'new' fabric

Old October 26th 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
AK&DStrohl

Default 'new' fabric

I was just perusing the www.denverfabrics.com site and I came across a
fabric type that I had never heard of before. Silk Gazar. It looks almost
cloudlike. Can't tell if it is translucent/transparent/opague. Soft hand
or fimer/crisper?
Does anyone know?
AK in PA

Old October 26th 06, 07:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design

"AK&DStrohl" wrote in message
I was just perusing the www.denverfabrics.com site and I came
across a fabric type that I had never heard of before. Silk
Gazar. It looks almost cloudlike. Can't tell if it is
translucent/transparent/opague. Soft hand or fimer/crisper?
Does anyone know?
AK in PA

When I had to decide between three shades of "purple" satin a
couple of years ago, I ordered denverfabrics.com swatches:

http://www.denverfabrics.com/pages/s...ch-program.htm

Only way to be sure, IMHO.

NAYY,

Beverly

Old October 26th 06, 10:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kay Lancaster

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:53:54 -0400, AK&DStrohl wrote:
I was just perusing the www.denverfabrics.com site and I came across a
fabric type that I had never heard of before. Silk Gazar. It looks almost
cloudlike. Can't tell if it is translucent/transparent/opague. Soft hand
or fimer/crisper?

Openweave, fairly firm, silk gauze.
Old October 27th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
AK&DStrohl

I came across a
fabric type that I had never heard of before. Silk Gazar. It looks
almost
cloudlike. Can't tell if it is translucent/transparent/opague. Soft
hand
or fimer/crisper?

Openweave, fairly firm, silk gauze.

Thanks for the help,