Have I lost it?

Old October 19th 04, 07:01 AM
starlia

Default Have I lost it?

I feel so lost lately. Yes my health issues have been affecting me working
at all but I just feel lost. I can't make anything that looks worth a darn
and my interest is severely lacking.

I know I haven't lost it for good because I'm fascinated with glass. The
chemistry, the feel, the different looks, everything about it holds my
attention usually. I just made three little beads and that was it. All
that time warming up the kiln, getting the oxycons working, etc. and three
beads.

I think I need a small trip to Mexico or something like that. It's only
about a three hour drive to the border and bus tickets are cheap across the
border. I wonder if DH would miss me for a few days if I took a little
rest? Or better yet, maybe Trinkett and I need to go camp out on the beach
for a few days. Once again about a 2 1/2 hour trip. If I went to Corpus I
don't even have to sleep on the beach.

Do trips make you particularly inspired? I know the ocean always clears any
funk I have built up. Mexico always makes me happy too because of the
culture and art. My Spanish is lousy but I always seem to make it okay. My
home away from home, San Miguel de Allende is only a 12 hour bus trip from
the border.

If you guys don't hear from me for a few days you'll know where I am. I
doubt I wouldn't let you guys know ahead of time but you never know what
I'll wake up and do. :-)

Oh, and if I could manage to make it to Alaska to visit the girls I would be
in heaven. I dreamed of Alaska last night and of my daughters. I miss them
so much they invade my dreams almost every night.

Old October 19th 04, 08:03 AM
Su/Cutworks

HUGS!!!

No, you haven't lost anything. You're just coping with stuff, a lot of
stuff all at once.

The glass is always there when you're ready. It's a problem when you work
from home because there is no separation of you and work, so you can't have
any structured time away from it unless you make yourself do it.

Oh, and if I could manage to make it to Alaska to visit the girls I would

be
in heaven. I dreamed of Alaska last night and of my daughters. I miss

them
so much they invade my dreams almost every night.

Me too, Starlia. I miss my girls so much that I never stop thinking about
them.

Give yourself some free time and don't be so hard on yourself. We're our
own worst critics and enemies, but you have a lot of people here who care
very much about you.

Take a break and you'll be even better when you come back.

-Su

Old October 19th 04, 10:21 AM
Beadbimbo

Maybe a get-a-way is just what you need!

How old are your daughters? Do you get to see them often? I realize
Alaska's a long way from Texas.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old October 19th 04, 12:53 PM
~Candace~

Burnout, sweetie. You'd been putting out some killer stuff, and now your
muse needs time to recharge. Have you tried working in a different medium
lately? I mean other than "that other project" heeheehee.
Or maybe this is a good time to catch up on some reading? Or perhaps do
some winter prep in the flower beds? Maybe paint a room in your house?

A trip sounds heavenly, and I'd join you if I could. I've never been to
Mexico, and from what my mother tells me, there are many good reasons to go.

I'm so sorry you're missing the girls so much. Why not start a journal
letter or two...where you write a little bit each day, or a couple times a
day, and mail it off after a week or two? That way, you could include them
in on your daily activites. Perhaps asking them to do the same would be a
good idea, too. I know they miss you too. If you were my mom, I'd be nuts
without you around.

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old October 19th 04, 02:21 PM
Carol in SLC

I know the ocean always clears any funk I have built up. Mexico always
makes me happy too because of the culture and art.

I totally agree, Starlia!! Hope you get away and feel reinspired when you
return!

Carol in SLC
Some of my stuff: http://members.aol.com/cahslc/heart1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/cahslc/heart.jpg
http://members.aol.com/cahslc/schermo2.jpg
http://members.aol.com/cahslc/schermo3.jpg
Old October 19th 04, 03:33 PM
Margie

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 01:01:42 -0500, "starlia"
wrote:

If you guys don't hear from me for a few days you'll know where I am. I
doubt I wouldn't let you guys know ahead of time but you never know what
I'll wake up and do. :-)

Everyone needs some down time especially muses! Now don't be
confusing this with sick time. Take time, relax your soul for a bit.
We'll be here when you get back waiting to hear where you went and
what you did, Starlia.

--
Margie
"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our

Old October 19th 04, 04:56 PM
starlia

Now I have a dang job interview tomorrow. Money has been super tight so I
need to get my butt in gear and get going to help make the mortgage etc.

I don't get to see the girls all that often. Maybe once a year if I'm
lucky. Ex-h is a real asshole and the girls are busy. Heather is 17 and
now in college and Meghan is turning 15 in November.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old October 19th 04, 05:02 PM
starlia

Thank you for that Candace.

I know they miss you too. If you were my mom, I'd be nuts without you
around.

Mexico is a lot of fun once you get used to seeing military men with weapons
all over the place. It's very different. It's so cheap to stay in a really
nice place and eating is even less expensive. I think I've rented nice
rooms for $8 a night and had meals under $2.50 for the day. That does not
include my Coca-cola habit there. They use real sugar in their drinks.
Yummy. Even those are a buck for a huge one.

Old October 19th 04, 05:09 PM
Sjpolyclay

I feel so lost lately. Yes my health issues have been affecting me working
at all but I just feel lost. I can't make anything that looks worth a darn
and my interest is severely lacking.

that is SO often the case when the body is busy---whether healing, pregnant,
whatever. You are BUSY right now, m'dear---its ok not to have the energy and
interests you used to---they'll be back. And you may feel lost, but you are
right where you are. You are connected with all that you love, even without
sight or touch.
hugs to ya,

Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old October 19th 04, 05:33 PM
bluemaxx

We all go through a lack of interest phase. Sometimes it last days,
sometimes it lasts longer. Do whatever you have to do to feel
better... except neglect your health! But please don't go anywhere far
away until your shots, etc., ankle is healed.

--
Linda
Visit my eBay Auctions - http://snipurl.com/twolegz

:
[...]

---

OT..She lost her battle with IBC. Ray DeVous Beads 20 June 4th 04 03:16 PM
Argh - lost a whole droolworthy list. Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 2 January 10th 04 04:55 PM
Barbara - Lost Wax Casting CLP Beads 0 August 26th 03 02:48 AM
i've lost my puppy llaa1100 Beads 1 July 1st 03 03:26 AM