OT - Crazy Weather

Old April 7th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default OT - Crazy Weather

I just had to say something. Popped into the office (which doesn't have
it's blinds up yet), lo & behold - it's snowing. Honestly - maybe we should
move to New England after DH can leave the current employment with his
pension! Supposedly the flurries today will become snow that sticks
tomorrow - only an inch or so, but still.

Weird. I understood this when I lived in Pittsburgh - then as soon as I
took the snow tires off it would have a real snow (April 17th - my first
year there).

Well, I guess it's kind of appropriate - we're going to the last CAPS game
of the season, so it's hockey weather. DH got to ref the CAPS alum game
last night, and of course go out with the boys after so he's really having a
hockey weekend for April. They actually had flown in alums from Toronto,
and further parts - lots of fun for the guys, DH & our pal who was the other
ref. And of course, for no reason, he threw out the center at one of the
first face-offs - our friend who is the color announcer for the CAPS.
Consequently, said friend "checked" his shinpads at the next face-off
opportunity. All in good fun.

ellice

Old April 7th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Apr 7, 9:49 am, ellice wrote:
[...]

I was just talking to my MIL in NH and she said she sent us the snow.
Thanks, Moms!
It's my favorite time of year - schizophrenic weather and the hockey
and baseball seasons overlap.

Donna in Virginia

Old April 7th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 4/7/07 10:30 AM, "Donna" wrote:

On Apr 7, 9:49 am, ellice wrote:
[...]

LOL - there is that. Makes me feel right at home with that confusion of
personality.

ellice

Old April 7th 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

ellice ) writes:
On 4/7/07 10:30 AM, "Donna" wrote:

On Apr 7, 9:49 am, ellice wrote:
[...]

No-one has stated the obvious. Crazy weather is *always* caused by
anthropogenic global warming. (Ducking and running).

Old April 8th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

F.James Cripwell wrote:

No-one has stated the obvious. Crazy weather is *always* caused by
anthropogenic global warming. (Ducking and running).

You mean Global Warming is why so many games have been Snowed Out this
week? I would've thought they'd be called on account of flood from the
rising sea levels.

--

Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 1/26/07 -- Classy Lady in Coral (JCS) -- done in purple to
match the companion piece

WIP: housewarming gift, July birthstone, Flowers of
Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Editor/Proofreader www.KarenMCampbell.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Old April 8th 07, 12:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 4/7/07 10:30 AM, in article
, "Donna"
wrote:

On Apr 7, 9:49 am, ellice wrote:
[...]

Why this thread just appeared is known only to the gods of the net....

But, we got pounded in NH - about 8 inches of wet heavy slushy snow. Lots
and lots of downed limbs and power lines. (we lost 3 6" diameter branches
from the big pine in the front yard)

Hockey season is winding down in our house. DS has playoffs next weekend and
DD's season was over a week ago. She starts a skills camp on Wednesday with
new skates as she had gone up over a skate size from the old ones.

Old April 8th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

Karen C - California ) writes:
F.James Cripwell wrote:

No-one has stated the obvious. Crazy weather is *always* caused by
anthropogenic global warming. (Ducking and running).

You mean Global Warming is why so many games have been Snowed Out this
week? I would've thought they'd be called on account of flood from the
rising sea levels.

--

Karen C - California

You know me, Karen!!! I am just p****ed off with all the news about
global warming and how much damage it is going to do in the future. You
cannot watch any news channel without some item about what the IPCC is
saying in it's latest reports. The trouble is that the IPCC science is
fundamentally flawed. But they have been very cagey. They publish all
the scary results first, but they dont publish the science until next
month. So they have a free run for their dire predictions, and we as
scientists, cannot refute their arguments, yet. We have to wait until next
month. Maybe, just maybe, (but I am not holding my breath) we knock out
the kingpin of the IPCC arguments that claim that anthropogenic global
warming is real.
Old April 8th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavia Beaulieu

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak ,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with

Why this thread just appeared is known only to the gods of the net....

But, we got pounded in NH - about 8 inches of wet heavy slushy snow. Lots
and lots of downed limbs and power lines. (we lost 3 6" diameter branches
from the big pine in the front yard)

Hockey season is winding down in our house. DS has playoffs next weekend
and
DD's season was over a week ago. She starts a skills camp on Wednesday
with
new skates as she had gone up over a skate size from the old ones.

You could have kept it there, but no, you passed it on! It's quite a
lovely fall here, about 8/10 inches and it is just sitting on the
trees (I know, doing more damage) but it does look pretty as snow
falls go.

Not hard to tell you no longer have to shovel it, Sheena! It does look
pretty but is very heavy to move. DH said it was the most snow he had to
clear so far this year.

I think I saw some sleigh trails as well as rabbit tracks this morning.....I
think the Easter Bunny must have called on Santa for some help!

Mavia

Old April 9th 07, 01:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 4/8/07 7:52 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 4/7/07 10:30 AM, in article
, "Donna"
wrote:

On Apr 7, 9:49 am, ellice wrote:
[...]

But you live in NE - that's supposed to happen.

Hockey season is winding down in our house. DS has playoffs next weekend and
DD's season was over a week ago. She starts a skills camp on Wednesday with
new skates as she had gone up over a skate size from the old ones.

On the kinda' hockey side. DC - full of tourists this weekend, we're
driving downtown on Sat for the last CAPS game of season - and we drive
through the tidal basin area. Poor tourists - so many looking miserable -
bundled up and the indignity of the cherry blossoms having been blown away.
And in the afternoon - evidently and enormous line around the National
Archives for whatever the current exhibit is - plus the normal stuff. Just
really full of tourists - and we kind of felt bad as this is usually a
gorgeous weekend and it wasn't. Then I don't want to talk about the
thousands of very drunk Buffalonians that came down on party buses for the
game. Yuck. We just call them speed bumps as they're weaving around the
streets.

Well, got to run -
ellice

Old April 9th 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

On Apr 7, 9:49 am, ellice wrote:
[...]

And it could snow again on Thursday this week! moan. Wonder if it will be
another snow day....

[...]

Hey - they're from Buffalo and really wanted a taste of spring. It won't be
spring there until July.

Oh, the Weather outside teleflora Quilting 25 December 3rd 06 05:19 PM
OT - Weather MRH Yarn 7 January 18th 06 05:34 PM
OT -- I've HAD IT with the weather the black rose Quilting 31 July 4th 04 03:29 AM
A little under the weather, no FQs please :) Elena Quilting 9 August 22nd 03 01:43 PM