Notification to all

Old July 31st 03, 08:53 PM
Jim Mc Namara

"Ellice" wrote in message:
In a somewhat unusual follow-up to my own post, I'd like to add something.

spoke with Nathalie directly about this entire situation. Very polite and
pleasant e-mail exchange. We agreed, upon my suggestion, that I could post
another little clarification on this topic.

snipped

I know what Nathalie is going through. When I very abruptly closed Future
Collectibles, I had a few orders outstanding - had to complete one project,
and it was over in a blink of an eye. The VERY FIRST THING I did was to
refund deposits to customers. I explained the situation (divorce - debt
beyond belief I didn't know I had!) and everyone was understanding. The
important thing is to *take care of business* ~

I built my business on trust and craftsmanship. There was one person on
this ng who was not happy with the cabinet she received from me and wanted
to know what she could do about it. I asked her to send it back to me
C.O.D. and I would give her a 100% refund. Bless her heart - she was so
surprised that she prepaid the freight and I sent her a check. As it turned
out - UPS had damaged the cabinet - but nevertheless . . . if you're going
to be in or out of business - you've got to treat folks fairly. You never
burn a bridge - but attempt to mend it whenever possible. You never know
when you'll be back with your reputation at stake and have to deal with the
same people again.

Jim Mc Namara

Old July 31st 03, 10:30 PM
Gillian Murray

Fred, the first one came through just fine on my end.

Gillian
"Fred" wrote in message
My first reply to you is not showing up here so this is my second attempt.

As you can see (maybe), on my first message about missing posts I

responded
to a post from Poetta which shows up on google but her/it post is not
showing up on my ISP's board. There are two missing from this thread

alone.
It's wierd!

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. - Pending

"PaulaB" wrote in message
om...
I really don't know much about all this at all, Fred, except to say
that there are regular posters who purge their posts from Google so I
never see them except as snips included in others' posts. I did that
once too, when I made a faux pas. (It seems a little odd to me, but
to each his own - I try not to post things that would offend if
someone reads them months later in Google.) Are the missing ones from
your ISP or Google? Paula B.

"Fred" wrote in message

"Fred." wrote in message
om...
snip
Poetta wrote in message
. ..
Fred -- They AREone and the same. I got burned too, but luckily

got
my
stuff back.
snip

Anyone know why some RCTN posts can appear on google before they

appear
on
one's local ISP server and Visa-Versus??? and did anyone else see

Poetta's
post as above??

I always thought my posts to RCTN would appear on my local ISP's

server
first before they would appear on google and 95% of the time that they

are,
however when I compare most everyone's RCTN posts on google and the

same
posts on my local ISP server, a lot of member's posts show up

differently or
not at all. I'm set up for constant post synchronization so I should

be
up
to date on posts. Do I smell censorship of (1s) and (0s)?? LOL

I was under the impression my posts to RCTN would be routed as follows
My post--to my local ISP(filed for access by others from the

internet)--to
google archives.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. - Pending

---

---

"PaulaB" wrote in message
om...
I really don't know much about all this at all, Fred, except to say
that there are regular posters who purge their posts from Google so I
never see them except as snips included in others' posts. I did that
once too, when I made a faux pas. (It seems a little odd to me, but
to each his own - I try not to post things that would offend if
someone reads them months later in Google.) Are the missing ones from
your ISP or Google? Paula B.

"Fred" wrote in message

"Fred." wrote in message
om...
snip
. ..

Old August 1st 03, 05:54 AM
Ellice

On 7/31/03 5:10 PM,"Dawne Peterson" posted:

"Ellice" wrote
(snip)

Now back to my usual not quite as diplomatic self,

Okay, but thank you for calmly stepping in as the voice of reason in this
one.

My pleasure, Dawne.

ellice

Old August 1st 03, 09:23 AM
Anonymous Modelstitcher

As a "former" modelstitcher for Nathalie, I am finding this thread VERY
interesting. Not that anyone really cares what my opinion is, but I
thought I'd share it anyway. Apologies in advance to anyone with fragile
sensitivities--I'm upholding my right to free speech and GOWdom.

