Fusing Glass Discussions

Old June 6th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default Fusing Glass Discussions

"Moonraker" wrote in message
. ..

"Javahut" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

Adrian Brentnall wrote:

Any comments for or against these models - or suggestions for an
alternative...?

Contact me and I'll get you a superior kiln at a superior price.

Be sure and ask him about the warranty and who pays for the shipping

back
if
it needs warranty work, or who pays for it to be serviced at your place

in
warranty situation.

Oh, you might also want to ask for references of other happy customers.
That shouldn't be too long of a list.
It would be especially entertaining to have a list of those on this news
group who have done business with Dennis. Anybody? anybody at all?

Still waiting for my 900 degree tip...

--

JK Sinrod
www.sinrodstudios.com

Old June 6th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Still waiting for my 900 degree tip...
JK Sinrod
www.sinrodstudios.com
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

Contact these folks. Last I heard, they still had some for sale.
http://www.glasssmith.ca/

Also, try Hollander/Kaleido Glass in Mississauga, Ontario or Cat's
Glass in St. Catherines, Ontario. We Canucks have been working with
900 tips for years.

Dennis Brady

Victorian Art Glass - http://www.victorianartglass.biz
DeBrady Glass - http://www.debrady.com
Glass Campus - http://www.glasscampus.com

Old June 6th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

We Canucks have been working with
900 tips for years.

Dennis Brady

Hate to lump all "Canucks" into the same tub, but .......

That's because what the rest of the world does efficiently with less waste,
the "Canucks", or at least this one, needs extra help with. Don't think
that is anything to brag about. But then consider the source, folks.......

Darn, and I said I was going to ignore this pompous ass.... tough to do...

Old June 6th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

wrote in message
oups.com...

Still waiting for my 900 degree tip...
JK Sinrod

Contact these folks. Last I heard, they still had some for sale.
http://www.glasssmith.ca/

Also, try Hollander/Kaleido Glass in Mississauga, Ontario or Cat's
Glass in St. Catherines, Ontario. We Canucks have been working with
900 tips for years.

Dennis Brady

I tried everyone, and they tell me they don't exist. Don't you have ONE
extra one for me? Send it to the address on my website below with a bill.
Thanks!

Old June 6th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

I tried everyone, and they tell me they don't exist. Don't you have ONE
extra one for me? Send it to the address on my website below with a bill.
Thanks!

If none of those shops are willing to sell to you, you'll just have to
move up to a Hexacon and spent the time learning to solder at 960 deg.

Old June 7th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

wrote in message
oups.com...

I tried everyone, and they tell me they don't exist. Don't you have

ONE
extra one for me? Send it to the address on my website below with a

bill.
Thanks!

If none of those shops are willing to sell to you, you'll just have to
move up to a Hexacon and spent the time learning to solder at 960 deg.

Dennis Brady

I don't think you're paying attention to what I said. They will gladly
sell to me. They tell me those tips DO NOT exist. I have Hexagons. I want
the 900 Weller tip.

Old June 7th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

I don't think you're paying attention to what I said. They will gladly
sell to me. They tell me those tips DO NOT exist. I have Hexagons. I want
the 900 Weller tip.

.....and I KNOW you're not paying attention to what I said.

I have 900 tips but they are NOT for sale. I don't care who tells you
they don't exist. They do exist - I still have at least a dozen.
Anyone that disbelieves their existence is free to visit our shop to
see them personally - and can even try soldering with one.

For products that we do have for sale, consult our website catalog.
Victorian Art Glass - http://www.victorianartglass.biz

To learn how to solder at the speeds required to work with high
temperature irons, we teach a "Soldering Clinic" class. A video
version of this class will soon be available online.
Glass Campus - http://www.glasscampus.com

Old June 7th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

wrote:
I don't think you're paying attention to what I said. They will gladly
sell to me. They tell me those tips DO NOT exist. I have Hexagons. I want
the 900 Weller tip.

....and I KNOW you're not paying attention to what I said.

I have 900 tips but they are NOT for sale. I don't care who tells you
they don't exist. They do exist - I still have at least a dozen.
Anyone that disbelieves their existence is free to visit our shop to
see them personally - and can even try soldering with one.

For products that we do have for sale, consult our website catalog.
Victorian Art Glass -
http://www.victorianartglass.biz

To learn how to solder at the speeds required to work with high
temperature irons, we teach a "Soldering Clinic" class. A video
version of this class will soon be available online.
Glass Campus - http://www.glasscampus.com

Just another ad. Are there not rules about this . . .
Get this bloviating bore off the internet!!! Brock

Old June 7th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Hi All

On 7 Jun 2006 11:41:39 -0700, wrote:

I don't think you're paying attention to what I said. They will gladly
sell to me. They tell me those tips DO NOT exist. I have Hexagons. I want
the 900 Weller tip.

....and I KNOW you're not paying attention to what I said.

I have 900 tips but they are NOT for sale. I don't care who tells you
they don't exist. They do exist - I still have at least a dozen.
Anyone that disbelieves their existence is free to visit our shop to
see them personally - and can even try soldering with one.

For products that we do have for sale, consult our website catalog.
Victorian Art Glass -
http://www.victorianartglass.biz

To learn how to solder at the speeds required to work with high
temperature irons, we teach a "Soldering Clinic" class. A video
version of this class will soon be available online.
Glass Campus - http://www.glasscampus.com

I ended up buying a 120V 100W temp controlled Weller iron - standard
700-degree tip. Running quite nicely over here in the UK via a 240 -
120V transformer (before anybody makes any clever comments !)

Only had a quick 'play' with it this afternoon - but I can confirm
that it's much more predictable than the Weller 80W (non-tc) I was
using before - quite a remarkable amount of heat available.
Nice light little iron - great stuff. Worked out about half the price
of buying the 240V version of the iron over here - including shipping
US - UK.

But can't imagine why anybody would want a hotter tip for
soldering....

...and anyway - what's the point of producing a video about how to use
irons with high-temperature soldering tips when there are only a dozen
of these things available (not even for sale!) in the known
universe...? Weller / Cooper stopped making the 900 tips - wonder what
that tells us ?

Very strange....

...especially from the man who told us all to 'adapt or die'....

Lamp oil, or nutty slack for steam engines - anybody ??

Adrian
Suffolk UK
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply

Craft of Stained Glass Work Vintage manual 1928 FA JaneyP Glass 0 March 4th 06 09:22 PM
Advice on kiln for small projects involving glass fusing and enamelling. Robyn Glass 13 January 5th 06 12:40 PM
SGG [email protected] Glass 2 December 6th 05 11:58 PM
Glass fusing classes in Fort Worth TX area Sue Seibert Glass 2 May 18th 04 01:51 PM