Notification to all

Old July 31st 03, 12:32 AM
Caam704

Caryn and all

I have reread the post and have to disagree. It appears by the style to have
gone through a lawyer. This would explain the tone. The most important parts
of the of the statement that gave me this impression were the way the post
states that all parties had until the end of August to return all property
belonging to others.

My impression is that this was posted on the newsgroup rather than her local
paper to give notice hence the name of the post: Notification to all. I do not
know if this would hold up in court but maybe she has run a legally binding
Notice in a newspaper which in my State would be binding.

Colleen
Old July 31st 03, 01:04 AM
Caryn

I have reread the post and have to disagree. It appears by the style to have
gone through a lawyer

This is true about the first part of the post.

However, near the end, where YDG starts speaking for herself is where it gets
personal and nasty. In the beginning she is in fact quoting Nathalie's own
statement...which does appear to be written with a lawyers aid.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old July 31st 03, 01:11 AM
Cheryl Isaak

Can some one give me the "short" version of what is going on?
Cheryl

Old July 31st 03, 05:37 AM
J. Koster

From : http://www.chia.net/mimick/ydg

Now that everyone is bashing Yolanda for posting this - did no one else
notice that this was copied from a web page, so perhaps Yolanda and
"Lady Mamid" are NOT one and the same, and also perhaps Yolanda does not
know this was posted here?

Joan

--
Gone fibernatin'.

Old July 31st 03, 05:43 AM
Fred.

Please Ignore testing for ISP response!
Fred

Poetta wrote in message . ..
Fred -- They AREone and the same. I got burned too, but luckily got my
stuff back.

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:23:56 -0500, "Fred" wrote:

At first I thought Nathalie and her business went off in one direction and
the "www.ndmdc.com url" got sold and went off in another. From the tone of
the message on the web site it implies there is a separation. However a
search produced the following;
Domain Name.......... ndmdc.com
Creation Date........ 2001-03-17
Registration Date.... 2003-06-06
Expiry Date.......... 2005-03-17
Organisation Name.... Nathalie's Designs Mail Order and Distribution Company
Organisation Address. 2 The Lawns
Organisation Address. Windermere Road
Organisation Address. Reading
Organisation Address. RG2 7JA
Organisation Address. Berkshire
Organisation Address. GREAT BRITAIN (UK)

It might be that the "url" ndmdc.com and "Nathalie's Designs Mail Order and
Distribution Company name" are owned by one and the same person but that
"NDMDC" is a registered copyright logo/name of someone completely unrelated.
Time will tell.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. Pending

om...
From : http://www.chia.net/mimick/ydg
This is to let all know that I am no longer being employed by
NDMDC.com or Nathalie Forster as per their statement:

"It is our understanding that Nathalie Forster had a number of items
of property belonging to other companies and/or individuals in her
own possession, namely sample stitching, photos and other goods which
were property of Janet M Perry, a selection of patterns from X's and
Oh's, sample stitching that was prepared for commercial use that are
owned by Bewitching Stitches, as well as a number of other
unspecified goods. It is our understanding that Nathalie Forster has
either returned these goods in good will, made adequate alternative
arrangements to return these goods with third parties in good will,
or is making adequate arrangements to return these goods to their
rightful owners in the near future when financial situation permits.
Where goods are still due, these will be returned before or by August
31, 2003 at the latest date. It is our understanding that Nathalie
Forster expects the same courtesy for her own property in return and
expects her property returned by August 31, 2003 at the latest, to
herself or appointed authorised agent(s). Any person who worked for
Nathalie Forster who does not comply will be reported to appropriate
authorities for theft and further action may be pursued, both legal
and other means."
I am one of several designers and modelstitchers who have been
affected by such actions by her and the companies she may or may not
currently own. Until such time as I receive payment for the
modelstitching I have done for either NDMDC or Nathale Forster,
neither Nathalie Forster nor any company previously or currently
associated with her is authorized to sell any of YDG Designs or
exhibit my work. This list includes but is not limited to: the web
page work I also did on a per page basis, reimbursement for payment to
my modelstitchers, and payment for designs sold.

