Need Help Finding Upholstery Fabric

Old October 4th 05, 06:25 PM
CypSew

Yesterday, I went into the nearer of the 2 TSWLTH, looking for some
upholstery/drapery fabric with which to make pillows that I intend to
appliqué photographs of us siblings for Christmas gifts. There was a large
roll of fabric that looked the same, or extremely similar as the one you
want. It was $17.00 per yard. If the store near you does not have it,
check some others, as I know not all of them have the same mdse. You might
ask to order if from their headquarters if you don't find it. I know they
do special orders.
Emily

Old October 4th 05, 07:51 PM
Nick and Judy

Even if you found the exact fabric, the colors on the original have prbably
faded a bit so the cushions would look different from the rest of the sofa.
"Agent_C" wrote in message
news
I am trying to locate some upholstery fabric for a couch I bought
about 10 years ago. I'd like to have the cushions recovered.

This is what it looks like:

http://home.nyc.rr.com/acidrock212/couch1.jpg

http://home.nyc.rr.com/acidrock212/couch2.jpg

The store has long gone out of business and I've never shopped for
this sort of thing before.

A_C

Old October 4th 05, 08:48 PM
Agent_C

CypSew wrote:
Yesterday, I went into the nearer of the 2 TSWLTH, looking for some
upholstery/drapery fabric with which to make pillows that I intend to
appliqu=E9 photographs of us siblings for Christmas gifts. There was a l=

arge
roll of fabric that looked the same, or extremely similar as the one you
want. It was $17.00 per yard. If the store near you does not have it,
check some others, as I know not all of them have the same mdse. You mig=

ht
ask to order if from their headquarters if you don't find it. I know they
do special orders.
Emily

What's "2 TSWLTH" ?

A_C

Old October 5th 05, 01:07 AM
Elizabeth Young

Agent_C wrote:
CypSew wrote:

Yesterday, I went into the nearer of the 2 TSWLTH, looking for some

What's "2 TSWLTH" ?

The Store We Love To Hate (Joanne's fabrics)

liz young
Old October 5th 05, 01:22 AM
David Harmon

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 13:00:11 GMT in rec.crafts.textiles.sewing,
wrote,
Agent_C wrote:

I don't know any men who sew, not even Gay guys. It's like a lost art I
guess. I frankly have no interest in it all; I was just hoping to
source the fabric without a lot of footwork.

Where's Tom Farrell when you need him? LOL

Where is Mike Behrent, Mr. Kilt?
(But Agent_C is obviously just joking with us.)

Old October 5th 05, 07:24 PM
CypSew

There are two(2) JoAnn's near where I live.
TSWLTH(the store we love to hate) aka: JoAnn's, called that because of the
overflowing junked up isles of crafty stuff, clerks who are sometimes rude
and many who can't cut fabric straight. But in these days, they and
Hancock's are the two choices most people have in neighborhood fabric
stores. I know here in Houston, downtown, there is a fabulous humongous
fabric store with everything imaginable for sale, but the kicker is, it is
downtown; the city is forever growing and so many of the streets in the area
are under construction till my son, with whom I live, refuses to fight the
crowds and construction. I don't blame him, if I drove anymore, I would
never go there either.
Emily