Prewound bobbins

Old July 5th 11, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Default Prewound bobbins

I think they're the greatest thing around!!! Do any of you use them? Since
the thread is fine, they last forever! They're fantastic when doing
free-motion quilting.....less stops to change the bobbin. My sewing machine
repair guy gave me one to try, and I went back and bought a box of 100!
They averaged 30 cents each! They make no lint, and they have a small
magnet (don't freak out - it doesn't affect computer machines) that keeps
down the whiplash in the bobbin case. Just wondered if anyone else has
discovered these marvels?

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old July 5th 11, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian[_3_]

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 10:15:41 -0400, Alice in PA wrote:

I think they're the greatest thing around!!! Do any of you use them?
Since the thread is fine, they last forever! They're fantastic when
doing free-motion quilting.....less stops to change the bobbin. My
sewing machine repair guy gave me one to try, and I went back and bought
a box of 100! They averaged 30 cents each! They make no lint, and they
have a small magnet (don't freak out - it doesn't affect computer
machines) that keeps down the whiplash in the bobbin case. Just
wondered if anyone else has discovered these marvels?

I have often considered looking into them. I hate winding bobbins. I
need to stop, unthread my machine (the thread has to follow a different
path for regular sewing than for bobbin winding), the rethread it. At 30
cents each, they sound like they would be more than worth it.

Brian Christiansen.
Old July 5th 11, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

I haven't used them on my DSM, but I use them on my longarm a lot. I
especially like the magnetized ones - they have prevented a lot of birds
nests on the back!

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old July 5th 11, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IEZ[_2_]

"Alice in PA" wrote in message
I think they're the greatest thing around!!! Do any of you use them? Since
the thread is fine, they last forever! They're fantastic when doing
free-motion quilting.....less stops to change the bobbin. My sewing
machine repair guy gave me one to try, and I went back and bought a box of
100! They averaged 30 cents each! They make no lint, and they have a small
magnet (don't freak out - it doesn't affect computer machines) that keeps
down the whiplash in the bobbin case. Just wondered if anyone else has
discovered these marvels?

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

I've used NEBs in my embroidery machines for years. They give a much better
quality embroidery than any bobbins I wound on my own. And if you buy them
in bulk they're cheap, probably about what you paid. I've never seen any
with magnets, though. What brand are they?

Iris

Old July 5th 11, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Do they come in cotton?
Brian, why not get a 2nd spool for bobbin winding? No need to cut the
top thread.
Roberta in D

Old July 5th 11, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

The ones I use are cotton, and good quality, too. I love them.
however, I have never seen ones with magnets in, neither have I been
able to buy them so cheaply. Mine cost 75p each, so that's about a
$US.

I'll have to look about.

Nel
(GQ)
Old July 5th 11, 05:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

I just checked the box. They are Fil-tec brand, poly white, magna-glide
bobbins, with 135 yards per bobbin. They have a "patented magnetic core
bobbin" . Plus, you can save the magnetic "cores" and return them to be
recycled for free. Here's a link to the bobbins I have, even though I do not
have an embroidery machine.
http://www.fil-tec.com/thread/magnafolder/index.html

Old July 5th 11, 05:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

I just double-checked. I paid $32.00 for 100 bobbins. I just can't tell you
how much I'm enjoying them! I use them for piecing and quilting. NAYY!

Old July 5th 11, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

In looking at the website to write this post, I realized that I was supposed
to remove the anti-back lash spring from my bobbin case before installing
the bobbin. Oops, never did that, and they work fine! I have a Babylock
Quest.

Old July 5th 11, 07:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Alice in PA" wrote in message
I think they're the greatest thing around!!! Do any of you use them? Since
the thread is fine, they last forever! They're fantastic when doing
free-motion quilting.....less stops to change the bobbin. My sewing
machine repair guy gave me one to try, and I went back and bought a box of
100! They averaged 30 cents each! They make no lint, and they have a small
magnet (don't freak out - it doesn't affect computer machines) that keeps
down the whiplash in the bobbin case. Just wondered if anyone else has
discovered these marvels?

I got some from e-bay a good while back and I still have a lot left. I'd
never heard of a magnet though. I like mine! Some of the loose ones I got
do not fit my SM bobbin holder and I use them on top.
Barbara in SC