Until payment arrangements can and have been made, I will not be
sending anything back. If arrangements haven't been made with me by
August 31st, 2003, I will consider the materials I have left in my
position partial payment for my time spent working for Nathalie
Forster and NDMDC and will dispose of the items as I see fit.

Other distributers and resellers need to Contact Me if they wish to
still distribute my designs.

I am extremely disheartened by what has happened, not just to myself
but to other modelstitchers and designers affected by Nathalie
Forster's and NDMDC's actions and decisions. I will endeavor to warn
other novice modelstitcher and designers that contracting with
Nathalie Forster or NDMDC could be extremely detrimental to their
carreers.

Yolanda Goodwin

YDG Designs

Last updated :July 29th, 2003

---

Jennifer / Poetta

www.LadybugLane.com

Old July 31st 03, 04:15 PM
madeupagin

"DesignsbyPamelaJ" wrote in message

But if someone out there
was acting in a seemingly fraudulent manner, wouldn't you stand up and
shout about it too?

No. That's a GRAND way to get myself sued. The key word in your question
is SEEMINGLY.

Tere

Old July 31st 03, 04:22 PM
Ellice

On 7/30/03 1:40 PM,"Caryn" posted:

I can understand your concern about YDG's response - however before judging
her post & your reaction - it might be useful to understand what Nathalie
has supposedly "done" to her and other designers etc to make such a
statement necessary!"
Just a thought!

Good idea. Here's some, er, current background. As some of you know, there
are two yahoo groups which are moderated lists for Model Stitchers and Model
Stitchers/Designers. There is also a totally separate group for Designers.
Again, all of these are moderated, basically you're invited to join, or if
you find it may do an application to join. Not an insult to everyone else,
but these are really aimed at the business end of needlework.

Nathalie very recently posted on the Designer's list, a request about
posting on the Model Stitchers/Designers list (different group). The
moderator of that MSD list is also a designer, and on the Designer's
Business list. She (owner of MSD list) had answered some other queries by
new designers looking for Model Stitchers, on the DB list. Still with me?
So, when Nathalie sent the e-mail query about wanting to get back on MSD,
she was requested to have her discussions with potential Model Stitchers
done off the list. Because there were many people on the list who would
become emotional, and the MSD list owner doesn't want any kind of flamewar,
nastiness, etc on the list.

That said, I didn't fully understand, and had a very polite, nice,
correspondence with the MSD list owner - who explained to me that there had
been some bad business dealings between Nathalie, and several of the people
on the MSD list, so she just wanted Nathalie's correspondence off the board.
All seems pretty reasonable.

I also read back thru some of the messages. In a nutshell, it seems several
people were left owed money, owed materials by Nathalie. She also, as a
distributor, evidently still has material belonging to other designers which
has yet to be returned to them. I also gathered that there was work for
which she may have been paid that wasn't done. So, in all, there are a lot
of people with professional bad feelings - my reading of the situation.

In all fairness to YDG, it was discussed on the MSD list that someone should
perhaps post a warning on RCTN, to spare novice model stitchers, or make
them aware of potential problems, if Nathalie were soliciting in this forum.
No malicious intent.

Here's the problem I had with YDG's post...

a) Nathalie doesn't post here any longer, so YDG knew that only her side of
the
issue would be shown.

Ummm, this is a public forum, she knows that Nathalie could easily post
here, and given that the response amongst the "professional" model stitchers
forum is less than welcoming, it seems likely this would be where Nathalie
would post.

Also, what YDG posted, was Nathalie's post. YDG just put a little preface,
and then wrote some information about being disheartened, not sending
materials back at the end.

As it happens, on the original statement on the web site, Nathalie says that
no model stitchers work for her unless she has now sent them a new, direct,
mail. Evidently this was the first that some stitchers heard that they'd
been "fired" - as opposed to just being not yet paid.

b) The post stated that all parties had until the end of Aug to return all
property belonging to others. This is still a full month away. Couldn't she
have waited until that deadline had passed before taking this public?

AFAIK, the Aug deadline is all Nathalie's doing. It seems that many people
have been waiting a while for things, so this furor arose with the statement
issuance by Nathalie.

I don't know the whole story, I'm not saying I do. I don't know the parties
involved.

