Fires in Calif.

Old October 24th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Fires in Calif.

Hi Everyone,

I do hope and pray that all the folks on here that live in Calif. are
safe and sound and not even near the terrible fires.

Hugs,

Nora

Old October 25th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Nora wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I do hope and pray that all the folks on here that live in Calif. are
safe and sound and not even near the terrible fires.

Hi Nora!!!

I'm not anywhere near the Santiago fire, as that's in a rural part of OC
and not the concrete jungle that is my part of Anaheim. My
brother-in-law had to evacuate from his house in Poway, though.
Fortunately, the winds have stopped so firefighters can get these
monsters under control.

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Old October 25th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Everyone,

I do hope and pray that all the folks on here that live in Calif. are
safe and sound and not even near the terrible fires.

Hugs,
Nora

I was thinking the same thing, Nora! We've been watching on the news...
what a horror story those fires are producing. Everyone and their animals
(wild animals included) who live there are in my thoughts and prayers.

One of the news reports mentioned seeing a bear running down the highway.
Apparently that's the first time any of them ever saw a bear come out of the
woods to run from fires before. Poor animals... they have to be terrified
too.

*hugs*
Gemini

Old October 25th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura[_2_]

On Oct 24, 8:19 am, wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I do hope and pray that all the folks on here that live in Calif. are
safe and sound and not even near the terrible fires.

Hugs,

Nora

Thank you for your prayers, Nora. I live on the Circle T Ranch on
Willow Rd, Lakeside. We've had some shaky days here. We are
currently under mandatory evacuation since Monday but have refused to
leave. We have at least sixteen horses here and no means of
evacuating them. We've been watching the fires closely, hoping that
they would miss us completely. News about the fires in regard to us
is hard to find. At this point, all we can do is wait and hope that
the evacuation order will be lifted soon. At least, we can now come
and go without fear of being kept away from home and the horses.

Thank you,
Laura

Old October 25th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you. What a nightmare! I
hope that now with the winds dying down and the sea air coming in that
it will be easier for the firefighters to get control of these monster
infernos. Best wishes go out to all.
Marie and the cats

Old October 25th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Thank you for your prayers, Nora. I live on the Circle T Ranch on
Willow Rd, Lakeside. We've had some shaky days here. We are
currently under mandatory evacuation since Monday but have refused to
leave. We have at least sixteen horses here and no means of
evacuating them. We've been watching the fires closely, hoping that
they would miss us completely. News about the fires in regard to us
is hard to find. At this point, all we can do is wait and hope that
the evacuation order will be lifted soon. At least, we can now come
and go without fear of being kept away from home and the horses.

Thank you,
Laura

Oh dear.... please keep us updated when you have time.

Shelagh

Old October 26th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura[_2_]

At least I have my knitting and crochet to keep me busy.

Right now, it's just a waiting game. There is simply no telling when
they will lift the evac area for our area and let us get back to our
lives.

I will keep you informed.

Laura

Old October 26th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Laura wrote:

Right now, it's just a waiting game. There is simply no telling when
they will lift the evac area for our area and let us get back to our
lives.

I would think that sitting and waiting would be harder than anything else.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old October 26th 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
Laura wrote:

Right now, it's just a waiting game. There is simply no telling when
they will lift the evac area for our area and let us get back to our
lives.

I would think that sitting and waiting would be harder than anything else.

It is. I speak from experience. Even though we knew our house had not
been flooded by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers levee breaks, we still
didn't know what we would find and we were NOT happy away from home for
six weeks before the mayor opened the city again. Moreover, after a
major disaster, life is NEVER the same in that area.

Lots of hugs to all those in SoCal

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old October 26th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura[_2_]

I have good news. The evac order has lifted for our area. Things are
starting to get back to normal. Boarders are coming back. Did I
mention that I live at and work for a horse boarding stable? Things
are looking up. Now, if only we could get some more trail rides going
and some more students for me to teach. I teach horse back riding and
lead trail rides.

Laura

Road to Calif. Idahoqltr Quilting 4 January 19th 07 07:58 PM
Road to Calif. Idahoqltr Quilting 11 January 29th 06 08:11 PM
Our Calif. friends. . . The YarnWright Yarn 4 January 4th 06 09:06 AM
[OT] Earthquake in Calif melinda Beads 11 December 24th 03 05:43 AM