UFO/WIP Disorder

Old October 1st 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Default UFO/WIP Disorder

JCT wrote:
'Fess up, gang, who else is a fellow sufferer?

OK -- Fessing up here. I have a number of projects in line and yet I
am always getting tempted by something else. I barely managed to
avoid the temptation of more sock yarn when the sale was mentioned
here - but then I had just picked up some yummy sock yarn in Iowa
when I went back for a class reunion. (Who knew my home town had
lately acquired a really good LYS!) I don't think I really have many
UFOs (one afghan sock qualifies - unlikely to get a partner anytime
this decade) but I abound in WIPs and whatever one calls projects for
which I have yarn and pattern but require needles that are already
engaged in a WIP. I even have a WIP that I have done the ribbing on
which is now waiting until I get another project done so that the
larger needles for the body are free.

Judy

LOL I just go buy more needlesG I have 4 #3 16 inch circs for baby hats.

Donna

Old October 1st 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Because you are a creative person who needs to use all her abilities
,,, mirjam

...or Syndrome or something. Why can I not resist starting a new
project the minute I see a pattern that intrigues me, no matter how many
other WIPs are staring me in the face? This is why I have three sets of
interchangeable circs...I saw the maze-patterned cap in the latest
Knitty and grabbed some junk yarn (ancient acrylic sport weight) and am
halfway through the design even though I have two other sock projects
just started (and I don't dare look in my closet to see how many other
UFOs are languishing there).

'Fess up, gang, who else is a fellow sufferer?

Old October 2nd 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Default UFO/WIP Disorder Some OT

spampot wrote:
....or Syndrome or something. Why can I not resist starting a new
project the minute I see a pattern that intrigues me, no matter how many
other WIPs are staring me in the face? This is why I have three sets of
interchangeable circs...I saw the maze-patterned cap in the latest
Knitty and grabbed some junk yarn (ancient acrylic sport weight) and am
halfway through the design even though I have two other sock projects
just started (and I don't dare look in my closet to see how many other
UFOs are languishing there).

'Fess up, gang, who else is a fellow sufferer?

If you find an answer from some one, please pass it on.

Counting other hobbies I have, several items are in the oven.

I have started a new pair of socks, 2 afghans, purchased enough
Wool-Ease to practice my first gansey on my new sheaths, several black &
white pics to remove scratches from, a friends crashed computer has
been here for several days, I just started chip carving a cube shaped
napkin cover box and I had to leave Gail in the hospital last night,
please pass a spare prayer you might have laying around. Gail is to the
point she can not go to the bathroom alone. Maybe I should slow down a
little. I was in the emergency room from a fall. We were in the
hospital together for one night. Gail comes home Monday morning.

My daughter told me to slow down or die but, I don't know how, really.
I am afraid to slow down more than I am to work to fast or to much.

Any ideas on this one.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old October 2nd 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

please pass a spare prayer you might have laying around

You've got it, Dennis. Judy

Old October 2nd 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot

Midwest poster wrote:
Christine - DON'T START THAT! Just doing you a favor so don't hit me,
please. LOL

Ah, but Christine's yummy merino sock yarn will grab her and drag her to
a lacy scarf/moebius pattern....when the yarn is there in your hands,
you CAN'T not start something!!

Christine, I have a moebius lace pattern but the setup is truly hellish...
Old October 2nd 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot

JCT wrote:
[...]

Ha! It's as I say, socks are addictive...right?

Old October 2nd 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot

DAB wrote:
JCT wrote:

[...]

HA! You're One Of Us, Donna!
Old October 2nd 06, 05:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot

Wooly wrote:
On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 10:26:51 -0400, spampot spewed
forth :

'Fess up, gang, who else is a fellow sufferer?

I've always got a sock (or two) on needles despite my earlier avowal
to STOP KNITTING SOCKS for couple of years. Socks are like crack, I
guess, plus I can stuff one into my bag and keep myself busy while
waiting around.

HA! You're One Of Us. Yes. Socks are like crack.

I did just rip a Rogue that I had knitted to the underarm. My gauge
swatch told me that merely knitting up a size should give me a sweater
that fits, but that wasn't the case. Rather than *plan* to shrink
into the sweater I chose to rip it and the yarn is now back in the
stash contemplating its next appearance.

The skullcap *g* was my consolation prize knitting. I had it on my
"to do" list so after I ripped the sweater I just got it done.

I am about to cast on with my handspun for a modified version of a
sweater from _A Gathering of Lace_. I've mathed it four times and had
a friend check my numbers, just to be safe. The castin on will
probably take a couple of hours...

Otherwise I'm project-free at the moment.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...

Old October 2nd 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Laura J

"SpikeDriver" wrote in message
napkin cover box and I had to leave Gail in the hospital last night,
please pass a spare prayer you might have laying around. Gail is to the
point she can not go to the bathroom alone. Maybe I should slow down a
little. I was in the emergency room from a fall. We were in the hospital
together for one night. Gail comes home Monday morning.

Oh Dennis, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll be thinking good thoughts for
both of you.

LauraJ

Old October 2nd 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Dennis
Please Tell GAIL i send her HEALING THOUGHTS
all the way from the Holy country
mirjam