Art Quilt Pics

Old February 2nd 09, 02:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rick[_3_]

Default Art Quilt Pics

Hello everyone,

I received some pictures of the art quilts that are going to be
diplayed at our October festival. I had to share them. Honestly, I
wasn't expecting anything this exquisite. My personal favorite is
'Life Entwined'.

Here's the link - http://www.fiberartfest.com/faafOctQuilts.htm

Regards,

Rick Boesen
Olivet, MI
www.FiberArtFest.com
www.QueosCabezaFarm.com
Old February 2nd 09, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Thanks! Wish I could see more details!
Roberta in D

Old February 2nd 09, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rick[_3_]

wrote:
Hello everyone,

I received some pictures of the art quilts that are going to be
diplayed at our October festival. *I had to share them. *Honestly, I
wasn't expecting anything this exquisite. *My personal favorite is
'Life Entwined'.

Here's the link -http://www.fiberartfest.com/faafOctQuilts.htm

Regards,

Rick Boesen
Olivet, MI
www.FiberArtFest.com
www.QueosCabezaFarm.com- Hide quoted text -

What kind of details are you looking for?

Rick
Old February 2nd 09, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Just higher-resolution photos, or closeups of stitching details.
(Enlarging to 400% just makes it blurry.)
Roberta in D

Old February 2nd 09, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rick[_3_]

wrote:
Hello everyone,

I received some pictures of the art quilts that are going to be
diplayed at our October festival. *I had to share them. *Honestly, I
wasn't expecting anything this exquisite. *My personal favorite is
'Life Entwined'.

Here's the link -http://www.fiberartfest.com/faafOctQuilts.htm

Regards,

Rick Boesen
Olivet, MI
www.FiberArtFest.com
www.QueosCabezaFarm.com-Hide quoted text -

What kind of details are you looking for?

Rick- Hide quoted text -

I do have the original pictures. However, they are nearly 1 MB each
and thought it may difficult for people to download. I will see about
getting them on the website as a link instead of the actual picture.
This will allow thte page to load quickly but still allow people to
see the Hi Res image.

Rick
Old February 2nd 09, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Meanwhile, click on the Runs W/ Scissors face/pic for links
to artists' sites; there are a few more details,
and lots more art projects to see. Mmm- WOW!

Thanks, Rick!

R/Sandy

On 2/2/09 12:02 PM, in article
, "Rick"

Old February 3rd 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rick[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

Sandy,

I'm not sure if you can make it to the October event. But, we are
going to have a lot of Art Quilts there. If all goes well, some of
the artists will be there as well to answer questions and such.

It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get the Hi Res pics up
tonight. It is on my list of things to do.

Regards,

Rick
Old February 4th 09, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rick[_3_]

wrote:
Hello everyone,

I received some pictures of the art quilts that are going to be
diplayed at our October festival. *I had to share them. *Honestly, I
wasn't expecting anything this exquisite. *My personal favorite is
'Life Entwined'.

Here's the link -http://www.fiberartfest.com/faafOctQuilts.htm

Regards,

Rick Boesen
Olivet, MI
www.FiberArtFest.com
www.QueosCabezaFarm.com-Hide quoted text -

What kind of details are you looking for?

Rick- Hide quoted text -

Roberta,

I have added the Hi Res images from the Quilt Show page. Click on
each quilt image and a new page will appear with the Hi Res (500 KB to
650 KB) image. These are the original images that have not bee
tuoched up or shrunk any. Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Rick Boesen
Olivet, MI
www.FiberArtFest.com
www.QuesoCabezaFarm.com
Old February 4th 09, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Thanks Rick, exactly what I wanted! Also like Life Entwined, looks
like lots of felting. And the Red Bird, you can see she sewed on
little branches. Bit over the edge, IMO, but all mine have to be
washable :-)
Roberta in D

Old February 4th 09, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rick[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

www.QuesoCabezaFarm.com- Hide quoted text -

Well, these are Art Quilts vs. Washable Quilts. Although they could
be the same thing, I can see how they could be different as well. I'm
glad you enjoyed them.

Regards,

Rick Boesen
www.FiberArtFest.com