Camper/ RV/ Cross-stitch chart or kit?

Old July 22nd 03, 04:15 PM
Debra

Default Camper/ RV/ Cross-stitch chart or kit?

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:03:44 GMT, "aeromom"
wrote:

Thanks to everyone for your replies to my request for information about a
camper/RV chart/ kit. It is amazing to me that there aren't a bunch of them
available. There are millions of campers in the US alone. Seems like that
would be incentive enough for designers to do a few.
Thanks for the leads.
aeromom

I think I can guess the reason for the lack of kits available. There
are a lot of campers and RVers. However, there are also a zillion
styles and colors of tents, pop-ups, and RVs so any designs someone
produces will only sell to those few who have that style and color
camping equipment. I tent camp, but I wouldn't stitch a dome tent of
any type (yes there are several) because mine is a large cabin tent.
A nifty way to solve the problem of too many possible designs would be
to design around something other than the tent, camper, or RV. One
regular "Home Sweet Home" that I like doesn't have a house on it, it
has a really big fireplace/hearth. A great selling camping oriented
"Home Sweet Home" could use a campfire symbolizing the "hearth and
home" idea and the stitcher could then pick from pre charted words
(tent, camper, pop-up, RV, camp, campground) whichever way he/she
wants to word the "Home Sweet ___". Several sizes of designs could be
made by adding on the theme. The patterns could be simple and small
or very large and detailed. Other things that could be added to the
design would be a small stack of fire wood, a picnic table, stream or
lake, and trees.

Gee, I kinda hope somebody reads this and designs some nice patterns.
I would do it myself, but I don't get much time to stitch and
designing would cut into that little bit of stitching time I do have.
Not to mention that I'd rather my hobby didn't turn into my work, that
would take all the fun out of stitching.
Debra in VA