Your patriotic DUTY

Old July 3rd 11, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Your patriotic DUTY

Nevermind what country you're in, everywhere seems to be having an economic
crisis. It is your civic duty to find a great 4th of July sale and buy some
fabric. The amount doesn't matter; just one yard counts. Fly your flag and
grill some hamburgers and Help a quilt shop stay in business. Small
businesses need your support.
I challenge you to one-up me in patriotism. I found a glorious Hoffman
Bali Batik in a red that will be wonderful in a Wounded Warriors quilt for
only $6 per yard.
Beat that if you can. And let us know what you found.
Enable? Me? sure. Polly

Old July 3rd 11, 05:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Okay, I will.
And as they take my money I will say "Polly made me do it!" )
Flag flies every day. Chicken, no hamburgers.

Ginger in CA

Old July 3rd 11, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Most of our little lqs are out of business. I did get a flyer that M &L in
Anaheim is
having a sale all next week. 20% off everything.

The economic crisis hit hard here in our 'hood yesterday. House next door
folk got
evicted. Very sad thing even with crappy neighbors. (I mean really crappy
they
never realized they should clean up after their dogs) We should be used to
foreclosures
here since there have been so many but every time just seems worse than the
last.
So many people is a bad way. : (

I better find a shop online to buy from to do my part.
Taria

Old July 4th 11, 12:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Taria, a person in this town, who was going to be evicted by the
Sherrif's Dept at 8AM, committed suicide this past Fri morning in the
house he was in when they came knocking. When they finally got in,
they couldn't find him from all the hoarding he had done.

We have two fabric stores: one is high end and caters to some very
pricey fabric and even higher priced classes. They keep "bankers'
hours" so the only time I can get in is a Sat morning.

The other one has been around for 50 years, owned by the surviving
brother of a duo originally from New York. So I followed Polly's
challenge. Got a yard of Kaufman's fusions in medium gold for $5.99
from their flat fold table. When she went to measure it out, out fell
a smaller piece . "How much will I be able to get that little piece
for? It's not a yard, kinda hard to know what to do with that!" [It
was 2/3 yd!] So she threw that in for $2.60!!! SCORE!!! Polly, ya
woulda been so proud of me!

Ginger in CA
going to set up to sew tomorrow!

Old July 4th 11, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

I have been doing my part to encourage the local quilt stores for
several weeks. Most will be closed tomorrow but I will have a little
free time on Tuesday so should be able to "shop for Polly". Tomorrow I
will be sewing between bites of hot dogs. I thought my friend was
moving July 30 but last week she changed the date to July 15th. Of
course her quilt isn't finished. This is someone really special moving
many miles away and I just had to make her a very special quilt to
remember her crazy quilting friend. Problem is I kept debating with
myself as to the perfect pattern to represent our friendship and time
has gotten away from me. Finally decided on a Blooming Nine Patch in
her favorite colors. Of course now that the top is coming together I
wish I had used more lights in the center and less mediums but with
only a two days before it must be to the long arm quilter I can't take
the time to change anything. Just keep pushing those squares through
the machine. Susan

Old July 4th 11, 01:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
betsey

i'm trying very hard to use fabric from my stash...so, i bought a
quilt magazine and signed up for a class at the local LQS.....
Old July 4th 11, 02:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Good work on the fabric score!
That is a tragic story. What a nightmare.
RIP to the fellow.

Taria

Old July 4th 11, 10:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DebbieRae

I bought 4.5 yards of Dr. Seuss (another American institution!) fabric
from a quilt shop's 4th of July sale, and went to my favorite on-line
cross-stitch shop and bought 7 patterns & a candy cane button on her
Christmas in July sale this weekend. DH is at the store picking up
hamburger and apple (2nd choice cherry) pie right now!
--
Debbie/MN

Old July 4th 11, 11:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

I did it - but not at a LQS, as they were all closed today. I did,
however, find a great sale online and bought red, white, and blue fabric
for a top for Quilts of Valor. And I even bought the backing. If it had
been full price, it would have been about $100. Sale price was $59. I
feel good!

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old July 5th 11, 12:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Louise in Iowa" I did it - but not at a LQS, as they were all closed
today. I did,
however, find a great sale online and bought red, white, and blue fabric
for a top for Quilts of Valor. And I even bought the backing. If it had
been full price, it would have been about $100. Sale price was $59. I feel
good!

Louise in Iowa

Glad you got such a good buy! I love a bargain!
Barbara, the tightwad in SC

Patriotic Purse joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 6 April 30th 08 03:49 AM
Patriotic quilt finished Terbear Quilting 8 July 31st 05 01:11 AM
patriotic fabric DrQuilter Quilting 3 March 28th 05 07:00 PM
Patriotic quilt...finally!!! Terbear Quilting 7 March 21st 05 12:23 AM
patriotic themes Fireflower Quilting 1 October 14th 03 08:07 PM