I was not altogether shocked a few short weeks ago when I received an
email/e-group notice that Nathalie was stopping her business. The email
demanded the immediate return of all models, finished or unfinished, and all
remaining supplies. Apparently she was recently robbed of money she had set
aside to pay some modelstitchers(thus she proclaimed). Not being able to
cope well with her new predicament and the rising modelstitcher uproar
(several members have been dissatisfied for a very long time prior for
legitimate reasons), she decided to close up shop. In case you might be
curious why so many people were unhappy working with/for her even before
this event, let me enlighten you. She would disappear from our e-group for
weeks/months at a time, not a single post or response to repeated requests
from several modelstitchers asking for more threads in which to finish their
projects, when they'd receive threads she had kept promising to mail, or
wanting to know when they'd be paid for work done, etc., I think you get the
idea. I won't go into detail of how she's handled other designers she was
to distribute. Then, out of the blue, she'd show up and post profusely for
several days, calming everyone's fears, before disappearing into the wild
blue yonder once again(can we say bi-polar?). Immediately before this
notice from her, several members were getting quite vocal wondering where
she was and where their payment was, then she made her flash appearance and
claimed cash robbery.

I was quite surprised to learn in another post in the this thread that she
has reopened under another business name. I was even more surprised when I
went to her new website and under her "modelstitching" section, she is
actively recruiting new modelstitchers, yet no former modelstitchers for
NDMDC were allowed to apply, minus the select few that have already received
personal letters from her, as stated on the new website.

Now, if Nathalie had decided that being a distributor of other designers'
work was too much to deal with in addition to promoting her own designs,
then more power to her in reconstructing her (almost) new business.
However, telling her modelstitchers that she's QUITTING the business (albeit
long term temporary), then immediately opening up shop under a new name and
requesting new modelstitchers is just WRONG. We were LIED TO, misled, and
short-shrifted, and that is not a good way of doing business. I'm a damn
good stitcher, and I resent having someone else finish MY work. You
can't(or shouldn't) always run away from your demons(under the guise of a
new business name). I hope anyone considering working for someone that
UNDEPENDABLE, dishonest, and shady seriously thinks twice before getting
involved.

Warning!! Harsh, blatant opinion he
And while I'm on a roll(now for the part that will really seal my fate as a
bad-mouthed GOW): her designs SUCK. Yeah, I could be politically correct
and simply say "they're not to my taste", but why should I? This isn't sour
grapes talking here, they really, truly, are horrible(minus a few, I will
grant her that) monstrosities of design. I don't know who she's trying to
kid with her "i'm a needlework designer" fantasy. I've seen better
"artwork" from elementary students.

I know I'm going to go down in the burning flames of RCTN hell, and that
I've certainly damaged my own credibility in the process, but I'm entitled
to not only my opinion but expressing it too, so you naysayers out there can
just bring it on!

Modelstitcher Ex-Communicado

Old August 1st 03, 11:42 AM
Pat Porter

It doesn`t surprise me in the least. I wouldn`t comment on her own personal
designs, apart from saying that on the whole they were not to my taste, but
the feeling I had about some of them were that they appeared to have been
scanned in from birthday cards or somthing of that ilk, and very badly
edited. They looked as if the backgrounds had just been deleted with an
image editing programme, and precious little else done.

I think that Bi-Polar is a definite possibility - judging from the
experience I have with my own oldest daughter. In that case, Nathalie and
her family deserve a huge amount of sympathy, although it can`t be of much
consolation to the model-stitchers who have been caught up in this. It
would, perhaps, be useful to know the name of her "new" company, so that
others may avoid becoming embroiled in a similar situation at a later date.

I do hope that the model stitchers who have not been paid have held on to
any supplies they hold until/unless they ARE paid!

A few years ago I was "caught" in a very minor way, by Nathalie. At the
time the subject of a new breakfast cereal containing Brlgian chocolate
arose in the group, and I offered to send a pack to anyone who wanted to try
it (obviously intending the offer to apply to friends overseas). Nathalie
asked if I`d send her some, to which I agreed - not realising that she only
lived about 100 miles away! I laughed it off at the time and was as good as
my word, but even then I felt it was slightly sneaky, and something I
wouldn`t have done myself.

I` like to have seen her make a success of her "business", as I rhink she
really needs to succeed at something for her own peace of mind and health
and I genuinely feel sorry for her. I also feel sorry for the people who
have been so badly let down.

Pat P

Old August 1st 03, 11:45 AM
Fred

Thanks for the reply Gillian,
I actually sent two replies to Poetta's post but I still only see the second
one here.

A lot of my replies to other threads also seem to have to gone into the
cyberspace boneyard.

I guess them's the breaks. I'm not about to repeat the posts - time to move
on. I'm hoping to have solved the problem by completely unsubscribing and
subscribing again, then doing a complete defragmentation and reboot. I'm
sure it all started in the wee hours of Jul 20/03 which was my busiest
e-mail day of the month - arrrggggg - 1800+. I might have had a pc memory
overload - similar to a mental overload. LOL.

Bandages come off the finners for good today. All healed up, no scars, but
my hide hasn't toughened up over the nerves in the finger tips so when I
touch something it smarts a bit. Which of course will remind me to change my
ways. Ha, easier to pour water through the eye of a needle.

