Time for "What are you stitching?"

Old June 25th 14, 11:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shirley

Default Time for "What are you stitching?"

On 25/06/2014 10:33, wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 18:36:54 -0700 (PDT), Ruth
wrote:

I'm still working on MLI's "Celtic Noel". Seems I've been working on it forever. Hard to get comfortable to stitch with the back problems and the stand I got in order to stitch from the recliner does not work. One of these days I will finish it, just not holding my breath that it will be done soon.

What sort of stand do you have ? Likely someone can make a suggestion
who has a similar problem.

I use a Lowery stand with my recliner

http://www.sewandso.co.uk/ran1194-0.html

--
Shirley
www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old June 25th 14, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruth[_4_]

wrote:

I'm still working on MLI's "Celtic Noel". Seems I've been working on it forever. Hard to get comfortable to stitch with the back problems and the stand I got in order to stitch from the recliner does not work. One of these days I will finish it, just not holding my breath that it will be done soon.

What sort of stand do you have ? Likely someone can make a suggestion

who has a similar problem.

I went and bought a Ergo a couple of years ago and never could get it to work right. It's too low for the recliner and because I use QSnaps it really doesn't grip them all too well. Right now I'm only using the chart stand attached to it, and I don't think my husband would appreciate me spending more money on another stand right so soon after I bought that one. So, I've been getting in about 10 to 15 stitches a day using my old stand which I bought about 13 years ago.So long ago I have forgotten which one it is. LOL. I wasn't pleased at all with the Ergo, it took a long time to get, and the extra easel stand has already cracked due to trying to secure it without it moving around on the stand. Oh well,mistakes are what make us human.
Old June 25th 14, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 6/24/2014 1:06 PM, wrote:
Here is a link to the Maple Leaves

http://jecstore.com/index.php/fabric...l#.U6m9ctq9KSM

That's quite a dramatic piece!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old June 25th 14, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kay Lancaster

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 06:16:36 -0700 (PDT), Ruth wrote:

I went and bought a Ergo a couple of years ago and never could get it to work right. It's too low for the recliner and because I use QSnaps it really doesn't grip them all too well. Right now I'm only using the chart stand attached to it, and I don't think my husband would appreciate me spending more money on another stand right so soon after I bought that one. So, I've been getting in about 10 to 15 stitches a day using my old stand which I bought about 13 years ago.So long ago I have forgotten which one it is. LOL. I wasn't pleased at all with the Ergo, it took a long time to get, and the extra easel stand has already cracked due to trying to secure it without it moving around on the stand. Oh well,mistakes are what make us human.

You might consider trying to sell it on a group like "sew it's for sale":

Old June 26th 14, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 6/25/2014 4:42 PM, Kay Lancaster wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 06:16:36 -0700 (PDT), Ruth wrote:

I went and bought a Ergo a couple of years ago and never could get it to work right.

You might consider trying to sell it on a group like "sew it's for sale":

There's also rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace.

Old June 27th 14, 11:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rich[_3_]

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 15:38:17 -0500, Joan Erickson
wrote:

We haven't had this topic for awhile, so thought it was time again.

I am working on "Jack" by Ross Originals, a terrier puppy with a
slipper. The head and ears have so many color changes its slow going
right now. It looks like the rest of the piece will go fast once I get
past the head.

Rich
Old July 2nd 14, 01:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

I've been doing some beading and have been working on a piece from a
round robin from Celebrations. Honestly just too easily distracted of
late to stitch. Just busy with other bits of life.
Brought a bunch of stitching with me to go to VA (where I stayed with
Ellice K and saw all to briefly Donna L), but neglected to bring a frame
or hoop and some how managed to need on for all of them.

Old July 2nd 14, 10:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 7/2/14, 8:14 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jul 2014 06:58:33 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 7/2/14, 6:32 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 20:06:43 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

I've been doing some beading and have been working on a piece from a
round robin from Celebrations. Honestly just too easily distracted of
late to stitch. Just busy with other bits of life.
Brought a bunch of stitching with me to go to VA (where I stayed with
Ellice K and saw all to briefly Donna L), but neglected to bring a frame
or hoop and some how managed to need on for all of them.

So how are they ? That's a law that what you don't have with you is
surely what you will need lol

The day I saw Donna, she was recovering from food poisoning. She's doing
mostly needlepoint/canvas work these days and being the dotting
grandmother to an adorable baby girl.

Ellice is doing okay - we had fun going to her local shop (Needlewoman
East) and to a few bead stores.

DD (aka Miss E) went to a lacrosse goalie camp, in Roanoke VA, just for
girls and loved it.

It was a hellishly long ride down - flying just doesn't work with all
stuff needed and then changing of planes.

Did go see the Black Dog Salvage - it's the outfit that Salvage Dawgs is
based on. (I'm really into upcycling )

I feel tired just thinking about your trip lol It's the same thing
with the bridge tournament in Gatlinburg,Tn, terrible place to get to
by air so even though it's long, driving is better.

tbe good news is next year, she can help with the drive!
Old July 3rd 14, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 7/2/2014 5:35 PM, wrote:

That might be good - some of my more embarrassing moments were when my
younger daughter was learning to drive lol

Hey! They were supposed to be *her* embarrassing moments! What were
you doing usurping her glory days???? lol