Regina 1952 Seamstress machine

Old November 16th 15, 01:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Bill Martin

Default Regina 1952 Seamstress machine

Anyone have info on this machine? My wife had this stored in the garage
for years...inside the box is very clean, carrying box is rough on the
outside. Wanting to know if this has enough value to pack it up & send
to my wifes surviving daughter. It is heavy.

TIA
Old November 16th 15, 09:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design[_3_]

Bill Martin wrote:
Anyone have info on this machine? My wife had this stored in
the garage for years...inside the box is very clean, carrying
box is rough on the outside. Wanting to know if this has
enough value to pack it up & send to my wifes surviving
daughter. It is heavy.
TIA

Since no expert has waded in, I'll offer my off-the-cuff opinion. A
google search turned up a similar machine offered at a Goodwill
store three years ago for U.S. $30.00.
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...e-9637379.html

The auction ended, it does not indicate whether the machine sold or
not.

None show up in an eBay search, and I don't find any collectors
groups pining for that machine.

Having been stored "for years" in a garage (without proper
maintenance and lubrication?) does not bode well for the condition
of the machine. Unless it has high sentimental value to your wife's
daughter, I doubt it is worth the cost of shipping.

--
Beverly
http://www.ickes.us

Old November 17th 15, 01:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Bill Martin

On 11/16/2015 12:52 PM, BEI Design wrote:
Bill Martin wrote:
[...]

Thank you, I had the same thought about it. No Ebay presence says either
"very rare" or "nobody cares". I don't think it was ever an expensive
machine...at any age. Maybe good for a donation.

Old November 17th 15, 09:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design[_3_]

Bill Martin wrote:
[...]

If your daughter loves it, it would probably be worth shipping, one
cannot put a price on memories.

Good luck,

--
Beverly
http://www.ickes.us

seamstress 1320F Richard Hathaway Sewing 7 November 14th 06 07:56 PM
seamstress contractor wants some work dreamcreations Sewing 4 February 13th 06 12:29 PM
seamstress contractor wants some work dreamcreations Sewing 0 February 12th 06 02:20 PM
THE SEAMSTRESS SNIGDIBBLY Quilting 3 April 5th 05 11:45 AM
Still looking for an able seamstress Joerg Estelmann Sewing 1 June 6th 04 04:11 PM