Merry Xmas Happy New Year - Not totally OT

Old January 3rd 09, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heather in WestOz

Default Merry Xmas Happy New Year - Not totally OT

Hi, its been a while since I posted, although I try to catch up with the
group when I can.
I hope you all had a great holiday season. Mine was fairly quiet but enjoyed
all the more for that.

2008 was a mixed year. My brother was diagnosed with throat cancer, but got
through all the treatment pretty well and is back at work now. I had 4
months off work to look after him, but managed to get promoted from an
Acting Level 4 to a permanent L4. I also got 3 quilts made - one for me that
I didn't like which became a Hug for my SIL, one in satin for my daughter,
and the third is a wedding present for another SIL.

I lost my QI last January. He was a 17 year old Siamese and it was his time
but it has taken a while to get to the point where I feel its OK to have
another one. So today I am going to meet a young lady cat who has been at my
local vet's for a month or so waiting to find a new home. I'm a bit nervous
about it but I do miss having my quilts inspected.

And, today I begin the quilting on the wedding present. It's a QS with
panels of multicoloured dresden plate on a white background set on point,
alternating with plain white panels and royal blue sashing in between. The
border is strips of the same materials used in the dresden plate. I will
post pics when I am done - hopefully in a week or so cos the wedding is on
17th. So I need a QI to put the seal of approval on it.

Hugs and Rainbows to all who need them - QI's included.

Heather in West Oz

Old January 3rd 09, 02:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

Hi, Heather, welcome back. Hope your 2009 is better than 08.

visit often...there's always an open chair at the frame here.

amy in CNY
Old January 3rd 09, 11:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heather in WestOz

Thanks Amy, I am usually here in spirit even if I don't post much.

Heather in West Oz