Time (or the lack thereof!)

Old September 9th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

Default Time (or the lack thereof!)

Good afternoon ladies and gents!

I'm sitting here in the health care center where I am currently trying
to survive a 65 hour shift (can't wait for Monday morning 8 am!) and
betweeen seeing patients and watching soppy after lunch movies, I have
time to sit down at the computer for a few seconds at a stretch and
catch up on the group. I was particularly interested in the baby quilt
Dh told me that a dear friend of ours is expecting her first baby. She
lost a baby last year so she kept quiet until the 12 week danger zone
had passed. I bought some fabrics last year with the intention of
making her a baby quilt but never got around to using them. I like the
warm wishes quilt idea presented in the baby quilts posts so I'll
probably end up making that or a variation thereof. I have (or should
be receiving soon) some gorgeous Debbie Mumm fabric that I will be
fussy cutting and then I plan to use solid strips of matching colors
(I was thinking yellow and green, but if I have time and find out the
baby's sex, I might do pink and yellow or blue and yellow depending).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:X:RTQ:US:11

This is the fabric. What do you think?

Any ideas on matching fabrics?

I love this fabric!!

SIGH!!!!!

Another project with a due date to add to my ever growing pile of
UFO's and WIP's!!! Let's see:

- DD2 Lucia's quilt top is all done and needs to be sandwiched and
quilted
- Double wedding ring lap throw attempt is ready for sandwiching and
quilting
- My king size quilt as you go log cabin quilt is still being
assembled (strips and batting and backing all cut and ready)
- Lucia's (a friend) sampler quilt in neutral shades, all cut and
ready for assembly. Need to cut the batting squares and backing on
that one!
- Maria's (another friend) moondance quilt all quilt and partially
assembled.Not even thinking sandwich yet!
-Ingrid's (yet another friend - Lucia, Maria, and Ingrid are sisters)
monkey wrench quilt has survived the planning designs and fabric
buying stages and is currently waiting to be cut.
- Irene's Sun Bonnet Sue quilt is in the design and planning stage
with the fabrics already bought.
- DD1 Laura wants a hip girlie make-up, clothes, fashion card trick
quilt; fabrics are waiting to be cut once the design gets off EQ.
- DD2 wants a veternarian/animal quilt that is still in the brainwave
stage.
- And now this baby quilt!!!

Of course, all of this is in addition to my knitting (whcih for some
reason seems to have taken me by storm again and I currently have 2
WIP's and 3 waiting to be assembled pieces. And cross stitching,
which, I will admit, I have neglected for the past few weeks after
completing the stitching of 12 traditional patchwork blocks designs
converted to cross stitch to be assembled into a birthday calendar for
my patchwork teacher (Note to self: MUST be finished before October
2nd when patchwork classes resume!).

Anyone want to sell me a few hours of their day?????

Claudia

Old September 9th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Wouldn't let me open! But your quilt ideas sound great. And it also seems
like you NEED some sewing time! 65 hours -sheesh!
Roberta in D

ps.com...

Old September 9th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

On 9 sep, 17:32, "Roberta Zollner" wrote:
Wouldn't let me open! But your quilt ideas sound great. And it also seems
like you NEED some sewing time! 65 hours -sheesh!
Roberta in D

try this link

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...37489457tpzEHk

Yeah, sometimes after 65 hours I feel like I've been sentenced to hard
time!

Claudia

Old September 9th 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

That is really pretty fabric. I can see Turquoise and Mauve or even Navy.
The Warm Wishes is a nice pattern.I have done it several times! Good luck
with it. Sounds like you do need some time for yourself.!
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

ups.com...

Old September 9th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

I'd grab a block of fabric and hit the jenny beyer collections.... I bet
you'd find lots of great blenders!!!

--
Kate in MI

ps.com...

Old September 10th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

That's better! Such cute fabric -I'd be tempted to fussy cut the individual
motifs and maybe set them in a Square-in-a-square, alternated with some
other coordinating block, maybe Ohio Star. And use the rest of the focus
fabric as the backing.

Old September 10th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy[_2_]

"claudia" schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:1189353597.462318.146270@22g2000hs m.googlegroups.com...

On 9 sep, 17:32, "Roberta Zollner" wrote:
Wouldn't let me open! But your quilt ideas sound great. And it also seems
like you NEED some sewing time! 65 hours -sheesh!
Roberta in D

try this link

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...37489457tpzEHk

Yeah, sometimes after 65 hours I feel like I've been sentenced to hard
time!

Claudia- Hide quoted text -

Claudia-you must be a nurse or an intern. i work for a surgeon. i feel
your pain, babe!! LOL!
if i didnt have my quilting time, i'd probably be more crazy than i
am!!
chocolate is a food group. you must have a daily dose!!
amy