Mirjam - how are you?

Old January 1st 09, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default Mirjam - how are you?

On 12/31/08 6:37 PM, "Pat P" wrote:

wrote in message
Lucretia

http://www.honestreporting.com/a/15seconds.asp

I haven`t seen you ever protest the Ongoing Rockets Shooting at
civilians , children , hospitals etc on our side of the border ,
http://www.honestreporting.com/a/15seconds.asp

Look at this and ask yourself How long YOU would have waited to stop
it ,
Please notice that the Egyptian Government and the Palestinian
President told the Hamas that they are to be balmaed because they were
warned warned and warned to stop sending rockets over Israel ,
mirjam

On the other hand, what shocks most of us is the totally OTT response by
Israel. If two or three people in a town anywhere in the world get killed
the normal reaction isn`t to go and kill more than 300 indiscriminately!

All that`s going to do is produce even more terrorism and suicide bombings
all over the world (Like we had recently in Mumbai).

Pat

OTOH, most people in the world don't have such a huge set of groups set on
annihilating them. I think that sadly, minimal responses have proven to be
insignificant in effectiveness.

Ellice

Old January 1st 09, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 12/31/08 9:00 PM, " wrote:

On Dec 31, 4:48*pm, Walker Family wrote:
No, not exactly. *I don't expect adults to go from zero to hateful at
the first sentence. * *Everyone has strong opinions in my family and
we peacefully coexist without resorting to harsh words and bent
feelings. *Moni

I, on the other hand, was raised in a family where people did and do
go from zero to hateful in no time, so, while I don't like it, I do
usually expect it. I sometimes do it, because it's habit, although I
have been trying to curb that.

Hey - do you know my SILs?

Ellice

Old January 1st 09, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Dec 31 2008, 11:14*pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 18:00:55 -0800 (PST), wrote:
On Dec 31, 4:48*pm, Walker Family wrote:
No, not exactly. *I don't expect adults to go from zero to hateful at
the first sentence. * *Everyone has strong opinions in my family and
we peacefully coexist without resorting to harsh words and bent
feelings. *Moni

I, on the other hand, was raised in a family where people did and do
go from zero to hateful in no time, so, while I don't like it, I do
usually expect it. *I sometimes do it, because it's habit, although I
have been trying to curb that.

I don't think it's from zero to hate. *I think many times it is zero
to annoyed or ****ed off. *Hate is a very strong emotion and certainly
not one I experience with people I've only had cyber connections with.
Victoria

Hate and hateful are not the same thing. Hateful just means someone
is being nasty. It doesn't mean they hate you, at least that's not
how I've ever understood it.

Elizabeth
Old January 1st 09, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Walker Family[_2_]

Back to the original subject - Moni posted a controversial post
instead of using email if her concern was genuine.
She stated that she was only getting 'two, three minute news bytes' so
I furnished her with a link that covered more.
Then that was wrong because I politely included a tiny url in case her
reader couldn't cover the longer link.
So perhaps her rude response is the 'hateful' ?

I think it is all out of sorts for no real reason. I posted here
because several groups mentioned having Mirjams emails bounce. I
expressed concern for someone having issues in her country, which I
would do if Australia, Canada, etc. had problems and one of our
members was in country.

A link is always fine but it sounded like you were putting me down as
I had never, ever heard of problems following a link of any length. I
corrected this impression later. Nothing hateful, filled with hate or
anything else. I'm a gentle, friendly, positive, glass half full and
getting fuller type of person. I'm sorry my simple message of concern
for a person in our group caused such issues. Moni

Old January 1st 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_2_]

"Walker Family" wrote in message

[...]

Don`t worry, Moni - we all get our knickers in a twist from time to time on
here. I normally forget it after a day or two (some hang onto it for
months - even years, but then you come across folk that do that in "real
life"). I think that half the trouble is that your fingers tend to type out
what`s going through your mind at the time and, hey presto, you`ve hit the
"send" button. In real life you`d probably censor it a bit. (That`s a
general "you", not a personal "you", by the way!).

