Hello for Saturday Sunday mornings

Old September 5th 04, 04:06 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Default Hello for Saturday Sunday mornings

Good afternoon everybody - this is my weekend greeting - missed our morning
as it is now 12.45 pm. A lovely day and we are being very lazy - had our
coffee when we got home from Mass with chocolate coated snowballs ( do you
folk have those?) they are marshmallow covered in chocolate and coconut.
Frank and I used to eat them when we were courting and when I saw them in
the shop ( we always buy our vegetables fruit etc in a great little market
opposite the church) I bought a packet for Frank for father's day. OK I
know some of you have yours around June but we have our in September.

That is about all the news form her - I will do a 6x6 after lunch though
just to make me feel as though I have not been too lazy. Have a great week
end every body God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old September 5th 04, 04:40 AM
Katherine

Oh, my, Gwen! My mother used to love snowballs! I always bought them for
here. We could get them here in Labrador when she couldn't buy them anywhere
else. Memories!

Katherine

Old September 5th 04, 01:02 PM
Gwendoline Kelly

Memories ! Yes,Katherine, that is what I thought when I saw them - and we
have not had any for years so it was a real walk down memory lane. Then i
gave Frank the present Colleen sent him - and more memories!!! it was a CD
of Herp Albert and his Tiaguana ( ? spelling) Brass. We used to play the
record when they were tiny and Frank and the girls would dance for hours to
Zorba the Greek. Colleen said she saw it and thought of the wonderful times
they used to have. So all in all it was a real day of memories - such fun.
God bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old September 5th 04, 01:59 PM
Katherine

Good morning to everyone on this side of the pond. We are leaving shortly to
deliver Keith's family to the airport. They have been visiting for the last
ten days, which means that we have been eating non-stop. Now to get back to
normal! Actually, I have enough left-overs that I shouldn't need to cook for
a week! ANd that will mean that my fridge will get cleaned out, which is a
good thing.
It is gloriously sunny here today, but with a real fall nip in the air. When
we got up this morning, the cars were covered with frost, as was the grass.
I hope to take Wooly for a walk later - she has gotten as fat and lazy as
her owners! I tried to put on her red coat last night, to show Uncle Gary,
and we couldn't zip it up. So exercise is definitely in order!
Have a great day on RCTY.

Katherine

Old September 5th 04, 02:45 PM
spampot

Gwendoline Kelly wrote:
Good afternoon everybody - this is my weekend greeting - missed our morning
as it is now 12.45 pm. A lovely day and we are being very lazy - had our
coffee when we got home from Mass with chocolate coated snowballs ( do you
folk have those?) they are marshmallow covered in chocolate and coconut.
Frank and I used to eat them when we were courting and when I saw them in
the shop ( we always buy our vegetables fruit etc in a great little market
opposite the church) I bought a packet for Frank for father's day. OK I
know some of you have yours around June but we have our in September.

That is about all the news form her - I will do a 6x6 after lunch though
just to make me feel as though I have not been too lazy. Have a great week
end every body God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Good morning, and happy Labor Day eve to all. We'd hoped to have the
house open today but it's just humid enough to make it stuffy indoors
w/out the air-conditioning. This is where a whole-house fan would help.
While DH fries up the bacon for breakfast, I'm trying out the Oddball
sweater from the Threads collection book my sis surprised me with for my
birthday; it's a top-down sweater with the increases down the front,
back, and sleeve top, and you can use whatever color and texture yarns
you like for different rounds (as long as they all require the same
cleaning care!). I'm using the variegated Beatrice three-ply merino
that Ranee sent me -- it feels a bit heavy but it'll blend beautifully
with some other colors I have on hand. Thanks for putting me on to this
yarn, Ranee! I'm going to look for some more to make a jacket.
Fortunately I work in an office where people are always complaining
about how cold it is.

Yes, I SHOULD be out weeding the horrendously overgrown yard...but my
excuse is that, when closing up the house yesterday morning, I dropped
the window fan on my foot. Wearing shoes hurts. I'm sure I didn't
break anything, but I'm also sure that my foot needs lots of rest.
Old September 5th 04, 03:38 PM
JudyTurpin

Good morning. We are off to a football game today - not usually scheduled for
Sunday, but evidently they will be on tv so they work the schedule to fit into
the time slot. (Normally these university games are on Saturday afternoon.)
We will probably take the bus - they run shuttle buses to the game from the
park and ride in our town which saves on parking and avoids the holiday traffic
jams. (For those not in the US - this is Labor Day Weekend here when we get a
four day weekend which usually signals the end of summer and the beginning
school for the teachers and kids.)

We have been staying around home mostly to let in workmen etc as we are in the
process of repairing damage which accumulated from small earthquakes.
The chimney was starting to separate from the wall, so we are having it taken
down and are replacing the wood burning fireplace in the living room with one
of those gas log look-alikes. (We still have a real one in the family room) It
isn't a big job but it is taking a while to finish it.