The overall tone of YDG's post was nasty for nasty's sake. At least that's
how
I read it.

I don't think it was nasty, I thought it was as politely stated a warning as
she could come up with. Honestly, I don't believe that Yolanda is trying to
be personally nasty. Just trying to find a way to let others know to be wary
in dealings. It's one of those damned if you do say something, damned if you
don't - the modelstitchers group seems pretty supportive and welcoming.
There is good advice for those wanting to do this work, and references
maintained, etc. There seemed to be some honest, not nasty, discussion of
how best to save anyone else from getting sucked into a potentially bad
situation with their eyes closed.

In this case, I'd urge the group to give YDG benefit of the doubt. Just
treat this as a heads-up, knowing that in the recent past there have been
some business issues with people in dealing with Nathalie, so be aware if
you choose to stitch for her, or otherwise be involved in a business
relationship. Not saying boycott Nathalie. Or YDG. Just, heads-up -
sometimes as stitchers we want to believe we're all related - but even your
relatives sometimes aren't what they seem, or can do you harm, misuse your
trust.

Ellice

Old July 31st 03, 04:37 PM
Brenda Lewis

Thanks for the clarification, Ellice. My apologies to Yolanda for
misinterpreting her post. It was so out of the blue that, without
background information, I had no idea what she really intended.

Do most model stitchers work as "independent contractors"? Is there a
standard contract template available online to cover this type of work?
How often is this done just by verbal agreement with nothing in
writing? I'm too busy to do this kind of work at this point in life,
but am interested in how it is done.

WIP: J. Himsworth "I Shall Not Want" xs
J & P Coats "Dancing Snoopy" latchhook
Paradise Radio now playing at
http://216.201.164.62:8000/

Old July 31st 03, 06:09 PM
Fred

As you can see (maybe), on my first message about missing posts I responded
to a post from Poetta which shows up on google but her/it post is not
showing up on my ISP's board. There are two missing from this thread alone.
It's wierd!

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. - Pending

"PaulaB" wrote in message
om...
I really don't know much about all this at all, Fred, except to say
that there are regular posters who purge their posts from Google so I
never see them except as snips included in others' posts. I did that
once too, when I made a faux pas. (It seems a little odd to me, but
to each his own - I try not to post things that would offend if
someone reads them months later in Google.) Are the missing ones from
your ISP or Google? Paula B.

"Fred" wrote in message

"Fred." wrote in message
om...
snip
Poetta wrote in message

. ..
Fred -- They AREone and the same. I got burned too, but luckily got

my
stuff back.

snip

Anyone know why some RCTN posts can appear on google before they appear

on
one's local ISP server and Visa-Versus??? and did anyone else see

Poetta's
post as above??

I always thought my posts to RCTN would appear on my local ISP's server
first before they would appear on google and 95% of the time that they

are,
however when I compare most everyone's RCTN posts on google and the same
posts on my local ISP server, a lot of member's posts show up

differently or
not at all. I'm set up for constant post synchronization so I should be

up
to date on posts. Do I smell censorship of (1s) and (0s)?? LOL

I was under the impression my posts to RCTN would be routed as follows
My post--to my local ISP(filed for access by others from the

internet)--to
google archives.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. - Pending

---

---

Old July 31st 03, 08:51 PM
Fred

My first reply to you is not showing up here so this is my second attempt.

"PaulaB" wrote in message
om...
I really don't know much about all this at all, Fred, except to say
that there are regular posters who purge their posts from Google so I
never see them except as snips included in others' posts. I did that
once too, when I made a faux pas. (It seems a little odd to me, but
to each his own - I try not to post things that would offend if
someone reads them months later in Google.) Are the missing ones from
your ISP or Google? Paula B.

"Fred" wrote in message

"Fred." wrote in message
om...
snip

. ..

"PaulaB" wrote in message
om...
I really don't know much about all this at all, Fred, except to say
that there are regular posters who purge their posts from Google so I
never see them except as snips included in others' posts. I did that
once too, when I made a faux pas. (It seems a little odd to me, but
to each his own - I try not to post things that would offend if
someone reads them months later in Google.) Are the missing ones from
your ISP or Google? Paula B.

"Fred" wrote in message

"Fred." wrote in message
om...