OT Phone Damage ... Advice?

Old July 22nd 03, 09:01 PM
Pat in Virginia

Thank you to each who took the time to offer advice, and
sympathy!
Being no smarter than the proverbial dirt, the first thing I did
was to 'try it out!'
THEN I posted my plea and read that I should not do that. Oh
well.
We did follow some suggestions ... let it sit tilted on a towel,
with the battery out, overnight.
Then DH took it apart (he has more patience with those fiddly
things) and used a cardboard to fan it gently.
Let it sit all in pieces to dry thoroughly, then eventually put
it back together; it works!
Your help is appreciated .... PAT

Old July 22nd 03, 09:44 PM
JG

Hooray!!! Glad it works. Now you can use the money you saved by not having
to by a new phone to buy fabric. And since you said it was an *expensive*
phone... G
--
Ginger

Old July 22nd 03, 11:31 PM
Ruth in Happy Camp

Hurrah!
--
Ruth in Happy Camp

Old July 22nd 03, 11:35 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

Thank you to each who took the time to offer advice, and
sympathy!
Being no smarter than the proverbial dirt, the first thing I did
was to 'try it out!'
THEN I posted my plea and read that I should not do that. Oh
well.
We did follow some suggestions ... let it sit tilted on a towel,
with the battery out, overnight.
Then DH took it apart (he has more patience with those fiddly
things) and used a cardboard to fan it gently.
Let it sit all in pieces to dry thoroughly, then eventually put
it back together; it works!
Your help is appreciated .... PAT

Woohoo, Pat! I'm so glad it worked out for you!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster
Old July 23rd 03, 06:42 AM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

Hi Lesley and welcome! I'll let the others ask the usual questions and
I'll skip right to the important one..... are you a girl quilter or a
boy quilter? LOL

Leslie, a *girl* Leslie

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"