Tink's new torso

Old August 9th 04, 07:54 PM
Tinkster

Default Tink's new torso

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:31:09 -0800, "Christina Peterson"
wrote:

My new one is up if you'd like to take a look...

http://snipurl.com/8bjd

Tink

This is absolutely wonderful. I gave it a new post because I don't want
anyone to miss it, buried in a thread.

Wow! Thanks, Tina!!!!! I'm pretty darn pleased with this one. Lots of
room for improvement, of course, but my goal is "pleasing" not
"perfect". OMG. I guess the Penland magic really DOES work! Process
over product... Let the glass flow...

I have a small collection of these torso grrls now: Six, to be exact.
It was kind of cool lining them up chronologically and seeing how I
progressed.

Tink
Old August 9th 04, 10:21 PM
Stephanie

Wow! Thanks, Tina!!!!! I'm pretty darn pleased with this one. Lots of
room for improvement, of course, but my goal is "pleasing" not
"perfect". OMG. I guess the Penland magic really DOES work! Process
over product... Let the glass flow...

I have a small collection of these torso grrls now: Six, to be exact.
It was kind of cool lining them up chronologically and seeing how I
progressed.

Tink

I think it would be cool to see the chronological progress in one picture. I am
loving seeing each one as you make it, seeing the evolution, your process.
Sometimes it feels like everyone is just perfect at the getgo...but then I run
to the insecure...

Stephanie
Old August 9th 04, 11:59 PM
starlia

The one thing that I love more than the rest is her tushy. It's just so
perfect. Makes me think of the song, "Baby Got Back." Oh yeah baby.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old August 10th 04, 02:14 AM
Margie

wrote:

My new one is up if you'd like to take a look...

http://snipurl.com/8bjd

OMG, Tink! Your art just floors me.

--
Margie
http://www.picturetrail.com/margiek

Old August 10th 04, 05:46 AM
Tinkster

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:09:04 -0700, "Armand Vine"
wrote:

Absotutely incredible.
What is her height, just for an idea of size.
Kerry,DW(the artist in the family), thinks she is wonderful also.
I sent the URL of the last one to a new lampworker friend and he was totally
blown away.
I still think it is miraculous that anyone can do this with glass.
Please keep us posted with each new creation.
Armand

She's just over 2". I am fascinated with glass sculpture, and will
continue to work on it. So far, I have watched/learned from Robbin
Mickelsen, Loren Stump and Shane Fero. In a few weeks, I'll get to
observe Milon Townsend and Robbin again. What a year! Anyway, they all
make it look SO easy. 99% of the time, I feel like I should be a LOT
better at this than I am, but the other 1% of the time, I'm fairly
pleased with my progress.

I love the process, and wish I were independently wealthy so I could
just play all the time. LOL!

Thanks for the kind words.

Tinkster
Old August 10th 04, 09:47 AM
Charlie

I love it, and I want one to go with the other people sculptures we've got,
but can I constructively criticize? I think the bums too big! I know some
people love it, but it's all down to individual taste! I really want one
though, are you planning on making them to sell? I'd love one in another
colour!

Charlie.

wrote:

My new one is up if you'd like to take a look...

http://snipurl.com/8bjd

Tink

This is absolutely wonderful. I gave it a new post because I don't want
anyone to miss it, buried in a thread.

Wow! Thanks, Tina!!!!! I'm pretty darn pleased with this one. Lots of
room for improvement, of course, but my goal is "pleasing" not
"perfect". OMG. I guess the Penland magic really DOES work! Process
over product... Let the glass flow...

I have a small collection of these torso grrls now: Six, to be exact.
It was kind of cool lining them up chronologically and seeing how I
progressed.

Tink

---

Old August 10th 04, 12:57 PM
Beadbimbo

Tink,

I think you did great!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
My new one is up if you'd like to take a look...

http://snipurl.com/8bjd

Tink

This is absolutely wonderful. I gave it a new post because I don't want
anyone to miss it, buried in a thread.

Tina

Old August 10th 04, 03:20 PM
Tinkster

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:47:29 +0100, "Charlie"
wrote:

I love it, and I want one to go with the other people sculptures we've got,
but can I constructively criticize? I think the bums too big! I know some
people love it, but it's all down to individual taste! I really want one
though, are you planning on making them to sell? I'd love one in another
colour!

Howdy!

I'm sure at some point I'll offer them for sale. Right now, however,
they would be ungodly expensive because of the time it takes me to do
them.

Tink
Old August 10th 04, 03:20 PM
Stephanie

She's just over 2"

OMG, I didn't realize how small she is! She is even more incredible than I
first thought. Well accually your talent is!

Stephanie
Old August 11th 04, 08:36 AM
starlia

I'm technically white but I got back to match hers. LOL

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
Hey, she's not white... she's just frosted that way!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Carla wrote:
Oh good, I'm not the only one who noticed I think the torso is an
absolutely lovely piece, but a little politically incorrect voice in my
head sez "that's a big ol' butt for a white chick" g.

Cheers,
Carla

Female Torso: Progress Report Amber Beads 68 August 16th 04 07:49 AM
Tink's beads Alison Beads 5 February 22nd 04 06:06 AM
Tinks Boro Set starlia Beads 3 January 28th 04 05:21 AM
Tink's Florida Gathering: Info Tink Beads 0 October 16th 03 04:53 PM
Tink's Amazing Day (Was Microscope Slide Pendants - huh?) Dr. Sooz Beads 1 August 11th 03 07:10 PM