Stitcher's World and Travellers Tales

Old February 6th 04, 02:34 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default Stitcher's World and Travellers Tales

I picked up the latest issue of Stitcher's World yesterday. I have fallen
head over heels in love with the Travellers Tales pieces. I am absolutely
blown away and in total lust for every piece shown. The chart in the
magazine looks easy to follow and I love the explanations of various motifs.

I've fired off a note looking for US shops.

---

How do people feel about the change in command at the magazine? I have mixed
feelings - I'd prefer to not have a "shop" running it, I'm afraid that the
diversity of the past will be lost.

Cheryl

Old February 6th 04, 05:53 PM
Ellice

On 2/6/04 8:34 AM,"Cheryl Isaak" posted:

I picked up the latest issue of Stitcher's World yesterday. I have fallen
head over heels in love with the Travellers Tales pieces. I am absolutely
blown away and in total lust for every piece shown. The chart in the
magazine looks easy to follow and I love the explanations of various motifs.

Thanks for the info. I saw the mag in Barnes & Noble, but it's in a sealed
bag, with some mini-Herschners catalog, so couldn't really tell what was in
the issue. That said, I just got the 15th Anniversary Issue of Inspirations
- full of all kinds of really nice things - crewel, metal-work, and other
things.

How do people feel about the change in command at the magazine? I have mixed
feelings - I'd prefer to not have a "shop" running it, I'm afraid that the
diversity of the past will be lost.

Good question. Guess it's wait and see.

ellice

Old February 6th 04, 06:50 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Ellice wrote:

That said, I just got the 15th Anniversary Issue of Inspirations
- full of all kinds of really nice things - crewel, metal-work, and other
things.

Oh, you too, eh? Why must *everybody* taunt me!
It must be a conspiracy...

Pbbbth,
Ericka

Old February 7th 04, 07:48 PM
FKBABB

http://www.travellers-tales.com/
These thrill me on so many levels - the color, the complexity, the sheer joy
to the eye.
Cheryl
BRBR

I love the designs, too, and am annoyed that they only come in kits. I ordered
one a couple of years ago (for a Miao needlecase) and was very disappointed in
the quality -- stingy piece of fabric (although it was Zweigart), not enough
thread in most of the colors, and a gold-plated needle the eye of which broke
the second time I threaded it, something that had never happened to me before.
I also found her ethnographic information way too simplified.

Which of the collections particularly appeal to you? There are other sources,
some free internet sites, for many of these types of designs.

Annie

Old February 7th 04, 08:26 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/7/04 1:48 PM, in article ,
"FKBABB" wrote:

[...]

The one that really caught my eye is the Bedouin piece. I couldn't tell you
exactly why, but I really do like it a lot.

I think it is the color and balance that attracts me so much.

Cheryl