Old Girl Scout fabric

Old July 16th 03, 11:19 PM
Pati Cook

When I was a Senior Scout, there was a "fad" to put all the badges and other
insignia from our previous Scouting onto the "wheat" colored Levi jackets.
Still have mine there. We wore them a lot.

Pati, in Phx

Nana2B wrote:

Look at good will stores for old Girl Scout uniforms. I actually have my
badges and the sash in tact. Mine are from the 60's.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
Texas

Old July 17th 03, 05:37 AM
Shelly

You might want to try Goodwill, or any thrift stores. I think that's where
they all usually end up. Good luck in finding one! I think JC Penny and
Sears sells them. Not sure it's been quite a while since I had mine.
Shelly
"Mary Kay Mullen" wrote in message
I recently found my old girl scout badges from the late 40's and early
50's which my mother had saved for me. I would like to makea collage of
some sort with the badges and some of the green fabric that the uniforms
were made of at that time? Anyone have some that i could purchase? Or do
you know of any where that I could but some?

Mary Kay in So. Wisconsin

---

Old July 17th 03, 01:19 PM
Debbi

The fabric at JoAnn's is the current GS uniform fabrics, not the stuff from
way back when. Today the colors are bolder, and new colors added. Bet
checking at thrift stores, or ebay.

Debbi in SO CA

"zo" wrote in message
I know JoAnn's used to carry the fabric used for the girls' shirts.
It was within the last 2-3 years. I don't know if they still have it,
but try check otu them on line.

Old July 17th 03, 03:26 PM
CNYstitcher

Hey! I still have mine....all 2 sashes worth (yes, I was an
overachiever back when I was younger)..and they are still on teh
sashes!!! Do all former girl scouts keep their badges?? And speaking
of badges, did you know that most of the ones that we probably have no
longer exist?? I was a tropp leader for 2 years when I was overseas,
and i didn't recognise most of the ones the girls were working for.

Larisa, digressing as usual while destressing from visitors

Old July 17th 03, 03:27 PM
CNYstitcher

but this was the newer uniform fabric, not the older stuff that she is
looking for....do they still carry it??? I remember seeing some of it
in the clearance racks, as well as some of the 4-H fabrics...but not all
of them were there.

Old July 17th 03, 04:16 PM
Mary Kay Mullen

Thanks, Larisa. The article shown has the newer fabric. I am talking
about OLD style. We sewed the badges on the sleeves of the uniform and
then when you had to get a new uniform because you had grown, you started
all over again. But I will keep looking.

Mary Kay
Old July 17th 03, 04:23 PM
CNYstitcher

Mary Kay....there is one listed at the top of the page that has the
badges sewn on the sleeves....I think it mentions something about twin
girl scout uniforms or something......

Larisa

Old July 17th 03, 04:38 PM
Pati Cook

They changed the uniforms about 2 years ago. Went to different colors again.

Pati, in Phx who made her Senior Scout uniform many years ago.

Mullen) wrote:

I recently found my old girl scout badges from the late 40's and early
50's which my mother had saved for me. I would like to makea collage of
some sort with the badges and some of the green fabric that the uniforms
were made of at that time? Anyone have some that i could purchase? Or do
you know of any where that I could but some?

Mary Kay in So. Wisconsin

ISO: Girl Scout rubber stamps Debbie Hamann Rubberstamps 2 October 20th 03 06:20 PM
FABRICS on Bidville joan Marketplace 0 October 5th 03 05:52 PM
Tapestry frame or embroidery hoop Jill Spottiswoode Needlework 7 September 22nd 03 10:27 AM