Who needed the "Box Top" points?

Old September 10th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jill -Critter Comforts

Default Who needed the "Box Top" points?

Who was it that was looking for the "box top" points for their special
ed class??
Maybe they could post a reminder for those of us who have forgotten or
the new people who have join the group.

Critter Comforts: Quilts for Homeless Animals
http://community.webtv.net/critterco...ritterComforts

Old September 10th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy

Ditto me on that request.
--
ME-Judy
ajhusman at blazenetme dot net

Old September 10th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Is this the request?

During the school year, the classes have a contest to collect the Box
Tops for Education emblems that appear on a lot of food and non-food
products from General Mills. The class that collects the most wins a
pizza party and an ice cream party from the PTA. Two runners up get
ice cream parties.

We have in our school a Special Needs class with only 8 students.
These students have moderate cognitive impairments (IQs in the 45 - 65
range). Every year before this, they were named as one of the runners
up - in fact that is why they originally had 2 runners up instead of
one. With only 8 students it is hard for them to compete with classes
of 25 students.

This year, the PTA decided that it wasn't fair to the other classes
and decided not to award the Special Needs class runner-up status. The
children were not aware enough to really understand this and think
that they forgot to put the picture up. Some of us teachers have since
put their picture up also. Some of us (note: not all, which is a whole
other story) have also contributed to provide the party for this
class. The classroom teacher and aides were going to do it themselves,
but we wanted to make a stand and let the rest of the building know
how we felt.

Next year, we will be providing box tops we personally collect for
this class instead of our own.

If you purchase General Mills products with the BOXTOPS for EDUCATION
logo on them and don't use them to support your classes, I would
appreciate it if you could send them to me. Next school year, I want
this class to win! I am in the directory or email me at:
witchystitcheratyahoodotcom
Linda
PATCHogue, NY

--
Mary
"ME-Judy" wrote in message
: Ditto me on that request.
: --
: ME-Judy
: ajhusman at blazenetme dot net
:
:
: ...

Old September 10th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

Wow - that's weird, I was going to post the same message. I think it should
get posted at least once a month, so we don't forget. I have a few here,
but I think I threw one away the other day.

Pauline
Northern California

Old September 11th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
witchystitcher

Thank you. I just posted a reminder. Thanks for the reminder to post a
reminder. LOL

Linda
PATCHogue, NY