My 2005 mission

Old January 12th 05, 01:59 AM

Default My 2005 mission

I generally don't make any New Year resolutions, but this year I'm making an
exception. My resolution is to complete at three old projects! And NOT to
start a new one until those are done. I'm 1/3 of the way through one of
those projects keep me motivated!

Sandra

Old January 12th 05, 01:58 PM
JiminyCricket

You can do it! Last year I completed 5 or 6 projects in various stages of
being WIPs -- and framed all but one! I also finished 4 sweaters (knitting
and crocheting). I had accumulated/created a huge stage of WIPs -- and
business didn't look good & $$ was pretty tightly rationed... so I told
myself I'd finish up stuff and RESIST the urge to buy more and more and more
(did pretty good on the buying except for beads & floss needed to finish
needlework & yarn-yarn-yarn on sale). I didn't do as good on the pledge to
not start anything new... but I only started projects that I had all the
materials for AND I actually dissassembled 2 sweaters that were miles too
large or just plain icky -- one of them is the body tube for a sweater
knitted in the round -- next... sleeves!!

Old January 12th 05, 03:28 PM
Leigh Harris

How's this for motivation? I started to cross stitch a teddy bear alphabet
for someone's 3rd birthday. Gave up on that idea as it would never get done
in time (she got something else as a present). Decided to finish and keep it
for my own kids. They never came, so I decided to just keep it for myself as
I love teddies. After all that, I had it not quite finished off for quite
some time. On Monday, I finally put a border and backing on it and turned it
into a wallhanging. I also did the same with a small companion piece that
went with it. They are finally finished and up on my wall.

By the way, that three year old will turn 15 this year! :-)

--
Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia

wrote