hits counter question: ot to beads i guess... :)

Old July 21st 03, 02:56 AM
alia

Default hits counter question: ot to beads i guess... :)

on ebay they have those anandale counters... i am wondering, do my
hits count on there?? or does it count ip address hits.... ?? how
does it work exactly?

alia

thanks!!
Old July 21st 03, 07:23 PM
Kandice Seeber

Alia -
When you look at an eBay auction that uses the andale hit counter, it counts
your hit to the page. I believe it only counts your hit once per day - as a
unique hit. I am not sure if they use IP addresses or cookies to count the
hits. Hope this helps!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
om...

Old July 21st 03, 11:28 PM
Christina Peterson

Alia, I think your price is reasonable! But I don't have the experience to
advise how to sell it better.

Tina

"alia" wrote in message
om...
thank you, yes it does kandice, do u think my bracelet is too
expensive? is that why it is not selling? i dont know what to do...
i cant imagine selling it for much less than that..... but this is
the second posting and no one has bought it.... what do you think is
a reasonable price for it?

alia

Old July 22nd 03, 01:05 AM
Dr. Sooz

From another thread right now:

"1) Right now seems to be a bad time to be selling non-necessary,
subjective-purchase items. I was at a craft fair about a month ago and didn't
make much. Other sellers of other types of items all reported this was the
worst year since they've started.

2) Everyone in the world seems to be selling jewelry now. When I applied to
fairs last year (my first year) and this year, I was told by many that they
"already had to many jewelry sellers", OR I showed up and there were a tun of
other people selling jewelry. I am trying to keep my stuff unique which I hope
helps, but people still are only going to buy so much jewelry. Online I think
is even worse; with any online buisness you have to get people to your site and
I think there are a MILLION websites out there with people selling hand-made
jewelry. I am currently working on my site, too, btw! . But I'm guessing
that it's main purpose will be for people who have met me at fairs or elsewhere
to make repeat orders."
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Old July 22nd 03, 04:25 AM
alia

ok, thanks to both of you. i have added some pics, check it out

alia
Old July 22nd 03, 06:10 AM
Dr. Sooz

Holy crap!! That is so dang gorgeous -- I so wish I had the money!! Alia,
you're just mean. :-(..... ~crying~

And one thing to remember -- your bracelet may have tempted someone to bid, but
maybe they have an extra-huge or extra-small wrist, and it doesn't fit them.
Don't forget that little detail.

~~
Sooz
-------

Old July 22nd 03, 11:38 AM
Quest Glass Studio

Hi Alia!

I don't know how long you've been listing items on ebay, so this
thought may or may not be helpful - but if you're new to listing
work on ebay there is (IMHO) a hefty bit of time that every new(er)
seller invests in selling little while building a client base...
and the more saturated the category the more dedication it requires!
(so don't get discouraged!) DO make it a personal quest to ADVERTISE
your auctions with every breath, put a link line in all your postings
(unless it's prohibited by convention where you are writing of course)
Many of us here will tell you that it's a process of 'shameless self
promotion' (lol!) combined with a GREAT deal of patience that builds
a decent selling/client base. Lots of drop to the floor in awe pieces
of work go un-bid-upon for ages as people are inclinded to look LONG
and often before buying (human nature I guess). Think how many times
you've heard people say 'you know, I got home and thinking about
(fill in the blank) I saw and was sorry I'd not bought it! and/or
went back for it!

It's all further complicated right now by economy, oversaturation of
jewelry, increase of small business competition overall, people thinking
of vacation (saving/spending for that) school around the corner (saving
$$ for kids clothes etc). All factors that effect sales/bids/sanity
in general!

So....avertise advertise advertise! In postings (where and as allowed
such as in your sig line) wear your work everywhere, make up brochures
that can be passed out to 'real people' (LOL!) that has the url
for your auctions (cross pollination of markets) and hand em out!

Last (but not least!) even once you build a client base and begin to
sell you'll find (and there will be numerous cries of 'gawd yes!' to
this one by lots of the gang here!) is that fact that SOME times for
NO apparent reason At all WHAT SO EVER things that sold won't sell,
buyers that bid seem to fall off the face of the earth, and you just
sit, watching wondering what the He** is going on!? Pieces/work that
are MORE expensive than yours will sell, pieces you feel sure are not
as well crafted or clever as yours will sell, items with less parts or
total number of pieces in the offering will sell (ie you have earrings
necklace bracelet, free gift, free shipping, promise to come and clean
their house! lol) for a great price - and it gets no bids - while
one pair of earrings by another seller will have a bidding war for
10 times what your WHOLE SET of pieces (and house cleaning! lol!)
are listed for - getting NO BIDS! I tell you, it could drive you to
drink! ROFLMAO! BUT just keep repeating to yourself (kind of a mantra)
'selling ain't for the faint hearted, selling AIN'T for the faint hearted!
Sales comes with time, dedication, and junk yard dog persistence! It begins
to explain why those of us who've been in biz for years will say
'you HAVE to LOVE what you do' (because otherwise it would truly
honestly drive you out of your mind!)

Hang in there (and remember SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION!!!!!) :-0

HTH!
Faith
Old July 22nd 03, 04:16 PM
bluemaxx

I'm going to print this out and make myself read it every day...
hopefully, it will get me off my lazy buttocks and out to more shops
with boxes of my lovelies for them to scarf up. )))))))))))
--
Linda

"Quest Glass Studio" wrote in
message m...