Halloween Necklace

Old September 21st 04, 07:37 PM
Diana Curtis

Default Halloween Necklace

On rcb a gal made a lovely set of lampworked cocoa bats and some black ones
too, that and all Candace's talk of Halloween things to create out of clay
led to the creation of the necklace in the polyclay folder at the following
url http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamom44/my_photos
It slips over the head so needed to be bigger than the few ornaments I could
squeeze out of my remaining clay would allow so the orange beads were made,
baked and strung with green and gold delica beads to make it long enough.
The intended recipient is pleased with it and so am I! Now, which elements
shall I make for a Christmas themed necklace? :-) What do you think of when
Christmas comes to mind?
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

Old September 21st 04, 08:09 PM
~Candace~

I am digging this festive piece, Diana! Your pun'kins are so cute, and the
ghosties and cats are adorable.
I'm thinking of making tiny ball ornaments for Christmas. And maybe wreath
pins

--
~Candace~

Orphan Beads ~low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader~
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Princess Auctions ~please see for most current updates and auction
information~
http://snipurl.com/8s8o

Old September 21st 04, 08:54 PM
Diana Curtis

oooh.. those would work great!
Im thinking candy canes... peppermint candies... reindeer...santa...
cranberries and popcorn garland...
Thanks Candace.. I knew if you and the gal getting it liked it then its
good. I like it too... it just never hurts to have a cheering section. :-)
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

m...

Old September 21st 04, 09:10 PM
~Candace~

Cheering section? Don't I know it! You shoulda seen me last night when I
showed DH my Goddess--he went ga-ga over her and I was ear to ear grins!

I should clarify what I mean by wreaths--we always had brown wreaths, not
green, when I was growing up, so that's what I think of when I say wreaths.
I could make lots n lots of tiny sticks and form them into wreath shapes
I wonder how hard a pine cone would be. I'm thinking it would be a modified
version of the 7 petal rose. What do you think? Perhaps sprinkled with
white glitter?

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
oooh.. those would work great!
Im thinking candy canes... peppermint candies... reindeer...santa...
cranberries and popcorn garland...
Thanks Candace.. I knew if you and the gal getting it liked it then its
good. I like it too... it just never hurts to have a cheering section. :-)
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but
let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

m...

Old September 21st 04, 09:22 PM
Diana Curtis

Pine cones would be awesome with a stick wreath!!! hmmm... all pinecones
are made in a spiral overlapping of plateletes... should be doable.. the
cigar shaped ones perhaps a bit easier than the scotch pine type... those
have that attractive pointy V at the end of each petal.. ... I think I need
to play with that idea.. the trick will be to get them small enough not to
be heavy.. large enough to make it identifiable. The glitter idea is
gooood... since im low on clay and will make my own from gold, red and blue
clays mine will be glittery anyway but that would add a touch of realism.
Any other obessive ideas? ;-)
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.
m...

Old September 21st 04, 09:25 PM
~Candace~

itsy bitsy gingerbread folks, tiny little mistletoe and berries, mini
stockings.....yeah, I got a few obsessive ideas

[...]

m...

Old September 22nd 04, 12:33 AM
Diana Curtis

I think I figured out how to make a pine cone... form the basic shape and
stick it on a skewer.. wood preferably so it wont roll around to much. Use a
straw cut lenghtwise or similarly round edged tool to cut the petals.. what
do you think?
Diana

Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but

let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.
m...

Old September 22nd 04, 05:00 AM
~Candace~

That sounds like a good idea for the long cone variety. I would try the
short, squaty kind...and I think I'd have to put it togeher just like a
rose.

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
I think I figured out how to make a pine cone... form the basic shape and
stick it on a skewer.. wood preferably so it wont roll around to much. Use
straw cut lenghtwise or similarly round edged tool to cut the petals..
what
do you think?
Diana

Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but

let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.
m...

Old September 22nd 04, 05:12 PM
Diana Curtis

I think youre right. Maybe we can swap elements?
A friend suggested an Easter necklace too.. jelly beans instead of candy
corn.. bunnies instead of skulls and pumpkins... flowers.. and a cross in
the middle. Thats going to be fun!
Another friend needs a dolphin necklace.. Im kind of stuck for what other
elements belong in a such a theme. Any ideas?
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.
"~Candace~" wrote in message
. com...
That sounds like a good idea for the long cone variety. I would try the
short, squaty kind...and I think I'd have to put it togeher just like a
rose.

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
I think I figured out how to make a pine cone... form the basic shape and
stick it on a skewer.. wood preferably so it wont roll around to much.

Use
straw cut lenghtwise or similarly round edged tool to cut the petals..
what
do you think?
Diana

Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art,

but
let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.
m...