I have been fooling around with kids ponchos lately. After I made one for
DGD#3 (and a little one for her doll), DGD#2 thought she wanted one too.
Haven't heard from the teen yet (DGD #1)- I suspect that will come if she sees
some at school.

I think we will have brunch today as we have to leave for the game around noon.
I should go make the coffee pretty soon, though. However, if I wait much
longer DH will do it. I got up first and headed for the computer this morning
to say hello.
JCT
Old September 5th 04, 05:54 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Gwendoline
Kelly" wrote:

Good afternoon everybody - this is my weekend greeting - missed our morning
as it is now 12.45 pm. A lovely day and we are being very lazy - had our
coffee when we got home from Mass with chocolate coated snowballs ( do you
folk have those?) they are marshmallow covered in chocolate and coconut.
Frank and I used to eat them when we were courting and when I saw them in
the shop ( we always buy our vegetables fruit etc in a great little market
opposite the church) I bought a packet for Frank for father's day. OK I
know some of you have yours around June but we have our in September.

That is about all the news form her - I will do a 6x6 after lunch though
just to make me feel as though I have not been too lazy. Have a great week
end every body God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Gwen and everyone else.....good morning from the westcoast of Canada, It
is a lovely day here, sweater weather.....just nice. I am listening to
Mosart....the film music from St. Martin in the Fields.....from the movie
Amadeus. Just to get me in the right frame of mind to weave my silk
scarf....

For everyone in North america...have a safe and wonderful long weekend.
And for all the teachers in the group, it will be back to school next
week. I know in Europe the schools have already started again. This year
will be the first school year for our GD Skye.....It will be a
continuation of daycare, in the same school, so it will be not all that
strange. Skye loves school.....(smile)

have a great weekend guys, drive safely

big hug from Vancouver Island

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old September 5th 04, 06:05 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Good morning to everyone on this side of the pond. We are leaving shortly to
deliver Keith's family to the airport. They have been visiting for the last
ten days, which means that we have been eating non-stop. Now to get back to
normal! Actually, I have enough left-overs that I shouldn't need to cook for
a week! ANd that will mean that my fridge will get cleaned out, which is a
good thing.
It is gloriously sunny here today, but with a real fall nip in the air. When
we got up this morning, the cars were covered with frost, as was the grass.
I hope to take Wooly for a walk later - she has gotten as fat and lazy as
her owners! I tried to put on her red coat last night, to show Uncle Gary,
and we couldn't zip it up. So exercise is definitely in order!
Have a great day on RCTY.

Katherine

Katherine, I can picture you tryingto get the red dog coat on wooly,
tongue sticking out getting the zip closed......LOL.

Sounds like Fall has arrived for you as well, and it looks like winter is
not far behind in your neck of the woods. Have a nice walk, I would come
with you, I have not been seriously walking for a long time, and need to
loose about 15 lbs.....so wait for me, I am coming....

Gwen, marshmellows with chocolate.....Otto would love them, the sweeter
the better.....I am not that fond of marshmellows...but our kids love
them, campfire and winter food by the wood stove......LOL. It is in the
same catagory as the pop corn I bought at the local Saturday market.
Popped in cornoil with a bit of salt and an edge of caramel. They are
made by a local family, and the two young daughters stand on the market
selling it. Lovely to munsh on, and so hard to stop eating, teeth all
stuck with bit of corn shell, and you get oh so thirsty......but oh so
yummy.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old September 5th 04, 06:10 PM
Els van Dam

In article , spampot
wrote:

[...]

Happy labour day to you as well, but not labouring in the
garden......LOL I can imagen, the weeds and the work. I had a long
session in our garden, last week, trimming our butterfly bush, high above
my head with a long pole trimmer. Ie nded up with a bum elbow. Ice, heat
and a tensor bandage helps, but I also use it as an excuse to bypass
certain dumb boring jobs. Take care of your foot, and happy knitting.

Els

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old September 5th 04, 06:16 PM
Els van Dam

In article ,
t (JudyTurpin) wrote:

[...]

Judy enjoy the game, smart move to go by bus....It must be very busy on
the highways today. Worst weekend here for traffic plug ups....ferries
are many sailings behind....but what else is new.

A gas fire will eliminate a chimney....and it is also much cleaner and
healther to burn, alsthough not as cozy as a wood fire. We are still
burning wood, but with Otto's ashma, that may ends soon as well. I take
that a gas fitter will do the job of installation for you. Still a mess
to be cleaned up. Good luck with it, it will look very nice once it as
all done. Have a great weekend and with the same nice weather we are
having.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome

Plebiscite vote on Sunday Shopping in NS Fred Needlework 76 October 23rd 04 01:16 AM
OT - Sunday School Jalynne Beads 39 August 18th 04 02:56 AM
Sunday morning coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 44 July 21st 04 03:31 AM
AD: Stamping Fibers, NEW sets, Ending SUNDAY & MONDAY 8 to 10pm EST Spot Rubberstamps 0 August 17th 03 11:35 PM