery?!

I'm glad you suggested these.

--
Finished 7/18/04 -- 6 bear ornaments
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old September 23rd 04, 08:18 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Have you tried Janet Evanovich yet! Yikes!

I tried a Janet Evanovich on tape, and couldn't bear to listen to it.
The deep New Jersey accent was off-putting. I'm a Jersey girl myself, so
I know well what it *should* sound like!

maybe I should just read-read them...

Sue
Old September 23rd 04, 08:32 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 9/23/04 3:18 PM, in article , "Susan
Hartman/Dirty Linen" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Have you tried Janet Evanovich yet! Yikes!

I tried a Janet Evanovich on tape, and couldn't bear to listen to it.
The deep New Jersey accent was off-putting. I'm a Jersey girl myself, so
I know well what it *should* sound like!

maybe I should just read-read them...

Sue

I CAN NOT listen to books on tape. Doesn't work for me.

I adore Gramma Mazur!

Cheryl

Old September 23rd 04, 08:44 PM
Bmciowa

I picked up several of the Carl Hiaasen books at the library and have been
ROFL. Sheesh, who laughs through a murder mystery?!

I'm glad you suggested these.

Have you tried Janet Evanovich yet! Yikes!

They both have laugh out loud moments in them, but are utterly different.
Doesn't mean I don't enjoy both of them though!

Sara
WIPS: Alpine Garden (Drawn Thread) Done!
Autumn (Indigo Rose)
Old September 23rd 04, 09:10 PM
Lucille

De Nada--I'm glad you enjoyed them. I think he's great. A bit irreverent
and in his case that's a good thing.

Lucille

Old September 23rd 04, 10:30 PM
Brenda

In general I can't either. I have listened to the Hitchhiker's Guide
set on tape but I know those books so well I was reciting along with all
the best bits (which is quite a lot). My FIL listens to books on tape
while commuting 80 miles each way each day so he goes through a lot of
them. I certainly can't listen to talking (except Cleveland Indians
play-by-play) while I'm driving or I'd be asleep at the wheel.

Here's a question for you: When you were a student did you find it
easier to learn from lectures or from reading textbooks (assume equal
quality)? Just wondering if there is any connection...

Old September 23rd 04, 11:31 PM
Jere Williams

Jim Dale, who reads the Harry Potter books on tape, is excellent. The only
time we listen to books on tape/cd is when we're travelling, and we listen
in the car -- my dh isn't what you'd call a conversationalist(he's in H.R.,
and talks all day, for him resting means not speaking).

He enjoyed the Evanovich books on cd.

The last trip we made, we listened the Blow Fly, one of Patricia Cornwell's
books. For me, it was just too gory to listen to, but he liked it.
--
Jere