Your patriotic DUTY

Old July 5th 11, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Default Your patriotic DUTY

Taria
Mother Nature is contributing her thunder boomers and flash floods to
the holiday. Hope it doesn't reach your area.

Better to get it all out of the way this weekend. Next weekend the
Prince William and Kate entourage will be nearby at the "charitable"
polo match [heck, reservations in the VIP seating is $4,000/seat, and
they have sold 1,000 of them!]. Personally, I think that whole area
will be quite the mess of traffic and people, since there is also a
Gay/Lesbian/Bi/Transgender Pride Festival scheduled nearby on the same
day.

Ginger in CA
very hot and muggy

On Jul 4, 6:36*am, "Taria" wrote:
Good work on the fabric score!
That is a tragic story. *What a nightmare.
RIP to the fellow.

Taria

"Ginger in CA" *wrote in ...

Taria, a person in this town, who was going to be evicted by the
Sherrif's Dept at 8AM, committed suicide this past Fri morning in the
house he was in when they came knocking. When they finally got in,
they couldn't find him from all the hoarding he had done.

We have two fabric stores: one is high end and caters to some very
pricey fabric and even higher priced classes. They keep "bankers'
hours" so the only time I can get in is a Sat morning.

The other one has been around for 50 years, owned by the surviving
brother of a duo originally from New York. So I followed Polly's
challenge. Got a yard of Kaufman's fusions in medium gold for $5.99
from their flat fold table. When she went to measure it out, out fell
a smaller piece . "How much will I be able to get that little piece
for? It's not a yard, kinda hard to know what to do with that!" [It
was 2/3 yd!] So she threw that in for $2.60!!! SCORE!!! Polly, ya
woulda been so proud of me!

Ginger in CA
going to set up to sew tomorrow!

Old July 5th 11, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

And from another tightwad - I found aurifil at Carmen Warehouse for $6 - but
they only have 'interesting' colors. They do have whale which is a nice
goes with nearly everything sort of gray. Naturally, my need was black and
white. Found them at Red Rock; $40 for 4 including shipping. Not a great
bargain but bearable. Aurifil makes my Bernina happy and we do want her to
be happy. Polly

"Bobbie Sews More" wrote in message
m...

"Louise in Iowa" I did it - but not at a LQS, as they were all closed
today. I did,
however, find a great sale online and bought red, white, and blue fabric
for a top for Quilts of Valor. And I even bought the backing. If it had
been full price, it would have been about $100. Sale price was $59. I
feel good!

Louise in Iowa

Glad you got such a good buy! I love a bargain!
Barbara, the tightwad in SC

Old July 5th 11, 03:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

It got here. Rain, thunder and lightning. It is wonderful. It has been so
hot
this was a welcome change. It was too hot to bbq so the rain just provided
entertainment.
That parade kinda sounds like it only leaves out old fashioned straight
people. lol
Taria

Old July 5th 11, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

Polly,

Have you ever considered buying the aurifil on the large cones? I found it
at a quilt show last year. It's cheaper than the spools, and it lasts
forever! I've used it a lot, and the cone is not noticibly smaller.

I went to JoAnne's and bought fabric, interfacing and batting for craft
projects....I head up a craft meeting every other Wednesday for our church
ladies. We make various things to sell at a church bazaar in November. By
the way, I'm always looking for ideas for easy-to-make crafts!!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
[...]

Patriotic Purse joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 6 April 30th 08 03:49 AM
Patriotic quilt finished Terbear Quilting 8 July 31st 05 01:11 AM
patriotic fabric DrQuilter Quilting 3 March 28th 05 07:00 PM
Patriotic quilt...finally!!! Terbear Quilting 7 March 21st 05 12:23 AM
patriotic themes Fireflower Quilting 1 October 14th 03 08:07 PM