2-man retreat

Old November 13th 13, 08:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Default 2-man retreat

So, just decided with my friend, that we are having our own little
retreat on Saturday. Some would simply call it a sewing day, but we're
going all out!

Not sure what we are doing yet - she is a beginner, I've been out for
about a year, and we just have one day. I think placemats, because the
size is good and doable, and we can then use whatever technique(s) we like.

I might bring along a baby quilt that is 10 months late already...

Hanne in DK
Old November 13th 13, 01:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Good for you!
Wish I could do that. I feel like an island here, not knowing anyone in my town who can meet up for sewing. Looking forward to next March for my 3 day retreat in Buellton!

Ginger in CA

Old November 13th 13, 06:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patricia Storey

oh, that sounds like fun, Hanne.
I hope you manage to do as much as you hope. As I have just discovered,
there is nothing quite like it for making you feel good.
If the beginner can finish a placemat she will feel she is well on the
way to a quilt - which, of course, she is!
Are you still doing scouts?

Pat on the green
..
In article , says...

Old November 13th 13, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patricia Storey

Oh that is a shame. I am lucky here that, within about 10 miles, there
are several people I could sew with - aside from the group meetings, if
I wanted to.
March may seem like a long way off; but, the way time is rushing these
days, it'll pass like lightning g

Pat on the green
..
In article ,
says...

Old November 14th 13, 06:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

She said she did a table runner a couple of years back, so I think
placemats should be doable :-) We'll see. Just hanging out is actually
important, as we have both been travelling too much the last couple of
months.

Yes to scouts - my pack is doing just fine here in Copenhagen (29 boys
now, up from 4 a year and a half ago), it is hard work but also very
rewarding. I continue to support the older scouts mostly on district and
Summer camps (did 4 weeks total at two different camps this summer), and
just got my OA brotherhood 2 weeks ago, for those of you who care about
that.

I can't imagine life without scouting, and actually my sewing buddy is
also my scout buddy :-)

Hanne in DK

Den 13-11-2013 19:09, Patricia Storey skrev:
oh, that sounds like fun, Hanne.
I hope you manage to do as much as you hope. As I have just discovered,
there is nothing quite like it for making you feel good.
If the beginner can finish a placemat she will feel she is well on the
way to a quilt - which, of course, she is!
Are you still doing scouts?

Pat on the green
.
In article , says...

Old November 14th 13, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL[_2_]

Congratulations on your OA status. That is indeed an honor.

Mary

Old November 16th 13, 10:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Thank you, and yes indeed, sometimes scouting takes over a bit too much,
but some periods are more quiet :-)

Hanne in DK

Den 14-11-2013 09:19, Patricia Storey skrev:
Gosh, Hanne, scouting is turning into a part-time job! Good for you.
What an achievement to get such a huge number increase. Wow!
How nice that you share both interests with your friend.
Have a wonderful day on Saturday.

Pat on the green
.
In article , says...

Old November 16th 13, 10:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

Thank you, Mary. In some ways, nothing changed, yet at the same time,
everything did!

Hanne in DK

wrote:

[...]

I'm going on a retreat! Estelle Gallagher Quilting 11 November 2nd 06 09:16 AM
What do you do on a retreat? Janner Quilting 13 November 22nd 05 02:55 AM
Retreat! frood Quilting 10 November 19th 05 06:31 PM
Off to a retreat Lenore Lawrence Quilting 2 October 14th 04 06:23 PM
Trick or "RETREAT" - Pittsburgh Polymer Clay Retreat Shayla Anthony Polymer Clay 6 October 20th 03 01:35 AM