OT Choosing a dog breed

Old September 20th 09, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Default OT Choosing a dog breed

Some time back- it could have been several years ago- someone posted a link
to a quiz that helped you choose a dog breed that would be suitable to your
needs. It asked questions like how often would you would groom the dog,
what size home you had, other pets, etc. Then it gave you several breeds
that would suit your living conditions and other requirements. Does anybody
know what the website was called or did anybody save the link?

TIA (Nope! Not for me- we are happy with just the four of us!)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old September 20th 09, 01:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

Not sure if this is what you remember -- but looks like it might do the
trick!

http://www.iams.com/iams/breed-infor...FQ7xDAodticObQ

--
Kate in MI

Old September 20th 09, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

I think the one you mean is http://animal.discovery.com/breedselector.
Old September 20th 09, 05:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

On Sep 19, 7:26*pm, "Leslie& The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
Some time back- it could have been several years ago- someone posted a link
to a quiz that helped you choose a dog breed that would be suitable to your
needs. *It asked questions like how often would you would groom the dog,
what size home you had, other pets, etc. *Then it gave you several breeds
that would suit your living conditions and other requirements. *Does anybody
know what the website was called or did anybody save the link?

TIA *(Nope! *Not for me- we are happy with just the four of us!)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Hi Leslie,

I just went through this process; I think everyone recalls why. Will
these do?
http://search.dogreatgood.com/dgg/ws...7?_IceUrl=true

IMNSHO, these quizzes are good starting - or jumping-off - points, but
that is all. Adopting a pet is a long-term (7 - 20 years) life-
altering commitment and I don't think anyone could/should make a
choice/decision like this based on a few quick questions. Once a
potential pet owner gets some ideas from quizzes like this, they
should dig in deep and really research the hell out of the suggested
breeds more thoroughly, talk with some owners (there are newsgroups/
message boards for virtually all major breeds) and if possible, talk
with a veterinarian for a different (kind of) perspective. Then, if
appropriate, have a family discussion, and do some serious
introspective soul-searching, and sleep on it a few nights.

Or you could save a lot of time and effort and just get a Lab. :-)

Doc
Old September 20th 09, 09:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

For me it's just get a Golden Retriever... which I suggested to my dear
friend! (Or adopt the next needing-a-home dog that wanders into your life!)

Leslie & The THREE Canine Furbabies in MO.

Old September 20th 09, 10:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

A Cocker Spaniel makes a gentle small pet. My dog is a rescued hyper
dauchund!
Barbara in SC

Old September 20th 09, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

Leslie is right on this one. Easy to work with, pretty on the eyes
and their hair blends with the colors of the flooring here.
Yellow lab would probably be my second choice. I like the
fluffy hair on a golden better than the short hair though. My
house would probably be less hairy with a lab though.
Taria

Taria

Old September 20th 09, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Bobbie Sews More" wrote:

A Cocker Spaniel makes a gentle small pet. My dog is a rescued hyper
dauchund!
Barbara in SC

I second the cocker spaniel idea! G The description of them says they
should be "merry", which they certainly are, as well as loving and
loyal. Here are a few photos of our Bisou, though I should update them;
she's now two years old!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old September 20th 09, 05:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Liz Megerle

That's what I thought. Nope, lab fur still forms tumbleweeds!
Liz, with Midnight and Jethro

Old September 20th 09, 11:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

On Sep 20, 10:26*am, "Taria" wrote:

My house would probably be less hairy with a lab *though.

Guess again.

And let us not forget that the first question Leslie asked was:
how often would you would groom the dog[?]

If that question is of significance, then a Lab wins over a Golden or
a Cocker.
There are many good reasons why Labs are *the* most popular breed in
North America, bar none.

Final word, end of discussion, I win, ya wanna fight about it, yadda,
yadda, yadda, and NYAH!

Doc

New breed of sheep :-) Macaroni Yarn 6 April 12th 07 03:39 PM
choosing thread Mary Quilting 4 February 11th 06 07:06 PM
Best large breed with young children at home Frank ess Quilting 10 February 7th 05 02:37 AM
Need help choosing searobin Glass 0 April 10th 04 07:34 PM
hand finished designer dog breed figurines for sale - $25 off each bluewolf Marketplace 0 January 30th 04 09:48 PM