Pat

Old January 1st 09, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jan 1, 8:51*am, ellice wrote:
On 12/31/08 6:37 PM, *"Pat P" wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

And the overwhelming responses have somehow been more effective? I
don't think so: they haven't stopped the attacks and they've ruined
Israel's reputation among many who would otherwise have been
supporters.

Elizabeth
Old January 3rd 09, 07:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jan 1, 10:54*pm, wrote:
On Jan 1, 8:51*am, ellice wrote:

On 12/31/08 6:37 PM, *"Pat P" wrote:

wrote in message

AS if you ever had a GOOD opinion about Israel , Never ONCE did i see
you have a good word for the many people who suffered in Isreal under
Terrorist attacks ,,
But i DO REMEMBER after 9/11 , how many of you almost 50 personal
Emails from Readers , both active and Lurkers from this NG alone]
asked me , how to deal with Terror in one`s own country? , how to
explain it to children , Than when Usa entered Iraq , how many of you
were rude about the Iraquies , how many Here wrote that one must Nuke
the Afghanis , Nuke the Iraquis etc,,,,
There comes a point in a Person`s life , or a nation`s life , when
they have to put a stop to be harrased , trrorized etc,

3 years ago Azza was given to the Palestinian Authority , Hot houses
were left intact , so argriculture could be used to provide local
vegetables in modern systems , + exporting to Europe. Factories were
already built on the International Border , so that people from both
side could work together , Loads of money was poured in .

Palestinians fought amongst themselves , Hot houses were Ruined ,
Factories that provided work to Azza people were bombed by Palestian
Hamas , several times .
Suicide bombers were entering Israel Hence Border checkpoints were a
must .
{ Isn`t USA checking people who Enter it`s borders ????, Don`t people
who enter USA go through a security check , need a visa , Is USA
allowed to stop certain people from entering it`s border ?

The hard truth is that To You Elizabeth , it is ok as long as a Jew
gets killed , but a jew deffending himself is to you unthinkable ,,
mirjam
Old January 3rd 09, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jan 3, 1:32*am, wrote:

AS if you ever had a GOOD opinion about Israel , Never ONCE did i see
you have a good word for the many people who suffered in Isreal under
Terrorist attacks ,,

It may come as a shock to you, Mirjam, but I did not spring fully
formed to life on this newsgroup. I have had many opinions in my life
that were not expressed here. My good opinion of Israel ended with
the attacks on the camps at Shabra and Shatilla, but I did have one
before that point.

The hard truth is that To You Elizabeth , it is ok as long as a Jew
gets killed , but a jew deffending himself is to you unthinkable ,,

Mirjam, that is unkind and untrue. And that from a woman who claims
that she is never unkind. Once again, you show yourself for the liar
you are.

Elizabeth
Old January 3rd 09, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jan 3, 9:30*am, "Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)"
On Jan 1, 10:54 pm, wrote:
On Jan 1, 8:51 am, ellice wrote:

On 12/31/08 6:37 PM, *"Pat P" wrote:
wrote in message

AS if you ever had a GOOD opinion about Israel , Never ONCE did i see
you have a good word for the many people who suffered in Isreal under
Terrorist attacks ,,

snipped

Mirjam,
When you respond to someone please quote the message (or at least a part
of the message) to which you are referring, otherwise it makes following
the discussion very difficult.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK

Bruce here is the part i responded to ,,,
Elizabeth `s eye rolling to heaven that ..about those...many
who ..other wise
would have been our suporters ,, we saw their support over those long
years of Missile shooting ,,,
Interesting that Abu Mazen and the egyptian , and many moderate Arab
Countries , CALL the Hamas what it is a TERROR Regime supported by
IRAN ,,,, which Threatens Us DAILY ,,,,,
mirjam

Mirjam Ophelia Yarn 1 March 28th 07 06:41 AM
Mirjam, sorry about that NoraBalcer Yarn 0 July 8th 04 04:01 PM
Mirjam Cher Yarn 7 October 21st 03 07:11 PM
For Mirjam xray_momma Yarn 3 August 23rd 03 01:24 PM