OT - Catch that earned me about $300

Old July 21st 03, 02:01 AM
Sharon Harper

We made it really easy - 000

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
Member of the Houston 2004 Party Animals
"Neeej" wrote in message
one finger on the 911 button.--or
the 119 button, since you're Down Under...

wouldn't that be 116?
-- Jean S

Old July 21st 03, 02:03 AM
Sharon Harper

I'll tell you next monday!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
Member of the Houston 2004 Party Animals
"Butterfly" wrote in message
So now you get to tell us how you 'spent' that $300.00 that you saved .
ON YOURSELF I hope. You deserve it.
Cyberhugs and Butterfly Kisses
for a 'great save'
Butterfly

Sharon Harper wrote:
DH purchased a new cordless drill several weeks ago for the price of

$299 or
thereabouts. He loves the thing. He was outside up a ladder today
installing some down lights and had the drill resting on the top rung of

the
ladder while he pulled out a stubborn piece of plaster. What will

happen to
an object if you shake the ladder it is placed on? That's right it will
fall. Luckily I happened to be standing there holding the ladder. I

caught
the drill by the chuck with my thumb and forefinger of my previously

broken
hand. After accepting congratulations from DH and his mate, I went

inside
and had a quiet cry over the pain. Then I went and had a strong coffee

and
thanked the heavens that the hole cutter part on the end of the drill (2
wickedly sharp saw points) had not been facing down when I caught it -
otherwise you could have put my hand on the barbie and called me a

kebab!

On to your regularly scheduled programs......

Old July 21st 03, 02:03 AM
Sharon Harper

Saving S.E.X. for Saturday!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
Member of the Houston 2004 Party Animals
"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article ,
"Sharon Harper" wrote:

[...]

Oh, Sharon! What luck that you didn't catch it the other way. I'm so
sorry that you hurt your injured hand, though -- you simply must go have
some S.E.X. to compensate and get your mind off of it all....
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster

Old July 21st 03, 02:04 AM
Sharon Harper

Yeeek - that'd hurt!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
Member of the Houston 2004 Party Animals
"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
Ouch! Gotta watch that instinct. I've Done similar things. One reason I
don't use curling irons anymore.

My hand hasn't recovered 100% from injuring it last Nov, so I know how you
feel. I hurt mine last night when I had to get up for my son in the night.
Ouch! (He was struggling with insomnia)

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

u...

Old July 21st 03, 02:04 AM
Sharon Harper

I normally do stay inside - just I can't bear to see him up a ladder because
(as is the rest of his family) he is very clumsy. So little old me has to
go out and hold the ladder.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
Member of the Houston 2004 Party Animals
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
File me with the group saying eek and ouch. Next time, please *do* stay
inside. Polly

Old July 21st 03, 05:42 AM
Butterfly

DD was at a CPR seminar this weekend. One thing that was brought up was
'dialing 911'
(To set the scene--these are all pilots/EMT's/firefighters )

teacher says ' dial 9 11 '

DD whips out her cell phone and says--"there's NO 11 "

Butterfly (now just how many of you read that as 1 1 ? she did NOT say
1 1 she said 11
Teacher did say: someone IS paying attention here; it's the details that
MAY save a life )

Sharon Harper wrote:
We made it really easy - 000

Old July 21st 03, 06:30 AM
Laurie G.

IMO - 911 is 9-1-1 and 9 11 is the date. I think your DD was correct!
Good for her!

Laurie G.

Butterfly wrote:
DD was at a CPR seminar this weekend. One thing that was brought up was
'dialing 911'
(To set the scene--these are all pilots/EMT's/firefighters )

teacher says ' dial 9 11 '

DD whips out her cell phone and says--"there's NO 11 "

Butterfly (now just how many of you read that as 1 1 ? she did NOT say
1 1 she said 11
Teacher did say: someone IS paying attention here; it's the details that
MAY save a life )

Sharon Harper wrote:

We made it really easy - 000

Old July 22nd 03, 04:20 AM
nzl*

we dial 111 here.
jeanne*
--
RCTQ Houston 2004 Party Animals
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail....

"Sharon Harper" wrote ...
| We made it really easy - 000
| --
| Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
| http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
| Member of the Houston 2004 Party Animals

| "Neeej" wrote...
| one finger on the 911 button.--or
| the 119 button, since you're Down Under...
| wouldn't that be 116?
| -- Jean S

---

Old July 23rd 03, 04:33 AM
BVJ

My DH had just gotten a battery powered screwdriver and was telling my Mom
about his portable screw driver. She got this twinkle in her eye and said " I
thought all screwdrivers were portable" All 3 of us were in tears laughing.

Cheers, Faye in CO