public access glassblowing in Austin, TX

Old May 4th 05, 08:58 PM
xav

Default public access glassblowing in Austin, TX

Does anybody know of a public-access glassblowing studio in or near
Austin, TX?
Is anyone trying to START one up? If, like me, you're interested but
haven't found a studio, please reply so we can get a head count...
maybe we can start something up!

Old May 5th 05, 01:35 AM
Mike Firth

There is no public access glassblowing studio in Texas. To the best of my
knowledge, there is no public access studio in any of the states touching
Texas. Glassblowers are few and far between in Texas. You might contact
Fire Island in Austin and see about renting time, typically a full day or
several. http://www.fireislandglass.com/html/contact.html

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website

oups.com...

Old June 1st 05, 04:16 AM
starlia

There is a glass blowing studio here in Austin who teaches. I'm not
sure the name of the studio but if you call Blue Moon Glassworks at
512-380-0770 they will have the information. I've been wanting to take
the classes but I've been busy with lampworking classes as of late.
You might also check out the Austin Fireflies meetings. We meet on the
last Saturday of the month at Blue Moon and there are several
glassblowers who come to the meetings.

Old June 10th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Im interested!!!! i know its been kinda long to get answers but heyyy...
start counting i want to open a public access glass studio in austin
texas!!!! how you like that???? we will see!!!!

Old June 11th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Sounds great, I fly into Austin twice a year.
I wonder how much your insurance is going to be.

--
Connie Ryman
Cryman Studio

lkaboutcrafting.com...

LQS's in Austin, TX? dogmom Quilting 1 May 20th 04 11:28 AM
Austin, TX: LNS recommendations? Threnody Needlework 5 March 9th 04 10:28 PM
small scale glassblowing with Nortel Minor Burner? Jean-Francois Theoret Glass 4 March 2nd 04 10:21 PM