OFF TOPIC - for the music lovers and the "awww how sweet " crowd

Old November 5th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default OFF TOPIC - for the music lovers and the "awww how sweet " crowd

start at the beginning - DS now has an electric guitar. His sole
accomplishment so far is to play the opening bars of "Smoke on the Water"
(Deep Purple) and the odd riff that is not totally discordant. (I think he's
trying for discordant BTW.)

This AM - he's playing that over and over. DH gets out his guitar (a Martin)
and starts trying to echo DS. DD receives permission to use the "cheap"
guitar ("student guitar"). DS show her which frets to hit the E string in
order and next thing you know the three of them are playing it VERY VERY
SLOWLY.......

DD is now trying to work on her speed - the guitar is only slightly smaller
than her.

Cheryl

Old November 5th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
start at the beginning - DS now has an electric guitar. His sole
accomplishment so far is to play the opening bars of "Smoke on the Water"
(Deep Purple) and the odd riff that is not totally discordant. (I think
he's
trying for discordant BTW.)

This AM - he's playing that over and over. DH gets out his guitar (a
Martin)
and starts trying to echo DS. DD receives permission to use the "cheap"
guitar ("student guitar"). DS show her which frets to hit the E string
in
order and next thing you know the three of them are playing it VERY VERY
SLOWLY.......

DD is now trying to work on her speed - the guitar is only slightly
smaller
than her.

Cheryl

That sounds great. Now how about you?

Old November 6th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
BonnieBlue

When my DH was taking guitar lessons last year I heard "Smoke on the Water"
a lot. He eventually progressed to LaGrange by ZZ Top.

He finally gave it up...too much wrist and finger pain at age 49 and dealing
with his father's health issues the first part of this year conflicted with
the lessons. It really is too bad because I know it helped him de-stress
from his job in the evening when he practiced.

Old November 6th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

You have no idea how much this cheers me! I have wanted to pick the
guitar back up for years but never quite had the courage. I just
recently bought a Fender Accoustic (coolest thing, though, it has the
electric guitar .. head?) and plan to start relearning as soon as I get
the living room rearranged to accomodate it (means moving piles
around). I just turned 49, so it's encouraging to me to hear of other
beginner's or late bloomers. I took lessons for several years in the
preteen era, but had major difficulty with the particular guitar I had
and having short, fat fingers. I had/have an old classical guitar with
a really wide, fat neck. I couldn't manage chords for the life of me. I
had mentioned this to my guitar collecting manager and well... wouldn't
ya know.. he pulls this Fender out and says try this... I can finger
the neck without having to be a contortionist! And it sounds soooo
good.... (when HE plays, anyway... LOL)
Tegan

Old November 6th 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

That's too bad! I know DH enjoys it when he plays, but the only thing he
knows is Blackbird (The Beatles).

I was dreaming Deep Purple all night

Old November 6th 06, 01:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 11/5/06 1:17 PM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

start at the beginning - DS now has an electric guitar. His sole
accomplishment so far is to play the opening bars of "Smoke on the Water"
(Deep Purple) and the odd riff that is not totally discordant. (I think he's
trying for discordant BTW.)

This AM - he's playing that over and over. DH gets out his guitar (a Martin)
and starts trying to echo DS. DD receives permission to use the "cheap"
guitar ("student guitar"). DS show her which frets to hit the E string in
order and next thing you know the three of them are playing it VERY VERY
SLOWLY.......

DD is now trying to work on her speed - the guitar is only slightly smaller
than her.

Cheryl

I hope that you really like Deep Purple ;^) Y'know - they might have a
future as the skating, rockin', version of the Von Trapps....

Just don't let them do Stairway to Heaven. And now - they're going to have
to watch Wayne's World - over and over and over.

Sounds like fun. At least music lessons are in a warm place.

ellice

Old November 6th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/6/06 8:03 AM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

[...]

The next wave of hockey rock!

Just don't let them do Stairway to Heaven. And now - they're going to have
to watch Wayne's World - over and over and over.

NOOOOOOOOO

Sounds like fun. At least music lessons are in a warm place.

Yah! my living room!

Old November 6th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Go for it!

And I've just been given a great idea for DS, DD and DH - Guitar Hero for
PS2

On 11/5/06 11:03 PM, in article
, "

Old November 6th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Try that again

http://www.guitarherogame.com/

Cheryl