Another experiment with Clorox Bleach Pen

Old March 25th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Another experiment with Clorox Bleach Pen

For those of you interested in this process, I tried another experiment
with both of the two tips and the "spread factor". Also, the batik I
used was pre-washed and dried with a fabric softener sheet. I don't
know if the softener has any effect on the final results. The first
two pics are the experiment-

http://community.webshots.com/album/548883569TVnECW

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old March 25th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article .com,
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote:

For those of you interested in this process, I tried another experiment
with both of the two tips and the "spread factor". Also, the batik I
used was pre-washed and dried with a fabric softener sheet. I don't
know if the softener has any effect on the final results. The first
two pics are the experiment-

http://community.webshots.com/album/548883569TVnECW

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Gosh, Leslie -- those are beautiful!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old March 26th 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

cool thanks for the pics of this experiment! it's very interesting!

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old March 26th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks, Leslie, I've been wondering how these pens would work since they
hit the market. I think they would be fun for teens to decorate their
jeans with. Sure would have been easier than the way I did it in the
60s. I'd lay the jeans in the bathtub and drizzle drops of regular
Clorox on them to make designs, then get on the sewing machine and "peg"
them so the pants were so tight we could barely walk. We thought we were
so coool.

Denise

Old July 6th 11, 08:39 AM
jamiej jamiej is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in NH View Post
Thanks, Leslie, I've been wondering how these pens would work since they
hit the market. I think they would be fun for teens to decorate their
jeans with. Sure would have been easier than the way I did it in the
60s. I'd lay the jeans in the bathtub and drizzle drops of regular
Clorox on them to make designs, then get on the sewing machine and "peg"
them so the pants were so tight we could barely walk. We thought we were
so coool.

Denise
I really enjoy it