OT - Catch that earned me about $300

Old July 20th 03, 11:57 AM
Sharon Harper

Default OT - Catch that earned me about $300

DH purchased a new cordless drill several weeks ago for the price of $299 or
thereabouts. He loves the thing. He was outside up a ladder today
installing some down lights and had the drill resting on the top rung of the
ladder while he pulled out a stubborn piece of plaster. What will happen to
an object if you shake the ladder it is placed on? That's right it will
fall. Luckily I happened to be standing there holding the ladder. I caught
the drill by the chuck with my thumb and forefinger of my previously broken
hand. After accepting congratulations from DH and his mate, I went inside
and had a quiet cry over the pain. Then I went and had a strong coffee and
thanked the heavens that the hole cutter part on the end of the drill (2
wickedly sharp saw points) had not been facing down when I caught it -
otherwise you could have put my hand on the barbie and called me a kebab!

On to your regularly scheduled programs......

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old July 20th 03, 12:44 PM
D&D

That sounds like it may be one of those black and yellow coloured ones.
DH has about 4 drills, cord and cordless. He has often told me that 'you
need the right tool for the right job. Soo.. what did I say when I told him
I needed a new rotary cutter and ruler.. 'I need the right tool for the
right job'

I went to change the blade on my rotary cutter yesterday and found that my
blade was cutting in to the nut that holds it all together. Thanks to who
ever it was that recently.

Dee in Oz

u...

Old July 20th 03, 03:08 PM
Kate Dicey

Sharon Harper wrote:

[...]

OUCH!!! But well caught! You deserve some chocolate for that one.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old July 20th 03, 04:21 PM
Jennifer Hepworth

Dee - the rotary screw disease seems to be spreading internationally now
- count three countries. I replaced mine on Friday and also bought a
new Fiskars two-tone mat for those tired eyes of mine - perfect solution
for cutting the blues/greens.
Jennifer in Ottawa

----------
Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting Date: Sun, Jul 20, 2003, 9:44pm
(EDT+14) From: (D&D)

Old July 20th 03, 05:30 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:57:08 +1000, "Sharon Harper"
wrote:

[...]

Sod the congratulations from DH and mate - why aren't they making
you a G&T while you rest, and then moving onto making you a nice
dinner in order to apologize for their momentarily lapse of brain use?

-- Jo in Scotland
Old July 20th 03, 05:43 PM
Butterfly

So now you get to tell us how you 'spent' that $300.00 that you saved .
ON YOURSELF I hope. You deserve it.
Cyberhugs and Butterfly Kisses
for a 'great save'
Butterfly

Old July 20th 03, 09:42 PM
jules

*eeek* *ouch* Not sure what to say because I am to busy cringing at the
thought of the pain. Hope you are feeling less pain now though Sharon.

--
Jules

Old July 20th 03, 11:28 PM
Polly Esther

File me with the group saying eek and ouch. Next time, please *do* stay
inside. Polly

LN (remove NOSPAM) wrote in message
Ouch! Gotta watch that instinct. I've Done similar things. One reason I
don't use curling irons anymore.

My hand hasn't recovered 100% from injuring it last Nov, so I know how you
feel. I hurt mine last night when I had to get up for my son in the night.
Ouch! (He was struggling with insomnia)

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

Old July 21st 03, 02:01 AM
Sharon Harper

Well there is a certain Needlework and Craft Show on this weekend.....

--
wrote in message

OT - Catch that earned me about $300

First Rule of helping with H's DIY projects, and one you need to
know, honey:
Stay inside, away from danger, with one finger on the 911 button.--or
the 119 button, since you're Down Under...
Remembering the last time H trimmed trees--he did indeed rig a safety
line, one end tied around his waist, the other dangling to the ground,
curled up on the grass.
Too big to catch, too dumb to last. After making ethnic jokes about
his safety gear, I went inside and did the above recommendation.
Watcha gonna buy with the $300.00 DH gives you? Need some help buying
fabric???
(Tell him you need the money to rub on your hurt hand.)
Cea
---
(Sharon Harper)