Happy Stitching,

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. - Pending

k.net...

"PaulaB" wrote in message
om...
I really don't know much about all this at all, Fred, except to say
that there are regular posters who purge their posts from Google so I
never see them except as snips included in others' posts. I did that
once too, when I made a faux pas. (It seems a little odd to me, but
to each his own - I try not to post things that would offend if
someone reads them months later in Google.) Are the missing ones from
your ISP or Google? Paula B.

"Fred" wrote in message

"Fred." wrote in message
om...
snip
. ..

"PaulaB" wrote in message
om...
I really don't know much about all this at all, Fred, except to say
that there are regular posters who purge their posts from Google so I
never see them except as snips included in others' posts. I did that
once too, when I made a faux pas. (It seems a little odd to me, but
to each his own - I try not to post things that would offend if
someone reads them months later in Google.) Are the missing ones from
your ISP or Google? Paula B.

"Fred" wrote in message

"Fred." wrote in message
om...
snip
. ..

Old August 1st 03, 12:47 PM
PaulaB

I heard nothing but raves about your work, Jim! So just a very nosy
question (feel free to ignore if you want!): Are you hoping/planning
to go back into the woodworking business? Just wondering - I know you
loved it so much.
Best wishes, Paula B.

Old August 1st 03, 01:02 PM
PaulaB

And the first one showed up in Google too, right away (relatively speaking).
Paula B.

"PaulaB" wrote in message
om...
I really don't know much about all this at all, Fred, except to say
that there are regular posters who purge their posts from Google so I
never see them except as snips included in others' posts. I did that
once too, when I made a faux pas. (It seems a little odd to me, but
to each his own - I try not to post things that would offend if
someone reads them months later in Google.) Are the missing ones from
your ISP or Google? Paula B.

"Fred" wrote in message

"Fred." wrote in message
om...
snip

. ..

"PaulaB" wrote in message
om...
I really don't know much about all this at all, Fred, except to say
that there are regular posters who purge their posts from Google so I
never see them except as snips included in others' posts. I did that
once too, when I made a faux pas. (It seems a little odd to me, but
to each his own - I try not to post things that would offend if
someone reads them months later in Google.) Are the missing ones from
your ISP or Google? Paula B.

"Fred" wrote in message

"Fred." wrote in message
om...
snip

. ..

Old August 1st 03, 01:37 PM
Caryn

Modelstitcher Ex-Communicado

I snipped all the nastiness....

How very brave you are to hide behind an anonymous email and signature!

Perhaps you know what you said could be construed as slander and/or libel in a
court of law?

If you have a legitimate complaint, than make it to the party in question,
privately!

The hatred in your tone makes me think that you are spreading lies and gossip.
What you think you'll gain from this is beyond me.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old August 1st 03, 04:12 PM
Ellice

Hey gang,

I have to throw in something. First, this person posted anonymously, which
has now caused a problem for me. As a result of this posting, Nathalie
evidently believes it was me - because in the header reference lines my 2
prior posts in the thread are cited. And now, as she is understandably upset
with what she perceives as untruths being published about her - she has
attributed this "anonymous" to me.

So, I'm writing to say this is most definitely not me. And I am taking
action with my ISP to ensure that whatever "good" name I have isn't sullied
by this posters actions. Lovely for me to be threatened when all I've done
is try to present some calm look at a bad situation.

Yes, I have responded to Nathalie's personal, ummm, shall we say, ultimatum
threatening action against me if I don't retract all the crap that was in
the anonymous post. FWIW - Nathalie says to me that essentially this is
either full of lies, or misrepresentations (my paraphrase). She has also
informed me that she will be going to the NEWSGROUP (horrors) to post this,
with the header open - as if we dolts (my word) can't figure out how to do
that ourselves and thus show what a terrible person I am, and then I can
lose all my credibility, and so forth.

So, gang, I've snipped all the offensive, potentially libelous stuff. And am
letting you know that this isn't me. Believe it or not. It was certainly a
shock to me to open my e-mail this morning, and have an attacking e-mail in
my box from Nathalie - with this attached - and ultimatums about what
actions I must take. Just in point of fact, at 4:23 AM EDT, I was in bed
with DH, and Puckster. I'm sure Puckster will be happy to witness. Yikes.

As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.
ellice

On 8/1/03 4:23 AM,"Anonymous Modelstitcher"
posted:

As a "former" modelstitcher for Nathalie, I am finding this thread VERY
interesting. Not that anyone really cares what my opinion is, but I
thought I'd share it anyway. Apologies in advance to anyone with fragile
sensitivities--I'm upholding my right to free speech and GOWdom.

*snipping*